PDA

View Full Version : Could Superstar Limo be reopening September 27th



Darkbeer
08-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Someone I know just got a flyer with her Disney Travel Vacation package in the mail, and inside on a calendar, it claims that StupidStar Lame-o reopens September 27th :eek:, could it really be true???

Will the amount of cocktails served at the Avalon Cove Bar increase due to SSL reopening?? (The only way to ride SSL is drunk!):D

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Will the amount of cocktails served at the Avalon Cove Bar increase due to SSL reopening?? (The only way to ride SSL is drunk!):D

LOL! A better question would be, Do we really want Super Star Lame-O to return? DRUNK! lol.

madamemortem
08-17-2002, 09:24 PM
Well, I kinda liked Super Stupid Limo. It was one of the few things I could take my 4 yr old niece on at DCA. I just hope they have made it better.:cool:

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by madamemortem
Well, I kinda liked Super Stupid Limo. It was one of the few things I could take my 4 yr old niece on at DCA. I just hope they have made it better.:cool:

I know what your saying. sorry I just have to test this here. test test test

(hehe I did it, I'm so proud)

cstephens
08-17-2002, 09:54 PM
It would be great if Superstar Limo was re-opening. I always enjoyed that ride.

Wizard69
08-17-2002, 10:18 PM
I liked it too. At the time, it was the only ride I could take my son on. Now he is able to go on almost everything (except 48"+ rides)

mkyears
08-17-2002, 11:36 PM
SUPERSTAR LIMO is the best ride in the world. Where else can you ride with stars. I just love the extreme thrills and excitement the ride has to offer. I sure hope it comes back

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by mkyears
SUPERSTAR LIMO is the best ride in the world. Where else can you ride with stars. I just love the extreme thrills and excitement the ride has to offer. I sure hope it comes back

ummm uh huh. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lol ;)

Matterhorn Fan
08-18-2002, 06:59 AM
Yes! My silent protest has finally begun to take effect!

Is there also good news about Cosmic Waves? (Or maybe that would be just too much joy for one thread?)

EandCDad
08-18-2002, 07:45 AM
I never muched cared for that ride, but, I hope it is re-opening becuase my kids sure liked it and it gives us one more thing to do in the Hollywood Backlot.

I'd probably feel differently if they were going to take the whole thing our and put in a new ride, but since that seems very unlikely, I'd just as soon have it available as an option.

justagrrl
08-18-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey - now I'll actually get a chance to go on it and see what all the hub-bub is about. :)

Not Afraid
08-18-2002, 09:20 AM
I guess I'm just indifferent to the possibility of SSL returning. Maye it will be hugely popular and take some of the crowds away from Soaring or Screamin' - NOT. I guess my lack of excitement is more telling than anything.:rolleyes:

Kuzcotopia
08-18-2002, 10:18 AM
Man! I ALMOST want it back!

Almost!

You know how some things are so bad, they become good?


Superstar Limo is so bad that a sort of majesty creeps into it. It is bad not merely in the simple sense, but in the way that Opera can be bad, or Waterworld or this year's All-Star Baseball game.

Darkbeer
08-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Was thinking about this, wasn't September 27th, 2003 (yes, over a year from now) the date mentioned on Disney.com (I went to check on it, and now the farthest I can go into the future is October of 2002, in fact, November and December are not even valid months at Disney.com at the Hours and Show schedule.....

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/HoursAndShows/index?StartMonth=10&StartDay=31&StartYear=2002&Stay=10&DCA=DCA&DLP=DLP&DTD=DTD&DRH=DRH&submit.x=62&submit.y=11

Guess if you eliminate the access, people won't complain about the information not being there......:rolleyes:

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Did SSL have a FP? I dont remember but I dont think so.

cstephens
08-18-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Did SSL have a FP? I dont remember but I dont think so.

It did not.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Okay I must have been drunk. lol ;)

Disneyfreak
08-18-2002, 10:01 PM
It didnt need a fastpass because no one was in line for it because it was such a lame ride. MANNNNNN My Download NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was downloading a huge file and when it finished it was transfering to my hard drive and I was typing and hit the space bar and it canceled it!!!! DARN IT SSL.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
It didnt need a fastpass because no one was in line for it because it was such a lame ride. MANNNNNN My Download NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was downloading a huge file and when it finished it was transfering to my hard drive and I was typing and hit the space bar and it canceled it!!!! DARN IT SSL.

See what SSL does to us all?

MonorailMan
08-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
It didnt need a fastpass because no one was in line for it because it was such a lame ride. MANNNNNN My Download NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was downloading a huge file and when it finished it was transfering to my hard drive and I was typing and hit the space bar and it canceled it!!!! DARN IT SSL.

Calm Down!

Do This:
In IE click Tools -> Internet Options....
On the front page, click the "Settings..." button.
Now Hit the "View Files" button
Look through this folder for the file you Downloaded.
Now drag 'n' drop to desktop. :)

thekirk
08-19-2002, 01:05 AM
On my last trip to the resort the limo ride was closed. What kind of ride is it? Describe what it is like, someone....if you don't mind.

rexfarms
08-19-2002, 01:31 AM
Corny and Cheap! You rode in a "Limo" and were a new star trying to make it to your big opening. You go through various parts of Southern California. Belle Aire(sp), Malibu, Beverly Hills, Radeo Drive...etc. You see various AAs of Stars, Tim Allen, Jackey Chan. Your agent is kinda scary too lol.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-19-2002, 08:57 AM
At the Passholder soft-opens, there was a huge line for SSL simply because nobody had any idea what it was about.

Personally, I thought the in-jokes (e.g., there's a Madame Leota's fortunetelling parlor, if I remember right; also the "white zone/red zone" announcements were almost as funny as the ones in Airplane) were kind of cute, but a very slim basis for a ride, and certainly not worth enduring the queue-"entertainment" featuring (computer-generated? puppet? real-but-computer-manipulated?) Joan Rivers (can we talk?).

I suspect that the huge lines at the soft-opens were people expecting at least a scaled-down GMR from Florida. I know I was.

PXSgeek
08-19-2002, 01:58 PM
can someone tell me why a tourist wo just used up his savings on a vacation to DLR would want an ugly plastic tim allen jumping out at them after a 30 min wait?

my mom thinks the ride is "funny" but to me its a waste of good limited space. i see no reason for disneys involvment wit ABC tv has to show in their theme parks

rexfarms
08-19-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by PXSgeek
can someone tell me why a tourist wo just used up his savings on a vacation to DLR would want an ugly plastic tim allen jumping out at them after a 30 min wait?

my mom thinks the ride is "funny" but to me its a waste of good limited space. i see no reason for disneys involvment wit ABC tv has to show in their theme parks

YEAH!