PDA

View Full Version : Is iasw going back to the old White and Gold color scheme

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
08-17-2002, 01:36 PM
Here are some new photos...

http://www.westcoaster.net/update.php?id=0817023

Notice at the bottom of the first photo the entire area is white...

Now, let's look at the same area just about a week ago...

http://www.disneygeek.net/updates/2002_08_09_update/disneyland_update.php?page_id=2

The second photo, with all the bright pink paint on the lower half...

So why did Disney just repaint over this freshly painted area???

Are we going back to the old White and Gold Facade???????

HBTiggerFan
08-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Darkbeer,
A group of us noticed that yesterday. The freshly painted pink was primered over. Alot of the fixtures are down and most of the fascade is now covered in white primer. So it would seem that they are going to paint it white/gold again. But that would be to logical for Disney. Just cross your body parts.

bandboy1985
08-17-2002, 05:00 PM
also, from the disneygeek.com website photo spread-

the new load gates are white and gold, too...;)

MonorailMan
08-17-2002, 05:11 PM
And the new maps show it as White and Gold. :)

merlinjones
08-17-2002, 05:39 PM
White and gold!!! Cool! I think it was Mattel that had insisted on the pastel color scheme when they became the sponsor. I'm so glad it will be restored properly!!!

I hope they bought alot of white... Tomorrowland's next, perhaps???

3IAlienKid
08-17-2002, 06:10 PM
Recently, there was an article in Disney Magazine about the department that selects the color schemes for the resorts. My wife and I both laughed because we have been very disappointed w/ Disney's choice of colors recently like the rusty look of the Tomorrowland paint or the pink and blue castle. That whole DCA entryway "postcard" thing is attrocious. A lot of the colors at the new WDW hotels are just plain tacky (especially those bedsheets at the Jamaica section of the Carribean Beach Hotel).

The Small World entryway returning to it's original glory would be a welcome relief.

blusilva
08-17-2002, 07:38 PM
I hate to get too hopeful...but

YAY!!!!!!! It looks so much better that way!

How come they didn't paint it when it was down for months being refurbished?

HBTiggerFan
08-17-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by blusilva
How come they didn't paint it when it was down for months being refurbished?

I asked that too. and the reply I got was "that would be to simple" :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
08-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Maybe the same painters were used inside iasw during the rehab, hard to be two places at once.....:p

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I think it is time for some new colors all around the Resort.

zapppop
08-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Now if they could spare just a little more of that white paint and send it over to Tomorrowland....;)

JasonWorrel
08-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Anyone have a picture of the old IASM facade?

zapppop
08-18-2002, 05:31 AM
http://members.aol.com/zapppop/smallworld.bmp
http://members.aol.com/zapppop/smallworld.jpg

justagrrl
08-18-2002, 08:03 AM
It looks so much cleaner when it's white. So nice and clean and bright. I hope they restore it to the look in the photo.

haiderodes
08-18-2002, 08:44 AM
That's one thing I always remember about visit Disneyland when I was little....the blue, white, and gold IASW. The pastels were just tacky and you noticed when it began to fade!

If they wanted something extra they could use colored lighting at night much how they do on the castle and Matterhorn during special events and on Space Mtn. before they painted it.

Has anyone noticed how overtime the Matterhorn has become less white? I mean back in the day it used to be white all over. Once they took out the Skyway it seems the white is more concentrated near the top.

Techie7
08-18-2002, 10:22 AM
I just received a call from Zapppop and the Sunday Brunch Group. It seems that a sign has now been posted outside of the attraction stating that in preparation for Disneyland's 50th the attraction is undergoing a colorful transformation back to the original white and gold like it was when Walt Disney dedicated it. Sounds like the 50th is now moving forward. The eyewitness report stated that the facade is now 75% white. Pictures should be posted this evening pending a digital picture from Cemienke.

Disney Nick
08-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
I just received a call from Zapppop and the Sunday Brunch Group. It seems that a sign has now been posted outside of the attraction stating that in preparation for Disneyland's 50th the attraction is undergoing a colorful transformation back to the original white and gold like it was when Walt Disney dedicated it. Sounds like the 50th is now moving forward. The eyewitness report stated that the facade is now 75% white. Pictures should be posted this evening pending a digital picture from Cemienke.
I just text messaged Lisa... waiting for a response to be sure, but I sooo hope so!

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:10 AM
I sure hope this is true. Could Disney finally be catching on? I doubt it. lol ;)

Disney Nick
08-18-2002, 11:18 AM
CONFIRMED: The original post by Techi7 is true; a sign is posted by IASW stating that it is going to be painted in the gold & white colors back when Walt dedicated in preparation for the 50th anniversary. VERY COOL! Maybe they do finally get it?

EandCDad
08-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Techie7

I just received official notice from FEJ that they have a new roll of tissue in stall 4 of the Tomorrowland bathrooms. We did not have any eyewitness confirmations (thank goodness) of this fact and I plan on specifically requesting that cemeinke NOT take any pictures. It is nice to see Disney moving forward on these issues. ;)

Techie7
08-18-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

I just received official notice from FEJ that they have a new roll of tissue in stall 4 of the Tomorrowland bathrooms. We did not have any eyewitness confirmations (thank goodness) of this fact and I plan on specifically requesting that cemeinke NOT take any pictures. It is nice to see Disney moving forward on these issues. ;)

Those bathrooms were needing new tissue. On a side note pooh continues its invasion of Critter County. ;)

Thanks eandcdad!!!

Darkbeer
08-18-2002, 01:25 PM
I heard a rumor that they use more toliet paper in the ladies room than in the mens room, and since it cost more for the parks to operate due to this fact, there will be a new $1 surcharge for any female entering the park.....;) :rolleyes: :p

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
I heard a rumor that they use more toliet paper in the ladies room than in the mens room, and since it cost more for the parks to operate due to this fact, there will be a new $1 surcharge for any female entering the park.....;) :rolleyes: :p

LOL!

Disney Nick
08-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Back on topic, I can't wait for the new colors. Never got to see them as a child (at least that I can remember). Can't wait for it!

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles
Back on topic, I can't wait for the new colors. Never got to see them as a child (at least that I can remember). Can't wait for it!

Me too! Well at least I didnt pay any attention to them until they were changed. lol