PDA

View Full Version : Just a note...

DisneylandKid
08-17-2002, 09:17 AM
I have a California AAA book from about 2 years ago, and guess what's on the cover? Yes, Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I just find this amazing, because in California we have so much:
Golden Gate Bridge
Hollywood
L.A.
Beautiful beaches
Yosemite
Sequoia
Mountains
Valleys
Etc.

And they picked Disneyland to put on their cover :).

(Now I'm not sure if Disney might have slipped AAA some money, which, in that case, would throw off the whole purpose of this thread.)

adriennek
08-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Disneyland's been on the cover of the AAA CA tour books for years. Currently, they have two CA books-- one for Northern and one for Southern CA. DL is on the Southern CA book.

I'm pretty darn sure that the Disneyland Resort and Anaheim area hotels send lots and lots of advertising dollars to AAA to encourage this placement. Have you seen how big the Anaheim area section is?

Adrienne K

MouseWife
08-17-2002, 10:04 AM
Very good point, adriennek~

There are now two books for California. Did the people at AAA tell me this? Noooooo. I received the Southern Ca book. Did not cover Lake Tahoe at all. I never had the chance to go back and get the Northern one.

So, heed the advice given, ask for both!!

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Hmmm, I seem to remember the Orlando one having WDW on it too. Could it be that Disney owns AAA? lol jk you know they own the whole world. ;) ;)

adriennek
08-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
There are now two books for California. Did the people at AAA tell me this? Noooooo. I received the Southern Ca book. Did not cover Lake Tahoe at all. I never had the chance to go back and get the Northern one.

Ugh! How frustrating!

I've been very fortunate in finding mostly all of the AAA people I have met very helpful. When I went in for my vacation planning, I think they just GAVE me both and said, "It's two books now."

I always end up stopping in AAA offices when we're on the road, too. The guy in Sacramento laughed when I asked for a map of Bakersfield but he was nice about it. Of course, I was laughing, too...

Adrienne K

MouseWife
08-17-2002, 12:09 PM
I don't know if the woman was new or if it was just really busy.

I do love the benefits of AAA. Why, just on our last trip we broke down. We had the towing service which towed us to an honest mechanic, didn't rip us off.

I just need to know, do they offer discounted Disneyland tickets? Or is that only with a package.

I have never booked any travel with them.

Dying to go on the Rails to the Rim tour.

Disney Nick
08-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MouseWife
I don't know if the woman was new or if it was just really busy.

I do love the benefits of AAA. Why, just on our last trip we broke down. We had the towing service which towed us to an honest mechanic, didn't rip us off.

I just need to know, do they offer discounted Disneyland tickets? Or is that only with a package.

I have never booked any travel with them.

Dying to go on the Rails to the Rim tour.
They usually offer various discounted tickets from time to time. Right now they are offering the 3-day park hopper for $90, and the 4-day park hopper for $111 (for both kids & adults). These tickets also include free parking in Mickey & Friends, but expire sometime in early/mid September. They will probably have a different discounted ticket after that.