PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia Gardens, DLH show?

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 01:09 AM
1) What is Fantasia Gardens? Where is it? What does it have to do with the Motor Boats?
2) What is that show with the water and the music (water fountains????) at the Disneyland Hotel? Thanks for the answers, they help me so very much! lol Or am I drunk?

Nigel2
08-17-2002, 01:20 AM
Well... I would say it's time to put down the trendy ice beverages...

But Fantasia Gardens was a thing they put in the front of the Motorboat lagoon. It basially was a few topiaries (I never stayed arround if there was a show), but they were shaped like a Hippo and a Croc from a segement of the movie.

You are thinking of Fantasy waters at the hotel, it still runs, not terribly impressive, but it's something to see.

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Well... I would say it's time to put down the trendy ice beverages...

But Fantasia Gardens was a thing they put in the front of the Motorboat lagoon. It basially was a few topiaries (I never stayed arround if there was a show), but they were shaped like a Hippo and a Croc from a segement of the movie.

You are thinking of Fantasy waters at the hotel, it still runs, not terribly impressive, but it's something to see.

Thanks! 1) Where can I find this Fantasia Gardens and 2) what are the times of the Fantasy Waters Show? And where is the show held? thanks again ;)

Nigel2
08-17-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms

Thanks! 1) Where can I find this Fantasia Gardens and 2) what are the times of the Fantasy Waters Show? And where is the show held? thanks again ;)

Well they aren't so much a show or anything, but anyway it's where the start of the motorboat curise use to be (right across from the enterence to the matterhorn).

Well I am not sure about Fantasy waters' start time but it's location is right next to the Bonita tower of the DLH, they post the show times at various parts of the hotel and on the thing itself. Just don't expect too much

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Around what time though? Does anybody know? All days of the week? thanks everybody!

Nigel2
08-17-2002, 09:44 PM
I think they are like 8 and 9 pm and they are every night since there isn't a cast for it I beleive. (Try calling the hotel, or try the sight since it's the same everynight I think)

socabch
08-17-2002, 09:45 PM
Around what time though?

If I remember right it starts after dark and runs every 30 minutes every night. It's been years since I've watched it. If you don't get a good answer, DLH might be able to tell you. This I do know, you don't have to a hotel guest to see it.

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Well on the Disneyland Website it says, "Fantasy Waters Show
Featuring the "Magic of Disney Music," the Fantasy Waters Show is a dazzling spectacle of water and lights synchronized to your favorite classic Disney music.
Shown nightly in the outdoor Fantasy Waters Amphitheater." but it doesnt have the time, also when I did the Schedule it says "Oops. Our systems are being updated right now. Please try again later." So I suppse I will try later, or just ask a CM next time I go. thanks!;)

Nigel2
08-17-2002, 11:42 PM
I saw that too (as I searched for your answer) But basically when you get to the hotel area the cm's there should know, or even the city hall or info boards may know (not posted though)

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:18 AM
k thanks!

JBKMC
08-18-2002, 09:03 PM
In 1996, WDW opened Fantasia Miniature Golf which consists of Fantasia Gardens "The Hippo-est Golf Around" and Fantasia Fairways "A Miniature Golfing Adventure". The 2 courses are located behind the Dolphin on Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Both courses are themed to, you guessed it, Disney's Animated Classic Fantasia!

Fantasia Gardens features pirouetting gators, tutu clad hippos and dancing water fountains. Putt your way through five musical sequences from Fantasia." The Gardens course is best suited for families and beginning golfers.
The whimsical course holes have names like Toccata and Fugue (good shots are rewarded with musical tones), The Nutcracker Suite (obstacles include dancing mushrooms), The Pastoral Symphony ( a 40-foot-tall Mount Olympus complete with waterfalls), and "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," starring Mickey Mouse, his troop of out-of-control broomsticks and dazzling water effects.

(copy and pasted from www.wdwig.com)

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 09:08 PM
yeah I know thanks but I was asking about the DL one. ;)