PDA

View Full Version : Change to Early Entry Days of the Week

Pages : [1] 2

RideMax Mark
01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney and confirmed that Disney has changed the EE schedule for Disneyland.

The EE days of the week are now Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The OLD schedule was Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. So Monday is now off the list, and Sunday has been added in its place.

Mermaid
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Aw man. I liked that Sunday didn't have EE. It gave the APs a shot to be there "at opening." But, I understand!

VickiC
01-15-2008, 06:46 AM
I know. Sunday morning used to be the best time to hit a bunch of rides quickly before the crowds arrived.

Crazy4DL
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree. . . Sunday morning opening was one of our favorite time at Disneyland. Oh well, good thing we have TONS of "favorite times" :D:p

disneyhound
01-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for posting, looks like it will be a Tuesday MM/EE for us this year!

disneyrox
01-15-2008, 05:32 PM
A definite bummer for us local APs.

Katiecat
01-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info! I had an EE planned for Monday 2/18, so I switched it to Sunday instead.

Nancy
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
This is so sad!! The reason I book a Disney hotel is for EE Mondays!! :crying:

kennythepirate
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
They're changing the name to "Magic Mornings" as well. Which I kind of like.

It seems like locals hate it, out of towners love it.

TTFN92
01-16-2008, 01:54 PM
A definite bummer for us local APs.

Why is this a bummer for local APs? APs aren't allowed into EE anyway so what difference does it make?

Niwel
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
They're changing the name to "Magic Mornings" as well. Which I kind of like.

Isn't that what WDW calls it.
I'm bummed about losing Sundays ... but that means the parking structure opens earlier, too. :)

Niwel
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Why is this a bummer for local APs? APs aren't allowed into EE anyway so what difference does it make?

That's the bummer. Not having EE on Sunday meant locals could get to the gates early to get onto the attractions first thing. Now that is no longer an option.

houseofmouse
01-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Isn't that what WDW calls it.
. :)
WDW is Extra Magic Hours. :)

Niwel
01-16-2008, 02:05 PM
WDW is Extra Magic Hours. :)

Ah... my mistake. DL used to call it Magic Mornings before it became EE.

kennythepirate
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM

No, APs only receive early entry if they are staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

disneyhound
01-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm bummed about losing Sundays ... but that means the parking structure opens earlier, too. :)

I wish I could be bummed about being a local with an AP who no longer gets Sundays... That just me being jealous, you have every right to be bummed!

Crazy4DL
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Never mind - Niwel already answered and I was skimming - bad me!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-17-2008, 12:03 PM
That's the bummer. Not having EE on Sunday meant locals could get to the gates early to get onto the attractions first thing. Now that is no longer an option.

So with you on that we used to cherish our calm quiet Sunday mornings, a nice way to end a three day visit to DL!! Get there at opening ride all we want to ride in FL and the do the rest of the park and be on the rode by 2 or so, oh well such is life :)

disneyrox
01-17-2008, 12:17 PM

Because we used to be able to show up at the gates on Sunday morning at opening and not have a bunch of people already in the parks.

Going during the week during the school year isn't a possibility, so that leaves weekends for us...Saturdays already have EE and now Sundays do too, so anyday we can go, there are already people in the park.

codewoman
01-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Perhaps this is treading on sacred ground -- but why not take your kids out of school for a day occasionally and heading to DL? I took mine (and a friend of his as well) out of school for three days to travel down there. Locals have the same option.

Niwel
01-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Perhaps this is treading on sacred ground -- but why not take your kids out of school for a day occasionally and heading to DL? I took mine (and a friend of his as well) out of school for three days to travel down there. Locals have the same option.

The new schedule only allows non EE on Mondays and Wednesdays. During non-peak times, hours are much shorter during the week, as are shows and nighttime fare (such as Fantasmic and the Fireworks). Also, attraction hours tend to be a little off during the week -- some might open later or close earlier).

Bolivar
01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Does EE really have a significant impact on the morning crowd? I have never really thought so. A small number of people are in the park an hour before everyone else, likely the same people who would have been at the gates at opening. I have always found Sunday mornings to be kind of slow anyway, not getting bustling until 10ish anyway and not getting busy until noon.

Niwel
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
I have always found Sunday mornings to be kind of slow anyway, not getting bustling until 10ish anyway and not getting busy until noon.

Right ... because there was no EE on Sunday. Now the crowds will likely start earlier.

Bolivar
01-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Why will the crowds start any earlier? To make up some numbers, if there are 20,000 people in the park at 10:00am, what difference does it make that a couple thousand of them were in the park at 8:00? It is still the same number of people.

Niwel
01-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Why will the crowds start any earlier? To make up some numbers, if there are 20,000 people in the park at 10:00am, what difference does it make that a couple thousand of them were in the park at 8:00? It is still the same number of people.

OK, I'm not a math person -- so bear with me -- and I'm sure someone else could explain it a bit better.

I'm among those who enjoys the thrill of walking onto an attraction first thing in the morning and planning the remainder of my day around being able to do so. If a few-thousand people are already in the park when I get there (which I don't like, and is why I always get there before the park opens), the odds of that happening decrease, because I have to get from the front of the park to attraction X. While those already in the park because of EE have a clear advantage. And it throws off my day. :)