PDA

View Full Version : Do they have the AP dining pins this year?

TTFN92
01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
We loved getting a new pin when we had our APs a couple of years ago. We are planning on getting them again and would love to get some more pins.

VickiC
01-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, the nex tone comes out January 27.

TTFN92
01-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I can't find it on the pin website anywhere. Does anyone know where there is info on it?

cstephens
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Lady and the Tramp is the next AP dining pin. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=31202) The Mad Hatter is then coming out at the end of March. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=31205)

TTFN92
01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanx! :)

Toocherie
01-14-2008, 10:47 AM
at the risk of sucking myself into another pin-trading adventure (I've managed to avoid it since the 2002 SLC Olympics) how does this work? Do you buy meals at the listed locations on or after that date or would meals bought now count? where do you go to actually get the pins and I assume you need your receipt(s)?

cstephens
01-14-2008, 10:53 AM
at the risk of sucking myself into another pin-trading adventure (I've managed to avoid it since the 2002 SLC Olympics) how does this work? Do you buy meals at the listed locations on or after that date or would meals bought now count? where do you go to actually get the pins and I assume you need your receipt(s)?

There is a list of locations where the pin can be obtained. You have to spend the set amount of money ($30, before tax and after discount), and then they'll give you the pin. (My experience is that they'll give you one pin for each increment - so if you spend $60 before tax and after discount, you'd get two pins.) Meals purchased before the promotion date don't count, and meals bought on or after the promotion date count as long as supplies last. Pins are available at the locations themselves. If you were at a counter service place, you'd get your pin from the cashier. If you're at a table service place, your server would bring it to you when you settle out your check.

HobbitFeet
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Certain restaurants (listed on the pin site in those links previously listed) have the pins. You buy $30 worth of food, you get a pin. Buy $60 and get two pins. Etc.

However, we went Dec 5 and they were out of the chip and dale pins (the ones active for the 4th quarter of the year) . :( Had been sold out for ages. Manager of GCH said she called all around for us, but no one had them.

TTFN92
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
at the risk of sucking myself into another pin-trading adventure

Oh, this is soooo easy to do ;).

VickiC
01-14-2008, 11:14 AM
I just looked at the list of restaurants who will have them in 2008. Is it my imagination or has this list shrunk? I could swear Cafe Orleans used to have pins.

cstephens
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
I just looked at the list of restaurants who will have them in 2008. Is it my imagination or has this list shrunk? I could swear Cafe Orleans used to have pins.

Those are the restaurants I recall having the dining pins. I don't remember Cafe Orleans being part of the promotion. Sometimes, they've had their own promotion, usually something having to do with pirates or Jack Skellington.

Gone2Disneyland
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh, this is soooo easy to do ;).

...so long as you go with a small group or one other very hungry eater to reach $30. :p

I'll add that it's best to keep tabs on the release dates for new pins in the series. I'd guess they tend to sell out within a few weeks time, since it is fairly easy to get them and there's so many pin fans out there.

I have a small pile of boxes from times I've gone with friends on a day they happen to have pins in stock, and we get our two or three pins from getting a $60+ or $90+ bill. They're a fun treat to get, but honestly, they just pile up on my Disney shelf. Do these even get traded since they come in a box?

cstephens
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
...so long as you go with a small group or one other very hungry eater to reach $30. :p

And as long as the other people in your group don't want a pin.

Since it's the husband and me, it's not as difficult as with one person, though the AP discount actually becomes a problem because it's $30 after discount. I have a friend who went with another friend, and they both wanted a particular pin, so they each had to come up with $30. That's a lot tougher. Sometimes, we'll arrange to go to one of the table restaurants if we want a particular pin to make sure we hit our minimum. We specifically did that for a couple of the 50th AP dining pins. Since the husband is a Lady and the Tramp fan, we'll probably end up doing that for that pin too.

HobbitFeet
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I have a small pile of boxes from times I've gone with friends on a day they happen to have pins in stock, and we get our two or three pins from getting a $60+ or $90+ bill. They're a fun treat to get, but honestly, they just pile up on my Disney shelf. Do these even get traded since they come in a box?

Boxes? The ones we got in late Sept from Blue Bayou didn't have a box.

As for trading, DH was approached by someone in December who wanted his pin from September. The guy had something that was worth it to him, so he traded.

Tinkermommy
01-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Ain't that the truth! Since only my daughter and I have APs, our meal bills are never even close to $30. We got a pin once, when my husband joined us for her birthday. That's the only time our otherwise too-little party qualifies!:rolleyes:

cstephens
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Boxes? The ones we got in late Sept from Blue Bayou didn't have a box.

All the 50th dining pins (the ones commemorating various restaurants) came in a box. I don't remember if others did.

Leap for Joy
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM
A few trips back I was waiting in line at Pacific Wharf Cafe and a couple asked if they could buy my lunch so that their total would be high enough to get the pin. I told them I'd be happy to put my meal on the same ticket and give them cash for my share, but they insisted that I was doing them a favor. So I got a free lunch! :)

Gone2Disneyland
01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
All the 50th dining pins (the ones commemorating various restaurants) came in a box. I don't remember if others did.

Yes, I just checked, and I guess I remembered these 50th dining pins when I posted earlier. The ones I've gotten since didn't come in boxes. Sorry for the confusion. :confused: