PDA

View Full Version : A Patina Downtown Disney Dining Event in 2008?

Rkkm
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Checking my calendar from 2007, last year's DTD Patina Dining Event was on February 5th. Any news of a repeat this year?

AVP
01-13-2008, 06:35 AM
No news, but I have contacted the new marketing person at Patina to ask.

AVP

olegc
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM

AVP

yeah - it's been a long time and I wondered about it's return since the new group took over. Park Prive is right next door to my office and the folks there don't know anything about it. I expected that answer - but I thought I'd ask. ;)

cstephens
01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
yeah - it's been a long time and I wondered about it's return since the new group took over.

New group? :confused:

Last I heard, they didn't have any real plans. I know that if the folks at Catal had any say, they'd do away with those. They hate the AP events.

olegc
01-13-2008, 03:10 PM
New group? :confused:

Spichal (head chef and founder, patina group) and other investors bought back the Patina Group from the company that had bought it from him a while back. This was in early 2007 I believe (maybe late 2006).

cstephens
01-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Spichal (head chef and founder, patina group) and other investors bought back the Patina Group from the company that had bought it from him a while back.

Yeah, ok. I was thinking I hadn't heard of anything else. I wouldn't characterize it as a new group though. It's not like Joachim had ever walked away from it. He was still very much involved, but he just has more control again this way.

And the AP event generally isn't something corporate would control. It would be decided upon by the people in charge of the DTD group for Patina.

disney_leonard
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM

AVP

Any update?

AVP
01-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Any update?Nothing