PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice - working weekends at Disneyland

knotts ride op
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Long, Sad Story...I origianlly applied to become a cast member in attractions two years ago. But because I work M-F 8-5 for an Engineering firm I didn't have full availability for Summer, Christmas and Spring Break,... so I was booted during the application process for availabilty issues. I went to work for Knott's on the weekends as a ride operator and trainer (Supreme Scream, Xcelerator, and Timber Mountain Log Ride) and it's really been fun, but it's just not Disney. I've loved Disney for decades and that's where I really wanted to work.
Recently, I was told by friends working at Disney that they are now hiring Weekend Only cast members (Friday pm thru Sunday). Great I thought, and trotted down to reapply but again was rejected for lack of full availability. HELP!... Who can I write to in attractions and/or human resources to plead my case. I'd really like to work in attractions and I've got a great track record at Knotts. Help me please.

princessy777
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Long, Sad Story...I origianlly applied to become a cast member in attractions two years ago. But because I work M-F 8-5 for an Engineering firm I didn't have full availability for Summer, Christmas and Spring Break,... so I was booted during the application process for availabilty issues. I went to work for Knott's on the weekends as a ride operator and trainer (Supreme Scream, Xcelerator, and Timber Mountain Log Ride) and it's really been fun, but it's just not Disney. I've loved Disney for decades and that's where I really wanted to work.
Recently, I was told by friends working at Disney that they are now hiring Weekend Only cast members (Friday pm thru Sunday). Great I thought, and trotted down to reapply but again was rejected for lack of full availability. HELP!... Who can I write to in attractions and/or human resources to plead my case. I'd really like to work in attractions and I've got a great track record at Knotts. Help me please.
Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting to do the same thing but am a financial analyst so I too would only be available on the weekends. I thought this summer before I get married would be a good time and I could earn some extra money for the wedding. Plus get my foot in the door to work in the accounting offices there. If you get an answer to this please let me know!

dawnid
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd have your friends let you know when any Job Fairs are being held and try that venue. I don't have any current inside info but just based on past experience it seems like the CM's in recruitment are given assignments to fill certain positions in cycles. They get a block of CM's needed in X, then a # in Y. So your type of position-A wanted might not be high on their priority list so they try to convince you to take what they have high on their list.

This is just my 2 cents based on anecdotes from others and being an alumni not any contacts in staffing.

motomickey
01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
i know several new hires who are only available on saturdays and sundays and were hired as CRs in December. Don't give up!

codewoman
01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting to do the same thing but am a financial analyst so I too would only be available on the weekends. I thought this summer before I get married would be a good time and I could earn some extra money for the wedding. Plus get my foot in the door to work in the accounting offices there. If you get an answer to this please let me know!

Hey, they're hiring in Anaheim for jobs like yours. I know, because I'm a business analyst and I was looking. Check out the jobs posting on their website. You may just get a Disney job without working attractions!