PDA

View Full Version : Radio Question

Pages : [1] 2

rexfarms
08-15-2002, 04:33 PM
My company has Motorola HT750 radios(walkie-talkies) which look like the radios they have at Disneyland for the CMs. If I were to wear it on my belt and had a lapel microphone would it be alright? Esp. after 9/11. Please give me the info. You can find a pic of it here (http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/portables/ht750.shtml) . I just think it would help us out a lot when we go to Disneyland esp. since we would be the only ones on that frequency.

Polar33
08-15-2002, 05:21 PM
Most CMs would probabally notice the similarity but not think much of it, some management types have been known to go to the park with their familys on their day off and carry their radio The only thing you would have to worry about would be security and they most definately would care. Looking over the specs there is no way that you would interfere with any of the main park frequencies, but I believe that the hotels still use a seperate system and there most likely could be frequency interferience with that. Also, some entertainment equipment falls in that frequency range as well. Without a smaller frequency range it's hard to tell excatly what interferience, if any may happen with the Disney frequencies.

If you do use them I would recomend against wearing the radio on your belt as it would draw attention that you probabaly don't want. Use a mic/earpiece and if anyone asks about that just claim it is for your cell phone.

rexfarms
08-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Where can I find out for sure if it will? Thanks

tabacco
08-15-2002, 11:14 PM
There's a very good chance security will question you if you're wearing it on your belt CM-style.

rexfarms
08-16-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
There's a very good chance security will question you if you're wearing it on your belt CM-style.

Where can I find out for sure?

disguy
08-16-2002, 12:15 PM
You can call guest relations..714-781-7290. However, prob asking that question over the phone may seem a little questionable.

rexfarms
08-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by disguy
You can call guest relations..714-781-7290. However, prob asking that question over the phone may seem a little questionable.

What do you mean? What can I do besdies the phone then? Should I just wait until the next time I go to Disneyland and ask City Hall or a Security CM?

disguy
08-16-2002, 01:30 PM
I would just not think about it and enjoy yourself. If they stop you then explain but don't make it obvious about it. It's not like you'll be in one of there uniforms or something.

rexfarms
08-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Alright thanks!;)

Polar33
08-16-2002, 08:24 PM
If you know the FCC ID for the radio (usually located somewhere on the back) you can search the FCC ID database (http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/). Annother way you could find the frequency is searching for your company on cityfreq.com (http://www.cityfreq.com:81/). Then just check the same site to make sure that the frequency is not listed as being registered in the city of Anaheim, if it isn't and you keep the radio itself out of plain sight you should be fine. As for contacting the resort, don't bother, their general policy for any type of "profesional" equipment is to keep it out of the resort. Hope this helps!

rexfarms
08-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Alright thanks.

rexfarms
08-16-2002, 09:53 PM
I just told my co-worker about MP. I have a feeling he will chime in here. His name is Chris, we both have Premium APs. He is a good guy, you all should get to know him.

Vegettack
08-16-2002, 10:42 PM
So basically what you are saying is "If you are gonna use the radios in the park, keep them basically hidden, and limit their use"?

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm still confused why I cant just wear it on my belt, and if a CM asks about it, cant I just explane my situation and then it will be over? I mean if I am not on their frequency then whats the harm? Sorry for dragging this out so long but I am just confused. lol:D

disguy
08-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Seriously...I doubt there is any problem what so ever that you will bring this. If you happen to be on the same freq then simply change it. This is not the secret service we're talking about here it's just theme park security. Walk in have a great time and don't worry about it. If they say anything to you then go from there but I highley doubt they will say one word about it.

justagrrl
08-17-2002, 11:28 AM
My husband and his friends have Nextel phones with radio's built in to them.

I don't know if they technology is the same or not - but they've used them at the parks all year and no one's ever said a thing. They weren't wearing it on their belt...I don't know if that makes a big difference or not.

I say just do it. If it's not okay - they'll let you know. :)

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 11:36 AM
hmmm alright thanks everybody, I wont worry about it anymore. ;)

Polar33
08-17-2002, 08:29 PM
The reason why you should be careful is two part.

First, Disneyland security has been known to care about things like this in the past. If they do see you with a radio that is not a "public" frequency radio they will hassle you. They have been known in the past to give people problems for using ham radios and even regular radio scanners for fear that you may be interfering with Disney frequencies, if you are using a radio that looks like the same type that they use there is no doubt in my mind that they would do the same. I think that a little discretion would be easier then having an altercation with Disney security.

Second, every business class radio is registered for use with the FCC. The reason for this is so that one business' radio communication will not interfere with another’s. If a company is licensed to use a certain frequency in the city of Anaheim they are the only ones that have legal right to use it. Violation of this can cause problems for the person who owns the radio, in this case your company, and yourself.

I think that for what little effort it would take to act responsibly, it would certainly outweigh the consequences.

rexfarms
08-17-2002, 08:32 PM
True but dont you think that if Disney has its own Frequencies with the FCC and my company has our own, there wouldnt be a problem with interferance?

Polar33
08-18-2002, 02:58 AM
Yes, but unless your radio is already registered for use in Anaheim, or a neighboring city the possibility for being on someone elses frequency is there. But Disney security won't care much about what frequency it is on as long as they feal that it may cause interference...regardless of if it will or not. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use the radios, but just take the few extra steps to make sure that your trip wont cause you any problems that you could have easily avoided.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 11:16 AM
What would Secruity say to me though?

Techie7
08-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Rexfarms- Security will deal with each issue as it comes up. Just as Disneyland does not allow professional photography and professional video cameras in without clearance they may say something about your radios if they feel they could interfere with the massive audio network and frequencies that the park uses. While a mixed frequency for an attraction or a wireless mic is distracting and a problem, a mixed signal over a security or emergency frequency could get you into trouble and put others at risk. If you do take them make sure to turn them off while on the attractions or shows or use an earpiece. Many people forget this and it is very distracting to be watching a show or riding an attraction and have loud radios going off. I would check the frequencies list and contact Disney if you are concerned. I think you know that it might be a problem or you would not have started the thread. If you do take them let the rest of us know how it goes.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Alright lets end it here. Should I ask Disney or should I just take them but keep my wits about me and make sure they dont interfere with Disney's Audio Network.

TecTalker2K
08-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Take it, use it and don't worrry about it.

rexfarms
08-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
Take it, use it and don't worrry about it.

Alrigh thanks.