PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney Refurb

kewlyloch
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I see that Playhouse Disney is closing for refurb. Any word on what is going to be done? Are they going to change up the show?

Darkbeer
01-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Updating the show to include the current new and most popular shows on the Disney Channel cable channel. Basically just set changes and some new characters, and time to rehearse the new show. Florida is getting the same upgrade.

kewlyloch
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! I was hoping that is what they were doing. They have needed to update the show for a while!

Niwel
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I think they should go retro and include things from "Mousercize," "You and Me Kid" and "Dumbo's Circus." ;)

gram29
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
From the Disney site:

Beginning February 2008!

Your Playhouse Disney pals come to life as never before in the new Playhouse Disney — Live on Stage! show. Sing, dance and play along with friends from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins™ and more!

Mickey's colorful clubhouse opens up with delightful Characters, marvelous bubbly, breezy, special effects and lively music that fills the air. Children become a part of the magic as Mickey and his pals invite your kids to help create the best birthday party ever for Minnie Mouse.

Youngsters join the gang in singing along with catchy tunes that make Playhouse Disney such a fun place. At the new Playhouse Disney — Live on Stage! show, kids don't just watch the show — they experience the magic of this wonderful, live adventure.

bradk
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
feb is for WDW (it's dark right now, opens at the end of the month.. 1/27? or 1/29, something like that).

DLR's is dark 02/12/08 - 03/13/08 for the transition

but it will undoubtedly be the same show at both parks.. and byebye jamie, hello casey

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
That is a great change! I am excited about this. My kids love the show, but even last time they were complaining that it was the same, so a new cast will be great!