PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone be taping Whose Line?

DJ_MENTOS
08-15-2002, 10:34 AM
I will be out of town at a convention, is there anyone that can tape Whose Line and possibly put it on the web? Uncle Dick????
If so, I anxiously await to see it.

Thank in advance all,
DJ_MENTOS

Lani
08-15-2002, 10:39 AM
I highly doubt they will allow videotaping of the show. And I am almost positive that they will not give rebroadcasting rights for anyone who wants to share the footage publically, unless they were a member of the media doing a story on it (in which case Disney may simply provide a short video clip for TV stations to use).

tabacco
08-15-2002, 11:26 AM
Well, what I heard was that this is an actual televised episode of Whose Line, so I think he may have been hoping someone would tape it off ABC for him.

DJ_MENTOS
08-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I didn't know this would be actually televised. If that is the case, then I will tape it myself. If they do allow taping of the show at the Hyperion, however, I was wondering if someone could tape it. If not, it's cool... I might be able to swing by (but I highly doubt it.)

-DJ_MENTOS

Darkbeer
08-15-2002, 12:11 PM
I seriously doubt that they will air the DCA version, they are going to perform it in the Hyperion Theater between a Noon and 2:30 BLAST! performance, the need for special lighting and the camera setup would not allow this multi use to happen.

Also the fact that only certain members of the show will be present is another sign that this version is just for the park guests, and not for broadcast.

RStar
08-15-2002, 12:15 PM
I agree with you Darkbeer. They wouldn't use the show without the whole cast. I wonder if they will have a different show for the two days? I would think since it is ad-lib, but you never know....

JeffG
08-15-2002, 02:09 PM
I believe that Wayne Brady is the only regular cast member that isn't scheduled to appear. He has a new daily talk show starting this fall, so I wonder if he is returning to "Whose Line" as a regular this year.

-Jeff

sydney
08-15-2002, 11:55 PM
also, just wanted to add that regular taped whose line episodes take about four hours w/an audience to tape. they cut that down to the half hour you see on tv. so most likely not, this will not be for abc. just for us at the park. (look at me *not* complaining one bit.)

Nigel2
08-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
I believe that Wayne Brady is the only regular cast member that isn't scheduled to appear. He has a new daily talk show starting this fall, so I wonder if he is returning to "Whose Line" as a regular this year.

-Jeff

Actually out of the "regulars" that are on most of the episodes only Ryan and Drew will be there. No Colin (unless they changed it). But the others have been on Who's line, they are the ones that change with each episode.

tabacco
08-16-2002, 08:35 AM
Good enough for me. C'mon Greg Proops!

JeffG
08-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2

Actually out of the "regulars" that are on most of the episodes only Ryan and Drew will be there. No Colin (unless they changed it). But the others have been on Who's line, they are the ones that change with each episode.

Colin Mochrie was listed among those scheduled to appear in the ad that was run in last Sunday's Los Angeles Times. My guess is that he may have been somewhat late to commit, causing his name to be missing from the press releases.

-Jeff

Nigel2
08-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Well this is the cast that they already had slated (Subject to change without notice, as we may see if Colin does show)

Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Jeff Davis, Linda Taylor, Chip Esten

I forgot, isn't linda Taylor the piano player?

tabacco
08-16-2002, 11:33 PM
I thought that was Laura Hall

Andrew
08-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Laura Hall is the piano player, Linda Taylor is the guitarist. There's also another woman whose name I cannot recall who joins them for Greatest Hits sometimes.

Morrigoon
08-16-2002, 11:45 PM
Alright kids, you've piqued my curiosity... when is this?

Nigel2
08-16-2002, 11:48 PM
Ah... that's who she is.

Man... they are really bringing out the biggest names there.:) Heck they technically only have 3 members since drew is considered the host, hopefully he will play in the whole game. I wonder what they are going to play?

Oh it's the 24th and 25th I believe.

tabacco
08-17-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Andrew
Laura Hall is the piano player, Linda Taylor is the guitarist. There's also another woman whose name I cannot recall who joins them for Greatest Hits sometimes.

Ah, that's right. Most of the episodes I watch are the BBC ones with Richard Vranch doing everything :)

Nigel2
08-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by tabacco

Ah, that's right. Most of the episodes I watch are the BBC ones with Richard Vranch doing everything :)

Well the BBC ones use her as well now I believe.

tabacco
08-18-2002, 01:54 PM
The BBC no longer produces Whose Line. In fact, it was Ryan Stiles who convinced ABC to pick it up when the BBC ditched it. Clive Anderson even hosted the ABC version for about a month before leaving.

Nigel2
08-18-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
The BBC no longer produces Whose Line. In fact, it was Ryan Stiles who convinced ABC to pick it up when the BBC ditched it. Clive Anderson even hosted the ABC version for about a month before leaving.

Ah, I was wondering about those episodes that they show on comedy central.:)