PDA

View Full Version : Labour Day Celebration?

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-15-2002, 09:52 AM
I am going in 7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Does anybody know of anything special happening Labour Day weekend?

Thanks,
John :D

Darkbeer
08-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Well, I presume you mean the American Holiday, Labor Day... (Yes, us crazy americans spell it differently, you will too, soon or later, you used to spell tire - tyre)

Here is one of the best stories about Canadian Tire (who used to be Canadian Tyre years ago)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/18358.html

Maybe we should just start calling the country Crappy (Just kidding, my mother was born and raised in Toronto):D

Anyways, the biggest thing about Labor Day weekend, the crowds, the extended hours on Sunday, and the fact that Monday, Labor Day, Disney is going to treat the day as a normal off-season day, with DCA only open 10 AM to 6 PM, and DL open 9 AM to 8 PM.

It is also the last day of the Power of BLAST! show, so expect a lot of people for that, also is the last performance of the Eureka! parade until who knows when. Also the last day for the Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, Casey Jr. Circus Train and Storybook Land Canal Boats before they close for rehab.

Nothing much special, Disney knows that the crowds will come due to the three day weekend, they are doing something special the weekend before, the ABC Primetime Preview at DCA the 24th and 25th....