PDA

View Full Version : Desert Inn and Suites

disguy
08-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find some reviews on the Desert Inn and suites right across from DLR anyone stayed there?

Matterhorn Fan
08-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Many times. It's nothing to write home about, but the lobby staff is nice, it's not filthy, and you can't beat the location.

adriennek
08-14-2002, 08:56 PM
My son's godmother stays there everytime she and her family come to town.

As MF said, the staff is very nice. The rooms are clean and good sized. They are located directly across the street from Disneyland, you can't get much closer.

I haven't stayed there myself but I know she very heartily recommends this motel.

Adrienne K

Andrew
08-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Matterhorn Fan spoke for me as well. Clean, close, not too expensive (check with your travel agent for the best rates). I don't recall a mini-fridge in the room, though, and it's nice to have cold bottled water when you head out to the park the next day.

EandCDad
08-15-2002, 06:42 AM
Stayed here once for work and the family came to go to Disneyland while I was working. Mattherhorn Fan hit the nail on the head.

What they bill as a "suite" is really just two rooms with the adjoining door open. This is fine, except you gotta be careful to make sure if you put yourself in one room and your kids in the other that your kids won't open their door to the outside and go out without your knowledge.

disguy
08-15-2002, 06:48 AM
Well, I got the One bedroom Suite with jacuzzi for 79.00 is that a good rate? If you had a choice from this hotel and the carousel which would you choose?
My biggest problem that I'm worried about at Desert Inn is that it's a Smoke free Hotel. I don't know if I can handle that or not.

ralfrick
08-15-2002, 07:03 AM
Stayed there last year, and had no problems. They have different types of suites, their ad in the AAA Tourbook has floor plans, their web site PROBABLY does as well.

Matterhorn Fan
08-15-2002, 07:26 AM
There are non-smoking rooms at the Desert Inn, cause we always stay in one. I don't know if they're all non-smoking or not. Call to make sure.

Some of the suites have a third (teensy) room with a sofabed and a TV just inside the door. Even with this set-up, you could still have the problem that EandCDad mentioned.

I stayed at the Carousel recently, and I'd rather stay at the Desert Inn, simply because of the location. The Desert Inn is closer.

disguy
08-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Thank you for everyone's info. I seriously do not know what to do. I did call and the rooms are ALL non smoking which is a very big problem for me. My biggest concern is Disneyland will be closing at 8 every night and we'll be there for 6 full nights at this hotel. So I want a room that is very large. Wonder if I should try the Portifino or something. I'm at a dead end :(

adriennek
08-15-2002, 08:14 AM
FWIW, the Portofino is MUCH further away than the Desert Inn and Suites. I don't know how important that is to your decision, but after 6 nights, the walk or wait for a shuttle might get a little old.

Adrienne K

Flynn
08-15-2002, 09:01 AM
Be careful about the name of the hotel. There is a Desert Inn, and there's a Desert Palm Inn. The price and room you quoted actually sounds like the Desert Palm Inn. I made the same mistake myself the first time I stayed there, but I've reserved at the Desert Palm ever since. The tubs there are great, and there's a back way into the parking lot, so you can ride the tram in after a fairly short walk. Granted, it's not right across the street, but it's fairly close and a nice room for the price.

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-15-2002, 09:20 AM
Ive stayed there many time and have come away with nothing to complain about. I am going there in 7 days! You might want to check out the website www.anaheimdesertinn.com

disguy
08-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Flynn
Be careful about the name of the hotel. There is a Desert Inn, and there's a Desert Palm Inn. The price and room you quoted actually sounds like the Desert Palm Inn.

No..I looked into the Palm but didn't care for location and the look of the rooms this is the Desert Inn across from Disney. I got the rate so low because One I have an entertainment card and two, I bargained with them because I was staying so many nights. Orignally it was 89.00

lisap
08-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Have you looked into the Residence Inn Anaheim? Their rooms have a living room space, an upstairs and downstairs bedroom and a kitchenette. Very nice. Plus breakfast and nice pool. The cost is higher I'm sure, but if you are going to be spending some time in the room, may a well book a nicer one.

Downside is needing to use a shuttle to get to the Park.

Sheila
08-15-2002, 11:15 AM
Wow, these are some pretty good reviews for this hotel. :)

Can I pretty please ask those who've stayed there to enter a review for the hotel in our new Review system? I'd like to be able to get the word out on such a good alternative to the onsite Disney hotels.

Thanks!

Sheila

Traci
08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Ok I may be a little biased here in my opinion, but I too have enjoyed my stay at the Desert Inn & Suites, but how can I not when my best friends cousin is the manager there.

It's good to hear that you all have had great experiences with the staff.

I enjoy that hotel, and it is nice to be able to walk across the street! :D

jslivinski
08-15-2002, 01:52 PM
The only complaint I have about the Desert Inn is cleaning staff. Actually, not the staff so much as when the room was done. We have stayed there on two occasions and both times would return to our room after lunch to find it hadn't been cleaned yet.

We know stay at the Residence Inn in Orange and love it.

livinglighthouse
08-15-2002, 03:37 PM
We will be staying at the Desert Inn the 26th through the 30th of August. We have 8 n our party and got the biggest suite they have. We went to Dland in December and stayed at Castle Inn down the street. I don't know that I would stay there again. It seems close but let me tell you....after the 3rd day of walking back to the hotel, it got old really fast! To me proximity to the park is #1 consideration......after that, I'm flexible. My MIL is a travel agent and says she has heard nothing but good things about Desert Inn, for what its worth!

disguy
08-15-2002, 03:43 PM
Great! I've made my decision I'm going to keep my reservation for that Hotel. If anyone is going before Sept 13th Please, let me know how it was. I'm very curious about the Jacuzzi tub also.

Maybe I'm in such a panic because I'm going on Friday the 13th!! :)