PDA

View Full Version : need expert help!

goosepie
08-14-2002, 02:16 PM
just a few questions for a mom taking a 2 year old for the first time
1. since she will be dozing off right about when the parades start-does anyone know where the parades begin and how to get out of the park once it passes by so we can be the first to see the parades and then 1st to exit? I'm talking electrical and whatever the disney one is called.
2. does anyone have any advise or experience on when is the slowest time of the year to go? i cant imagine my 2 year old getting the concept of having to wait an hour in line-shes too fidgety and distracted. plus crowds scare me-shes in this "i'm going to run off and you cant catch me" phase.
3. is there any benefit to telling someone its your kids birthday when you go-do you get any freebies or anything (i'd love a couple fastpasses or something)
4. is the socal annual pass the best deal for socal people-we just moved here from chicago.
thanks so much for your help-our daughter is a HUGE minnie fan-i know meeting her will blow her mind-so, oh yeah
5. any scoops on meeting the characters-how to get good face time with the before being ushered off or where to find pooh?
thanks again for your expertise!

DJ_MENTOS
08-14-2002, 02:23 PM
1. For the Parade of the Stars (Disneyland) the last parade starts from Main St. So get a nice place at Main St so you can leave right after... The Electrical Parade starts right by the Hollywood section of DCA. (Check your map to find out what im talking about.) So get a good spot by the beginning so you can leave after.

2. I like to go in Oct or Nov (not on holidays) on the weekday like Tue-Thur.

3. There are b-day benefits, but not in the form of FP's. Go to City Hall and inquire there. You can arrange a b-day party, now at the Magic Kingdom.

The Socal annual pass is very good, esp if you will only go on weekdays and sundays during the spring, fall and winter. Check out Disneylands website about the blockout days:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Tickets/index?id=6073&Grouping=TG

5.You can check with your resort map about character meeting places.

Hope this helps,
DJ_MENTOS

HBTiggerFan
08-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Fast Pass is always 110% free. While your daughter is still 2 she will get in the DL parks free. You can get a Happy Birthday sticker at City Hall and on occasion you will be given a freebie by a nice CM or have a CM direct a crowd to sing Happy Birthday.

If you live near a Disney Store and are not trying to get a current promotion you can purchase your tickets at your local Disney Store. That saves anywhere from 5-30 minutes buying tickets at the park.

goofey
08-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by goosepie
3. is there any benefit to telling someone its your kids birthday when you go-do you get any freebies or anything (i'd love a couple fastpasses or something)
Aside from what's already been mentioned, a really nice CM might call the Goofy Birthday Line for your daughter, a recording of Goofy singing Happy Birthday. It's actually pretty funny, I used to call it when I got bored just to pass time.

goosepie
08-14-2002, 04:31 PM
thanks for the tips all! you're great!

Tigertail777
08-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Though it is in the park rather late I highly recommend taking her to see "Fantasmic" it is this really awesome show held on the riverfront area by new orleans, it is just mind-blowing. You can usually get better seats if you wait for the second show around 11:30 (I think thats when it is), and this would be a great capper for the seeing the park on that day as it is one of the last things they do before the park closes. Mkae sure you bring a blanket to spread out on the ground though it does get uncomfortable sitting on concrete, and get as close to the water as you can without actually being in the first few rows you'll have a great view (and not get as wet as the first rows). You may want to head for the hotel (if you are staying at a nearby one) sometime during the day so she can get a little nap (and you too), and be awake enough to see the show. You won't regret it.. it is just magical.

DwoernAdale
08-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Tigertail77 is sooo right. We took our nearly 2 year old daughter to Fantasmic! last month, and she was enthralled! Truly something not to miss.

As far as characters, you can catch Pooh and friends at the Plaza Inn breakfast buffet. Its a bit spendy($18 I think it was per person?) but thats where we got our Pooh pics. He also has a meet and greet spot near Splash Mountain, but the line is usually quite long. For Minnie and Mickey, your best bet is ToonTown at Mickey's house and Minnie's house I believe.

julia
08-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi!

The least crowded times of the year are:
**The second week of January through the 1st week of February
**The week after Labor Day until Thanksgiving
**Week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas

Also, any early entry days (aka Surprise Mornings) are really crowded, too as are the weekends. Basically, when the majority of children are out of school are the most crowded times at Disneyland, Disney World, Disney cruises and they are often the most expensive, too. Finally, the least crowded time periods are often promoted through a series of discounts and promotional packages so those are the best times to get a discount, too.

FastPasses are always included, especially in the vacation packages. If you do the Resort Magic or Vacation Magic, the FastPass comes as a part of your total price.

Have fun!
:-) Julia

PXSgeek
08-15-2002, 02:59 PM
November is my fav time to go
the b-day sticker makes the CM's say Happy Birthday(your name)!
If going to watch Fantasmic for the first time, i suggest setting out a special date if you are and AP and reserving a spot right infront of the river no later than around 6pm(on a fridays and saturdays starting sept.)

The Bday stickers are really nice and make someones day, just a little more MAGICAL!:)