PDA

View Full Version : 2fer Tickets

BackSideOfWtr
01-02-2008, 12:52 PM
hey all.... does anyone know if DLR will be offering 2fer tickets this year? and if so, when do they start? are the prices for a single park, or hopper?

Andrew
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
hey all.... does anyone know if DLR will be offering 2fer tickets this year? and if so, when do they start? are the prices for a single park, or hopper?
Disney is offering a "2 days free" promotion for three-, four- and five-day hoppers. See the Discounts & Promotions section (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl080102xx#Discounts) of MousePlanet's weekly Disneyland Resort update for details.

TTFN92
01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
So does that mean that if you wanted to upgrade to an AP you would have the cost of a 5 day pass applied to it or the 3 day pass? :confused:

Burnt Toast
01-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Like all other ticket media, the credit that you get applied to an upgrade is WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE ORIGINAL TICKET. It's not rocket science.

... in this case, the price of a three-day pass (but you get five-days of use out of it due to the "Two Free Days" promo). Free = $0.

:|

TTFN92
01-02-2008, 09:15 PM
You don't have to be snotty. I've never had one of those tickets before and didn't know if they gave you a special ticket or a regular 5 day park hopper. If it was just a regular 5 day park hopper then you wouldn't be able to tell how much you paid for it. And it isn't totally straight forward all the time. I can't remember the exact details now, but during the summer my sister bought some kind of city pass from Costco that included different parks and I'm pretty sure that the entire price got applied to their APs even though they used it other places too.

Malcon10t
01-03-2008, 07:34 AM
You don't have to be snotty. I've never had one of those tickets before and didn't know if they gave you a special ticket or a regular 5 day park hopper. If it was just a regular 5 day park hopper then you wouldn't be able to tell how much you paid for it. And it isn't totally straight forward all the time. I can't remember the exact details now, but during the summer my sister bought some kind of city pass from Costco that included different parks and I'm pretty sure that the entire price got applied to their APs even though they used it other places too.They are able to scan the ticket and tell what the value is. If you paid for a 5 for 3 ticket, they would scan the ticket and the value would come up as the price of the 3 day ticket. As for the City Pass, no, only the Disneyland value is given towards the upgrade.

I didn't think Burnt Toast was being snotty, just explaining it clearly.

DangerMouse
01-03-2008, 08:04 AM

The two-fer deal is back!

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-03-2008/0004730006&EDATE=

TTFN92
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
I didn't think Burnt Toast was being snotty, just explaining it clearly.

Actually, the part that made me think that it was was the part in capitals, which = yelling, and the line that read, "It's not rocket science". The way you explained it was very clear. Thank you. I figured that was the way it worked, but I thought I would ask, just in case. Like I said, I've never used any of the promotion tickets and didn't know exactly how they work.

Burnt Toast
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
City Pass 3-Day PHs have a ticket value on them, which is the current price of a 3-Day ticket. The ticket value, the price of the 3-Day ticket, is what is used as credit for any upgrades.

The price of a 3-Day PH isn't much less then the price of an entire City Pass. $169 vs. $247 which is a $78 difference.

Darkbeer
01-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Just to Clarify, the SoCal CityPass Disneyland portion is the same value as an ADVANCE PURCHASE 3 Day Parkhopper, not the Main Gate price.

Darkbeer
01-07-2008, 10:58 AM
FYI, they also announced the 2 day ParkHopper for the price of one for SoCal's today.

From the Disneyland.com Ticket Listing Page

Upgrade your 2fer! For $25 more, you can upgrade your 2fer ticket to a 2-Day Park HopperŪ. Visit both parks on the same day for two days. Just for Southern California residents!

Same as last year, if someone tried to use their "second" day of a 2fer as a 1day ParkHopper, they were refused and sent to the ticket windows to upgrade to this offer.

Same rules as the 2fer as regards to dates and zip code requirements.

dznygrl73
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey if anyone out there has a friend that works for Kaiser Permanente or actually works for Kaiser Permanente have them check out their discount tix... the 2 fers tix are only $66 adults and $55 for kids

DISNEYLAND GUY
01-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey if anyone out there has a friend that works for Kaiser Permanente or actually works for Kaiser Permanente have them check out their discount tix... the 2 fers tix are only $66 adults and $55 for kids

That adult price that you quoted is the same as the Disneyland Resort ticket booths are charging currently for a 1-Day, 1-Park Ticket, which, in effect, is the same price as the 2-fer ticket promotion.

EdinLA
02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I used my first day of my 2fer ticket on Feb 15 for Disneyland. Is the last day to use it for California Adventure on March 15 or March 16. In other words, do you have until the 29th day after the first day of use, or the 30th day? I haven't seen a clear answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

Autopia Guy
02-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I used my first day of my 2fer ticket on Feb 15 for Disneyland. Is the last day to use it for California Adventure on March 15 or March 16. In other words, do you have until the 29th day after the first day of use, or the 30th day? I haven't seen a clear answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

You have 30 days from the day of use, or 29 days after the first day to use the ticket for the second park free. The wording is just a little different from the normal 13 days after first use like the normal multi day tickets are.

So, 2fer - start 30 day window on first use, normal multi-day ticket - 13 day window to use remaining days starts the day after first use.

Oh, and BTW, the offer has been extended until May 22nd to purchase and use the first day on the 2fers. Yay...

CookieBandit
03-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I bought two 2fer tickets today (plan on going next saturday, which I know will be busy).

Is there anything we need to do with the tickets (actually, the plastic card ticket thing)? Do we have to go to the ticket booth to get paper tickets or do we just go to the gates?

Last year, we had the Costco Play 4 Days tickets, which we did have to go to the ticket booth to exchange for actual 4-day tickets. I didn't read the 2fer ticket carefully yet.

The Vons closest to my house only had 1 adult 2fer ticket (plenty of kids tickets though). They called a couple of other locations for us to see if they had 2fers - one sold out and the other one had about 35. (When we got there, I counted - they had actually about 100).

Darkbeer
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I bought two 2fer tickets today (plan on going next saturday, which I know will be busy).

Is there anything we need to do with the tickets (actually, the plastic card ticket thing)? Do we have to go to the ticket booth to get paper tickets or do we just go to the gates?

The Plastic card is your ticket, and you take it directly to the Turnstiles, and use it in the Fastpass machines. I recommend that you bring your VONS receipt, just in cast there was a computer glitch and the ticket wasn't activated correctly at VONS.

Boo's Mommy
03-09-2008, 08:08 PM

Thanks in advance,
Ed

Ok, so to spare all the math, here was what happened to me and you can do the math.... Tickets first used on January 25, the "second" day I waited until February 24. I got in, but with hassle. We didn't enter the park until 11:30ish and the supervisor that finally let us in said that they "expired" at 9:30 that morning but it was the last day, so he let us in. I don't know if the 9:30 related to what time we entered on the first day or what though.

evrythngwmn
03-09-2008, 08:11 PM
The time thing seems ridiculous.

Malcon10t
03-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Thanks in advance,
EdYou should have til the 16th, but to prevent hassles, I would avoid entering after the time you entered on the 15th of Feb. (See Boo's answer.)

GrumpyUTboi
03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
HATE the 2fers! To many people which I know that is what DL wants but I dont like going when there is the 2fer going on.

dawnid
03-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Has anyone bought an e-ticket online this year and did it come with a discount towards a park purchase?

Maus
03-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Has anyone bought an e-ticket online this year and did it come with a discount towards a park purchase?

I bought three 2fer tickets online and they did not come with anything.

Do they check your ID for a zip code when you enter the turnstiles? A friend wants to buy them for his out-of-town sister but is not accompanying them to the park.

Malcon10t
03-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I bought three 2fer tickets online and they did not come with anything.

Do they check your ID for a zip code when you enter the turnstiles? A friend wants to buy them for his out-of-town sister but is not accompanying them to the park.
Several people have said they were ID'ed at the turnstiles.

CookieBandit
03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I went on Saturday and they did not ID me or my sister.

Personally, I wouldn't risk it (but that's just me). I would be mortified if I was turned away at the gate...