PDA

View Full Version : Best 2007 DLR Moment?

Pages : [1] 2 3

River Belle
01-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Happy 2008, MousePlaneteers!

I'm looking forward to another year of happy moments at the Magic Kingdom. Thinking back on 2007, we had many memorable visits, but I'd have to say the most magical of 2007 happened back in early January, right before the Christmas decorations went down...

We spent a few hours in the park one evening enjoying one last night of "Christmas." Though it was quite crowded, it was one of those "magical" evenings--we took our time strolling down Main Street, watching the fireworks, and just taking it all in. The only ride we did was the railroad--we grabbed some hot chocolates at Blue Ribbon Bakery, boarded the train and snuggled up for a round trip tour of the park.

Looking back, it was my favorite DLR memory of 2007. What was yours???:)

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
During our post-Thanksgiving trip this year we did the "Discover the Magic" tour with my daughters (ages 7, 6 & 4) and it was awesome. We practically had the CMs to ourselves (just 2 other adults on the tour) and my girls loved solving puzzles, opening treasure chests, walking on rides and having an audience with Mickey. They said it was their favorite thing they'd ever done in Disneyland and asked if we could do it every day. It truly was magical. And so was getting Dream lanyards the next day!

DisneyFamilyOf6
01-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Ours would have to be in April, we had gotten those dream fast passes. Then the next day we were waiting for the gates to open and we were selected as the family that got to go in first and do a count down to open the gates. That's something that the kids will remember forever.

Niwel
01-02-2008, 12:29 PM
When I won the YOMD..... no wait, that didn't happen (not even a pair of ears).

OK ... best moment?

1) Getting the most decadent massage I've ever had at the Mandara Spa (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm070320sl)

2) Finally beating DH at Buzz Lightyear (yes, I got stopped at a Triangle, but it totally counted).

houseofmouse
01-02-2008, 02:26 PM
We had a few:

1. Taking my DD on a mom and daughter only trip to DL in March!
2. Winning 2 pairs of Dream Ears getting off the Mailiboomer in June.
3. Riding the Nemo Subs on AP preview day! No wait!! :)
4. Being with my family, and having many special memories of time there!:)

MammaSilva
01-02-2008, 02:34 PM
2007 was an amazing year with extreme highs and extreme lows but with some moments that will be frozen in time...

Getting to be a part of my great/grand? nieces first visit to Disneyland...even if she slept thru a lot of the day!

Getting to hug a long time friend for the first time in person at Miss Minnies character breakfast

Watching my daughter stroll by the Matterhorn holding hands with a dear dear friend and smiles on the both of them....

Going on Nemo for and sharing their first ride on the attraction with some of my favorite people on the planet, getting to be with same little people for their first time at the Electrical parade!

Getting to stay on the HM and go thru the attraction 2x thanks to the kindess of the CM's

jMom
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Girlfriend Trips, definitely!

I had several with my daughter, and one very special one with a group of amazing, loyal, smert, and funny women.

BIRDGIRLS
01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Coming in eighth place in the Spring '07 Mouseadventure.

Mr.Abominable
01-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Visiting Tokyo DisneySea was definitely up there but number one has to be the fact that we were the first official riders on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage on June, 11. Meeting Imagineers Tony Baxter and Rick Rothschild as well as tons of other really cool CMs made that awesome day even more fun.

Mickeygirlforever
01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
:) I had a few as well.
We went in June with my dad (who usually doesn't go) and we had a lot of fun. Even though we waited in line for Nemo for 2 hours....we had a blast talking together. The ride was awesome too. Usually we're not happy standing in line, but we laughed a lot.
I know it's not in Cali, but I got to visit Disneyland Paris for the 2nd time. This time I was with 4 other really good friends and it was awesome being able to show them around :). We had a blast!! It rained and we rode every single ride in the park that day. Lots of Disney magic in 2007.

Andrew
01-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Emceeing MouseAdventure is always a highlight, but I think my top two are 1) enjoying an afternoon of conversation and lovely beverages with Jennifer and Mr and Mrs Abominable, and 2) the expression on Jennifer's face on December 26 when she realized what she was getting for Christmas (hint: sparkly).

DisneyJenn
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Taking my parents for the first time in almost 20 years for them.

My first stays on Disney property PP & DLH.

My first character meals (Disney's PCH Grill & Ariel's Grotto).

My first time as an AP holder.

Riding Splash over and over again (without even getting out of my log) because there was no line in early Dec.

My first time seeing Fantasmic!

My first time seeing Aladdin the Musical.

My first time in Disney Anamation (learning to draw the characters).

(You'd think I'd never been to DL, but seriously, I have been almost 50 times! Just never did any of this stuff!!!)

yohomama212
01-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Having APs and enjoying an entire year at DL! Sharing all the amazing experiences with my kids and discovering that every time is as magical as the first time with young ones.

the expression on Jennifer's face on December 26 when she realized what she was getting for Christmas (hint: sparkly).

Congrats Andrew!

Elizabeth

Crazy4DL
01-02-2008, 04:12 PM
2007 was the year I broke my record number of trips to Disneyland from Washington State in one year ~ 4 magical trips.

~ taking three of our grandsons on a trip without any parents for the first time
~ spotting the beautiful redhead, known on MP as kisroo, across the crowd at Café Orleans and later riding ToT with her, Mrkisroo and my boys!
~ sitting and watching the PoD with two little Snow Whites who were instant friends :)
~ like jMom. . . girlfriend trips with my best girlfriend forever, my daughter and my granddaughter AND my Disney Girlfriends
~ winning DreamFastPasses with those girlfriends (see my avatar)
~ laughing until our stomach’s hurt ~ having my first mojito helped ;)
~ riding the train on a complete trip around the Magic Kingdom to keep Jewely’s tradition alive
~ watching my granddaughter win a Dream (learning to flying through Fantasyland) with my, ID, junglemom :)
~ seeing the magic for the first through the eyes of my tiniest of princesses, my youngest granddaughter
~ riding Splash with my family (with dil in the front for the first time ever) and getting completely soaked! I mean, completely! in November, non-the-less! Burrrr
~ seeing the Halloween decorations for the first time and later the Christmas decorations once again (still my favorite)
~ the memories of love and magic from this year just overwhelm me - I am truly blessed

mycutekitties
01-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I would say the best moment for us in 2007 was when we went to the Princess lunch at DCA and my daughter could not believe her eyes! She was so excited and every time a princess came by she had her signature book open and ready. I cried because I was so happy to see her joy.
I can't wait to go again in a few weeks!!

Disneymademoiselle
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
1. Having one of my best friends finally see how INCREDIBLE Remember Dreams Come True fireworks are, after over a year of saying to her, "No, Lisa. You don't even understand what these fireworks are like!!!" She had tears in her eyes just like I did :geek:

2. Staying Concierge at DLH. I don't know what was better--the private elevator, the free food and drinks, or the view :)

3. No longer having a PAP photo that makes my teeth look like Barbosa's.

Mr.Abominable
01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Emceeing MouseAdventure is always a highlight, but I think my top two are 1) enjoying an afternoon of conversation and lovely beverages with Jennifer and Mr and Mrs Abominable, and 2) the expression on Jennifer's face on December 26 when she realized what she was getting for Christmas (hint: sparkly).
That is very nice Andrew, we really enjoyed that afternoon together as well and hopefully there are many more to come! PS. I hope getting the "sparkly" was more exciting for Jenn than just hanging out with us. ;)

~ laughing until our stomach’s hurt ~ having my first mojito helped ;)
If you think the first mojito helps, you should see how much help three or four mojitos are! :D

kisroo
01-02-2008, 05:56 PM
If you think the first mojito helps, you should see how much help three or four mojitos are! :D

Heeeeeyyyy~I likes how you think, Mr. Abominable!! :D

2007 brought the following magical DLR moments:

~Recreating our honeymoon and having a GRAND 5th anniversary trip in June, further cementing our love of the GCH.

~Hearing a truly beautiful woman, with an equally beautiful family, yell "kisroo!!!!" during the same trip. You, my dear Crazy4DL, may crash any anniversary trip I have in the future! Meeting you, Mr. Crazy and your adorable Crazylets was a fantabulous adventure! And, winning Mr. kisroo over takes a very special person so....'nuff said. ;)

~A Dream-filled girlfriend trip complete with Halloween decor (like Crazy4DL...it was my first time seeing DL decorated for Halloween), mmmmmmojitos, and a group of amazing women!! I created/cemented some life-long friendships all in one weekend. Highlights included riding the train full circle with two of my favorite people, walking the HMH hall 'o shame (OH NO HE DI'INT!!!!), mint-sucking at Tortilla Jo's, pirate-lusting, ToT screaming until I can't hear, and Dream collecting galore!

Yup, it was a good, good DLR year!
:cool:

~kisroo:)

HobbitFeet
01-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Our time before, during, and after watching the fireworks back at IASW in September.

The day before, someone took DS's new pirate hat out of the rental stroller (out from under other things). We got him another, different, hat, but he was rather obsessed with where his first one went. We were almost an hour early for the fireworks, and got to talk with the CMs setting the ropes up, and got to see how incredibly difficult our fellow guests can be, when confronted with ToonTown being closed, IASW being closed, and ropes being put up in their way, even though there's nowhere for them to go.

The CMs told us where to sit, or rather, decided where they would open the ropes after the fireworks, based on where we were sitting. As it got closer to the fireworks, DS mentioned his hat to the CMs.

Shortly after that, three CMs came up to us. One said how fun it was to talk with us and gave DS an Honorary Citizen button. Another said how sad it was that someone got the hat, and that she would like to replace it, on Disneyland, and gave us a replacement voucher. And the other thanked us for talking with them and being fun, and gave each of us a Tinkerbell pin.

Then we watched the lovely fireworks, and after that, once the fire marshall gave the go-ahead, they opened the rope right where we were, and did the slow-walk thing...we got in first, got in the first row of the first boat through IASW!

Lovely, lovely, time.

neverlander
01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Surprising my family with a brick in the esplanade.

Mermaid
01-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Getting 3rd place in MA and making up our rockin' song in line for Autopia and practicing it until I am sure the people near us wanted to shoot us!

Going there with my boyfriend and getting him addicted to the place I love!

Of course, going with my amazing friends and laughing for three days straight. Note- when you wear matching name tags, admit you know others with said matching tags!! Another note- 5 grown women will stop Pinnochio if they all ride in the same car!

4 dream fast passes in 3 trips!!!!

Crazy4DL
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Another note- 5 grown women will stop Pinnochio if they all ride in the same car!

It was probably those brownie sundaes we ate . . . we did eat a lot! :D:p

PanFan
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Being able to treat so many of my family and friends with free trips to DL/DCA, many of whom had not been in a very long time.

Meeting so many wonderful people whom I have the pleasure of working with at the happiest place on earth.

Getting my picture in places I never thought I could, like on the ship in Peter Pan or with Harold in the Matterhorn.

I have so many memories of making magic for guests, but one that sticks out happened when I was working KAC. This little boy and his mom had just missed the cutoff and when I came back from my safety check, the mom asked me about the horse with the gold tooth. I pointed out which one it was, but told them the tooth had been missing for a while. I then proceeded to tell them about Jingles and how he has three hidden Mickeys on him. They said they didn't know the horses had names, so I told them the names of the ones I knew, but that not all of them had names. I then pointed out one of the nameless ones and asked the boy if he wanted to give it a name. He said he would name it Kayleen after his sister. It was so sweet! They wanted to ride Jingles because he's such a special horse, but right after that they got back in line so that he could have a ride on Kayleen as well. That made me smile all day!

And of course, getting 2nd in MA!! We can fry!

yohomama212
01-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I want to take a girlfriend trip! I have no less than three close friends with APs and a couple others who have alternate means of entry... I've only been to DL with two of them, once each. That makes me cry. I am going to do everything I can to get them together for a girlfriend trip before APs expire and people move away.

Elizabeth

oregontraveler
01-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Being in the right place at the right time. I spent alot of time in the Disney
Gallery back in July. On my last night there, I scored a free ticket for
the Fantasmic balcony. A family had one extra and I just happened to be loitering around the back bedroom. Truly a 'magical moment' for me.