PDA

View Full Version : I need a suggestion!!!

iAmJacksDLand
08-14-2002, 12:28 AM
I'm heading off to DL in about.. oh, let's say 12 hours or so. I go all the time, and I'm wondering, is there anying really interesting to do?

Not that the park isn't good enough. Simply, I want to do something I have never been able to do before... and I don't mean wait in line at DCA.

Also, if anyone needs to know anything, I'd be happy to do a litte "scouting" for them, and dig up some answers.

Suggestions and questions welcomed...

Sincerly,
T. Durden

DLfreak
08-14-2002, 07:05 AM
Watch Fantasmic from the BTM far side and see the monkeys change into pirates!!! ;) :D

adriennek
08-14-2002, 07:10 AM
When you said you want to do something you've never done before, my first thought was the Aladdin's Oasis Storytelling.

Many people don't stop for the storytellings around the park. This particular storytelling is great. I was actually first introduced to it by people who don't have children but described it as a funny show. (And this was before I had kids, too.)

Last I heard, this show was scheduled to stop/not scheduled past this September, even though it fills to capacity EVERY SHOW. In fact, sometimes it fills up so quickly that they start the show EARLY. So if you have never seen it before, you might want to make a point to stop by on this trip. Plan to arrive about 15 minutes before the show time to get a seat.

The show times are- 11:00, 11:55, 12:55, 1:55, 3:45, 4:40, 5:35. I can't remember if there's a 6:30 show, too. I don't guarantee these times, so stop by the Oasis, right next door to the Jungle Cruise, to check out the schedule.

Adrienne K

roberts1398
08-14-2002, 07:56 AM
Hey Adrienne --

Does that mean it WILL run through the month of Sept? I'm hoping to do it on my trip 9/27 - 10/1 ...

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Hey iAmJacksDLand!

For something new, you might want to try a guided tour, such as "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/GuidedTours/index) which is a sort of an extra tour for people that know everything about Disneyland.

While you are down there, can you please tell me when you get back, How cold it is at night? Such as 9pm and on. I cant wait, Im going in 8 days!

Thanks,
John

socabch
08-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Simply, I want to do something I have never been able to do before

Sometimes when I go..... I don't ride any rides. I find relaxing things to do like shows, go sit on Tom Sawyer Island for an hour or so. Go to Innovations (sp) when exiting from the upper level just hang around on the balcony and watch the people. Hope this helps.

Mickeyslittlehelper,
The nites around DLR are anywhere between 65- 72 depending how hot the day was. In DLR it self is warmer than outside of the park. I always bring a lite sweatshirt and put it in a locker just in case. But I get cold easy.

adriennek
08-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by roberts1398
Hey Adrienne --

Does that mean it WILL run through the month of Sept? I'm hoping to do it on my trip 9/27 - 10/1 ...

I think it's supposed to be gone after the summer season, so I'm guessing that late September will be too late.

I'm really hoping that they decide to "save" the show. Like I said, it's always filled to capacity, it's a pretty inexpensive show to run- 4 actors, a technician and a stage manager from what I've seen. A few props. They have audience interaction. It's a great photo opportunity to meet Aladdin & Jasmine. I could go on and on.

If you like the show, be sure to mention it at City Hall. Who knows if they'll listen but if no one mentions it, then I can guarantee that nothing will get heard.

Adrienne K

Frees
08-14-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by iAmJacksDLand
Not that the park isn't good enough. Simply, I want to do something I have never been able to do before...

Suggestions and questions welcomed...
Swipe. Poison. Apple.

roberts1398
08-14-2002, 09:37 AM
Bummer, Adrienne! So what is the "Disneyland Storytelling Experience" that comes in my package going to be then? That sounded really cool! :(