PDA

View Full Version : Today (New Years Eve) from Disneyland

Sleeping Beauty's mom
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
No, I'm not there, but dd and her friends are. She called me about an hour ago and said it is already crowded (big surprise right?) and they had to wait in line to get in. They couldn't get into the Mickey and Friends structure and had to park in the lot next to it. She didn't know why they couldn't get in the structure.They were in line for Star Wars with a 25 minutes wait.
Its really quite windy here now, we're about 35 minutes east and I'm going to be curious about how long she lasts. She doesn't like to be cold and her bf will like to stay until they turn the lights out:fez:,
I know they will have a great time, they went with a friend who has never been
before. Happy New Years to all :D

Aussie MouseFan
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
1 Day tickets are already sold out, and the line to get in mid morning was a good way back towards DCA.

Going back now for another dose of crowded madness.

kylephoto760
12-31-2007, 01:59 PM
I was on the phone with Disney Dining around 12:45 and they said you wouldn't get in to DL today unless you were a PAP or already had a ticket.

I'm hoping that's still the case or I'm going to have to settle for DCA tonight since I probably won't be leaving San Diego for another hour and a half.

Andrew
12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
I just got a text message from someone in the park who reports:

Believe announced as cancelled tonight, no mention of midnight fireworks.

magicpointeshoe
12-31-2007, 07:11 PM
I wonder how many people camped out wedged in like sardines for a good spot for fireworks. I remember years back when I watched nye coverage on ABC they showed a live shot of everyone standing around the castle and I got clausterphobic just from watching it from the safety of my living room, lol.

stan4d_steph
12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Hopefully they can still do the castle pyro.

Aussie MouseFan
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I have just got back from the park, (calling it a day :( ) and if the wind stays the same there is no chance of any fireworks at all.

It is pretty much gale force winds in open areas... it doesnt seem that bad on Main Street due to the wind protection of the buildings, but get in the open, and hang on.... pity, considering how nice a day it has been.

Andrew
12-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Happy New Year to all MousePlaneteers at Disneyland :D

olegc
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Happy New Year to All. May this Million-Plus Dream year be magical always!

Mr.Abominable
12-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Low level pyro was launched from DCA and Disneyland. Moreso from DCA. Disneyland's show was about 5 seconds long.

Fantasy in the Sky was not performed.

I still would rather be there than anywhere else. Happy New Year!

Mr.Abominable
12-31-2007, 11:35 PM
On New Years Eve?! Not me. I'll check out the park on a Tuesday in February ;)

I really enjoy it on a Tuesday in February as well but I am just happy to be there anytime, crowded or not.

Malcon10t
01-01-2008, 12:15 AM
We just got back. No Fantasmic! either. Park never shut down. New entries were allowed all day. While it was very busy, it was nothing compared to last year. Wind was BAD! all day.

CV12Pirate
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
With all the moving, why hasn't this been moved to "trip reports"?

cstephens
01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
We were at the park last night off and on through the evening. We first arrived on property around 3pm and went into DL just to come back out and get a handstamp - it was Belle. We went back into the park via monorail around 6pm. It was very crowded in the park. They were already running the warning announcements about the fireworks possibly being cancelled because of the wind, which were pretty fierce already. We passed by the Veranda (next to POTC where they sell the chowder in a bowl) around 7:15, and the line stretched to slightly past half-way on the bridge over the POTC queue. I've never seen that line so long before.

Before we left the park for an 8pm dinner reservation in DTD, they announced that Believe was cancelled. I was surprised they were announcing it so early, but at least people were told.

We got back into the park around 10:45 (they checked for our handstamps even though we had APs - not sure if they were letting people in without handstamps - there was a woman at another line who had a ticket but no handstamp, and the CM was calling a lead), and that's when we found out that neither of the Fantasmics had run that night. The midnight showing of Fantasmic was announced as cancelled around 11:30, and they never announced (that I heard) that the midnight fireworks were cancelled - they just didn't do them. We were to the Fantasyland side of the castle at midnight, and it sounded like they shot off a couple low-level shells just for the sound effect. I didn't see anything but it might have been low enough that the castle blocked my view.

It was really, really windy most of the night.

Aussie MouseFan
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
it sounded like they shot off a couple low-level shells just for the sound effect

I was out the back of the Holiday Inn on Walnut and it sounded like they let everything off at midnight based on the noise, however nothing could be seen (not that much can be seen from here anyway, even on the 4th floor).

btw, Happy New Year to you all.