PDA

View Full Version : Shortest Time span spent at DCA/Disneyland (A.P holders)

Pages : [1] 2

snappy
08-13-2002, 09:38 PM
When to Disneyland on 8/11/02 and spent a whopping 1 hour at DCA and 1 hour at Disneyland. Rode Grizzly Rapids (Single rider) and Pirates. Ended up gonig home. Too hot, crowded, and tired.

* What is your shortest time spent at either parks?
* What did you do?
* Did you get something to eat?
*Etc?

Andrew
08-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by snappy
* What is your shortest time spent at either parks?
* What did you do?
* Did you get something to eat?
*Etc?

When I was a motorcycle courier for a law firm in Century City I often had deliveries to the Santa Ana courthouse. When the timing worked out, I'd often stop at Disneyland for a snack or lunch on the way back up to the office after making my drop. Total time in the park: maybe 20-30 minutes. This of course was when motorcycle parking for Disneyland was right outside the Kennel Club (about where the new Costuming building is now).

Julie
08-13-2002, 10:21 PM
About 40 minutes, a week or two ago after coming home from a concert in San Juan Capistrano. It was 11:20 and the park closed at midnight. All my friends and I did for that time was run around from ride to ride, trying to find one without a line! PotC was the eventual winner.

Disney Nick
08-13-2002, 10:28 PM
Well I'm not sure if it counts but on Sunday I spent a whopping 2 1/2 minutes in Disneyland before Isaac called me and told me they were in DCA.... I promptly left Disneyland and never returned that day... Not sure if it's what you meant, but there you go :)

cemeinke
08-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Sometimes I will walk through DCA on my way to Disneyland from the Grand Californian - must take less than 5 minutes.

On another occasion, I stopped at DCA to pick up a corn dog before going to see a movie. I think that visit took about 15 minutes.

Polar33
08-14-2002, 01:37 AM
A few weeks ago I ran into DCA before work for a strawberry precup lemonade, that took about 5 min (even used 15 min. parking to do it). I'm planning on stopping by on my day off this week for annother 5 min. trip to pick up annother souvinier popcorn bucket for my collection. Back when I had an AP I made quite a few short trips before to pick up carnation milkshakes during the summer.

hawaiimouse
08-14-2002, 03:30 AM
The shortest time at DL was 20 minutes....had half an hour before DCA opened, so went to DL to the candy store and picked up some Rocky Road candy for the folks at home and ran back out to package pickup and then went to DCA as the gates opened. Since it was my first day after getting my AP, I was totally jazzed :D...

justagrrl
08-14-2002, 05:35 AM
About 20 minutes. We came. It was way to crowded. We left. (poor kids)

Gemini Cricket
08-14-2002, 06:09 AM
1 hour.

During my last trip to DL, I stopped in at DL before my road trip home. I bought some things while DL was deserted (@ 8am). I also followed a caravan of running guests to see where they were going. (Marie Osmond's doll signing thingy.) :rolleyes:
I also wanted to use my pass officially to justify its price. :D 5 uses so far. :) 2 on Thrs 8/1, 2 on Fri 8/2 and 1 Sat 8/3. ;) $225.00 worth of use.

DLfreak
08-14-2002, 07:03 AM
A few weeks ago I went for 1 hour to do some shopping. :)

And, technically, only about half of that time was actually IN Disneyland. The first half hour was spent in WOD. :D

hbquikcomjamesl
08-14-2002, 07:31 AM
Well, back in the Fall of 1996, I would occasionally go in just long enough to see The Parade, but generally, the shortest trips would have to be when I was just going in to grab a quick gift for somebody: a "Winnie-the-Pooh" embroidered sweatshirt, or in one case, a souvenir pressed penny as a parting gift for an employer who tended to pinch pennies long beyond the point where Lincoln cried "Uncle." But the absolute shortest had to be when I was picking up some admission tickets as a Christmas present, and went in to City Hall because I was in the 20-minute lot, and the ticket booth lines were so long I would have ended up with another sort of ticket if I'd gotten it there. (This was before I found out you could get tickets at The Disney Store!)

MouseWife
08-14-2002, 07:54 AM
Okay, I don't have an AP and I live in San Diego so my story is old.

The shortest time spent in Disneyland was waaay back when you could just purchase an admissions ticket, without a ticket book.

My niece and I went for dinner at the outdoor place in New Orleans Square. Decided to buy a couple of tickets to ride the Matterhorn. Might have been a show that night, can't remember that well. {cobwebs in the mind}

Anywho, that visit was about 2 1/2 hours. Total.

We do that now, where we go in for a few hours, leave, but we come back.

Traci
08-14-2002, 08:53 AM
I believe DLFreak is talking about the same time that I'm talking about. I have gone to DL to return something and then leave.

Maybe 20 minutes total spent there.

Disney Nick
08-14-2002, 09:35 AM
HAHA I'm still winning :). I would like to thank Isaac and the other MPers for being a bunch of pansies and running to the air conditioned Animation Building, so as to make my time in Disneyland so short. Thank you all.. I couldn't be where I am today without you!

corrinhorn
08-14-2002, 10:54 AM
I got you all beat...

I was in for about 30-45 seconds...

I am addicted to the scent of the hand stamps for returning to the park, and I will get a hand stamp even if I am not returning.

I took a couple of friends to the castmember opening of the ESPNZone (free games) we walked around DTD for a bit and while we were near the park, I decided to get my hand stamped...and leave.

I know this sounds stupid, but I do this kind of stuff.

STOP making FUN of ME!!!:mad: :D

innerSpaceman
08-14-2002, 11:01 AM
I was once in Disneyland for about 10 minutes. I just went to buy something on Main Street.

I just recently heard of something non-APers can get called a shopping pass, which lets you into the Park for free for one hour. Has anyone else heard of this?

Bill Catherall
08-14-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I just recently heard of something non-APers can get called a shopping pass, which lets you into the Park for free for one hour. Has anyone else heard of this?
How do they make sure you leave? :confused:

Traci
08-14-2002, 11:43 AM
I believe this only occurs during Christmas. I think I heard something where they leave Main Street open one hour past the park closing time and let people in to shop. Everything else is closed down, so people would know that they can't go play on a ride or anything like that.

EandCDad
08-14-2002, 12:07 PM
I came once after work, met the family, had dinner with Not Afraid and cemeinke and took the youngest home, total time in the park was about 2 hours or so.

awinner
08-14-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by corrinhorn
I got you all beat...

I was in for about 30-45 seconds...

wrong my friend...15-30 seconds...drove into the mickey and friends parking lot, got a stomach ache...was not going to make it to the main entrance...turned around and ran into the sheraton just in time:o

DisneyGurly
08-14-2002, 10:54 PM
i don't know how long my visit was but it was pretty short. about seven years ago approximately(i don't know i can't really remember...i was only in second grade) well...they had these cards...i guess they are trading cards...well we used to collect them and sometimes my parents would drop my brothers and me off and we would run to where they were giving them out at and then get back in the car. i'm sure the trip couldn't have lasted more than 10-15 minutes. well that's my shortest trip i think.

DLfreak
08-15-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Traci
I believe DLFreak is talking about the same time that I'm talking about. I have gone to DL to return something and then leave.

Maybe 20 minutes total spent there.

That would be the time, Traci. :)

Originally posted by innerSpaceman

I don't think they do this anymore. We asked a CM about it a few months ago and she said they stopped it. I think they did it the same way they used to do it at Sea World. You could leave a credit card imprint...and then you were allowed an hour to shop and you had to check out when you left. If you stayed longer than the hour you were charged admission.

hbquikcomjamesl
08-15-2002, 07:44 AM
I don't recall ever seeing any sort of shopping pass at DL (then again, being a passholder for my entire adult life, I haven't taken a lot of notice of such things), but I definitely recall Knott's offering such a pass during weeknights in the off-season, after all the rides, game arcades, and museums had closed for the evening.

Also, I understand that if one calls in advance, one can get on a list to attend Sunday services at Knott's "Church of the Reflection" (from what I've heard, it's waaaaaaaaaay too Fundamentalist for my taste, and based on viewing a wedding video shot there, the "organ" is an excruciatingly bad "toaster," to boot!), and if one is an invited guest, one can attend a wedding there, both without paying admission, but with a time limit after which SOMEBODY gets billed.

Of course, I haven't been to Knotts in at least a decade. I wasn't really thrilled with the way they discontinued general admission several years before going to all-unlimited-use, effectively forcing people to pay at least the price of a ticket book even if they planned to do nothing but see the ice show, ride the train, and shop.

Thomas
08-15-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

How do they make sure you leave? :confused:

Bill, when I used to work for USH, they had a shopping pass also (unsure if they still do). The way it worked was, you paid a full admission for the shopping pass. If you returned within an hour, give or take a few minutes, the money was refunded to you. If you didn't return, you just bought yourself an admission to the park.

For free admission for the whole day, this is what you did. You bought the shopping pass, exited the park and got your hand stamped, returned to the park (USH and DLR say you need a ticket, but eventually they will let you in if your hand is stamped), and then returned your shopping pass.

Wizard69
08-16-2002, 09:16 AM
I love the smell of the handstamps too!!! Even though AP's don't need handstamps anymore, I STILL get them because I love the smell :)

BTW, shortest time in the park was 5 minutes. Went to Greetings, was the 3rd in line, bought pins and left. :)