PDA

View Full Version : News about Walt's apartment in New Orleans Square [Disney Dream Suite]

Rkkm
12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
News about spending the night inside Disneyland in the Disneyland Dream Suite in New Orleans Square as a Year of A Million Dreams' prize. (From the Winter/Spring 2008 Costco Travel brochure, p. 28.)

It says:
"Disneyland's Dream Suite Stay will be awarded most days starting January 31, 2008. It will be awarded early in the day, will be for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks, common areas of the Disneyland Resort Hotels and the Downtown Disney District in California."

shawnarae
12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
How cool would that be........so you don't have to be in the parks, it can be awarded to you if you are in the Downtown Disney area also?

stan4d_steph
01-01-2008, 09:26 AM
How cool would that be........so you don't have to be in the parks, it can be awarded to you if you are in the Downtown Disney area also?Sounds like it! DTD might get pretty crowded now.

olegc
01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
How cool would that be........so you don't have to be in the parks, it can be awarded to you if you are in the Downtown Disney area also?

it was that way in 2007 with the Mickey Suite at the hotel. My guess is it's probably tied to the original rules that anyone anywhere in the 'resort" is eligable..

ladodgerjon
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
They've started running a YOAMD ad on TV (right after New Year's day), that says you can stay in a room/suite that was originally designed for Walt Disney. It's a quick shot, but it SORTA looks like the entry foyer.

That said, a CM told me that they are, "working around the clock, and way behind schedule."

Working in production, that made me doubt that what I saw on TV was the actual space-- hard to imagine that the work crews would stop construction to allow a film crew in such a tight space (let alone allow an art department to come in and fully stock a chunk of the room(s) with couches, wallpaper, lighting, props, window treatments, etc., etc.

Still, I bet what we saw was very representative of the finished product, and it looks GREAT.

Bytebear
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
They've started running a YOAMD ad on TV (right after New Year's day), that says you can stay in a room/suite that was originally designed for Walt Disney. It's a quick shot, but it SORTA looks like the entry foyer.

That said, a CM told me that they are, "working around the clock, and way behind schedule."

Working in production, that made me doubt that what I saw on TV was the actual space-- hard to imagine that the work crews would stop construction to allow a film crew in such a tight space (let alone allow an art department to come in and fully stock a chunk of the room(s) with couches, wallpaper, lighting, props, window treatments, etc., etc.

Still, I bet what we saw was very representative of the finished product, and it looks GREAT.

That same commercial ran months ago, maybe even longer. I think they pulled it when they started missing deadlines.

disneyhound
01-05-2008, 05:57 AM

I was wondering that as well when dd and I first saw the ad. But, as you point out, the space looked great; we both wanted that dream when we saw it!

yohomama212
01-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I saw the commercial and my guess is that it was just a set for filming the commercial. There's nothing shown to lead you to believe that's the actual apartment and it really wouldn't make sense to actually tape the commercial in such a small space like that, even if it was done.

Elizabeth

RStar
01-06-2008, 04:15 PM
The original commercial a few months back had shots of "a winning family" on the balcony, long before they even started work on it. Otherwise it could have been a room with painted sets...