PDA

View Full Version : Was Disneyland Open On Christmas?

The Evil Queen
12-27-2007, 02:38 PM
If so, did anyone go? How 'bout Christmas Eve?

If you did, was it really crowded? Wish I was there...:crying:

Do tell...

Andrew
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, we were there.

PartridgeFam 2004
12-27-2007, 10:40 PM
The crowds on Christmas Eve were not to bad unless you wanted to ride Finding Nemo which was back to a 2 hour wait. The fireworks were great as usual. At the end 9;00 p.m. as you were leaving all the Disney Characters were standing at the train Station waving as we left the park. Then they went out front by the Mickey in Flowers in front of the train station and stood for a good twenty minutes as everyone was taking pictures. I have NEVER seen so many Characters in my life. Even the ones from DCA were there. It was special. I have been to Disneyland like 20 times this year and have never seen this done before. Is it new or just because it was Christmas Eve?:)

Baloo
12-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Disneyland and DCA open all year long.

as far as i heard Christmas Eve crowds were not that bad but Christmas Day and everyday after including today Thursday Disneyland has had to close its gate due to capacity and DCA has been exteremely crowded.

Fireworks have had to be cancelled several days during the holidays due to winds. Someone here mentioned they saw them on Christmas Eve so the winds must have been low but they were cancelled Christmas day from what i heard

disneyhound
12-28-2007, 06:05 AM
...as you were leaving all the Disney Characters were standing at the train Station waving as we left the park. Then they went out front by the Mickey in Flowers in front of the train station and stood for a good twenty minutes as everyone was taking pictures. I have NEVER seen so many Characters in my life.

Post us a picture, that would be fun to see!

Malcon10t
12-28-2007, 08:37 AM
We've been here since the 23rd. Fireworks went off last night, but not on Christmas or the 26th. It has been crowded. Christmas was shoulder to shoulder.

The Evil Queen
12-28-2007, 09:28 AM
We've been here since the 23rd. Fireworks went off last night, but not on Christmas or the 26th. It has been crowded. Christmas was shoulder to shoulder.

YIKES! Shoulder to shoulder. Well that solves it. I guess I do Disneyland the 1st week of December vs. actually on Christmas.

Thanks for the input! I just KNEW you guys would come thru! :cool:

JadaB
12-28-2007, 12:00 PM
We thought Christmas Eve crowds were similar to the peak summertime crowds, and Christmas was crazy with crowds (esp. people trying to find somewhere to eat!), but a lot of fun.

Life Partridge Fam, we also were able to experience all of the characters that came out onto Main Street, it was awesome, and we felt like little kids again, we didn't know who to take pictures of there were so many.

I read on another board that someone had gone to City Hall to compliment the character event and the CM's at City Hall told them it was a once a year thing on Christmas Eve. I don't like to put in my 2 cents when I am not sure of something, but I thought I would pass a long what I had heard.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday!

Bytebear
12-28-2007, 03:34 PM
At the end 9;00 p.m. as you were leaving all the Disney Characters were standing at the train Station waving as we left the park. Then they went out front by the Mickey in Flowers in front of the train station and stood for a good twenty minutes as everyone was taking pictures. I have NEVER seen so many Characters in my life. Even the ones from DCA were there. It was special. I have been to Disneyland like 20 times this year and have never seen this done before. Is it new or just because it was Christmas Eve?:)

It sounds like they were set up a photo shoot for a post card or promotion. Sounds like you were lucky to see it.

Malcon10t
12-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Fireworks went off tonight, but the first showing of Fantasmic! canceled.

CV12Pirate
12-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Trip reports?

cstephens
12-29-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't know how busy it was on Christmas, but it's the 28th and there are signs on Harbor Blvd. saying that Disneyland is sold out of 1-day tickets.

But CA ADVENTURE tickets are still available ;)

There were apparently signs that said that during the middle of the afternoon when my husband got there, but by the time I got there about 7:30pm, the signs were gone.

HTanner
12-29-2007, 11:02 PM
We were there from the 24-27, but decided to skip on Christmas. We all came down with colds and decided we did not want to fight both the colds and Christmas crowds. We did go to Downtown Disney and have lunch, though. That was not bad. We got into Ralph Brennans in five minutes. No reservations.
Too bad I was not impressed (the Turduken was absolutely flavorless....).

Christmas Eve, we spent a good 1/2 day in Disneyland. It was a little crowded, but we had a blast. We have a 2 1/2 year old girl and a 4 year old boy - - we enjoyed just walking around and really soaking up the atmosphere. We just did things we encountered that had little wait - like Pirates, the tree house, and the carousel. We also saw Santa. My kids had a great conversation with Santa - they were scared to see him and Santa just started asking them questions about their trip - it was really cute. My kids asked Santa what his favorite cookies were so they could leave him some and wouldn't you know he likes the same kind they do??? LOL!!

We also did Goofy's Kitchen on Christmas Eve. I enjoy their food. I had two gripes about the meal - they stuck us in a walkway, so only one of the characters stopped for pictures. Every single other character walked by with just a wave - I was pretty bummed, but the kids were thrilled. Second complaint is that I thought the picture came with the meal (like at CRT in WDW), or I would not have waited around to take one! LOL!!!

Day after Christmas, we did CalAdventure. Pretty crowded, but with some planning, we did plenty. Also saw Dennis Quaid in the park. He is very handsome in person!

27th, we did DL all day (except for nap time). We did a VIP tour and LOVED it. It was really crowded, but the things we were able to do made the day just magical.

I'll do a trip report soon, but wanted to post in response.

Let's see - would I do this time of year again? Maybe. We encountered so many happy people and it was lovely. It was also very crowded, but there was almost a festive feel to the crowd - like we were all celebrating the holidays together. I didn't see a lot of the crankiness like you do in the hot summer months. But, I also wish we could have done more, but been more leisurely about it. Waiting for IASW because, well, you have to with a 2 yo (or, heck, Nemo, because its the ONLY thing my 4 yo requested to do every single day) for 2 hours in the 40 degree weather at night because it was the shortest line.... well, I'd rather not. Although, must say, it was pleasant... I just wish for the 5 minute lines where you can take a break and, say, shop for awhile...