PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Report: Thursday, December 27, 2007

adriennek
12-27-2007, 10:54 AM
According to the magic MousePlanet phone line, there are signs on the streets around Disneyland that read: "Disneyland Park Tickets Sold Out, California Adventure Available."

Traffic getting into the parking structure is described as "Horrid."

Adrienne

Gone2Disneyland
12-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Hmmm, thanks. Makes my notion to visit the park tomorrow less likely.

Andrew
12-27-2007, 11:50 AM
According to the magic MousePlanet phone line
Ahh, that's the phone call I missed when I was in the shower...

potzbie
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
According to the magic MousePlanet phone line, there are signs on the streets around Disneyland that read: "Disneyland Park Tickets Sold Out, California Adventure Available."

Well, I was there the day before.
Wednesday (in daylight hours) was the day the USC TROJAN FOOTBALL TEAM was scheduled to arrive for their pre-Rose Bowl visit/photo-op.

Did the ILLINOIS football team show up on Thursday?
I don't know.
That factor might have been the biggest reason for the crowds. -- Rose Bowl visitors maximizing their Southern California experience.
That's always a factor, between December 25th and January 1st.

Why else would a Thursday be crowded?

Andrew
12-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Both teams were there at the same time on Wednesday. The presentation was scheduled for 1:00 PM but postponed until after 2:00.

dawnid
12-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Its a gorgeous day and a lot of locals have the week off. Maybe they woke up and said, "let's go to Disneyland!"

Aims
12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
My son and his girlfriend tried going to Disneyland today, and he called me at about 11 am saying he was coming back home because there were signs saying Disneyland was sold out. He had been stuck in the gridlock outside the park for about half an hour when he called me to say they were coming home.

Tinker Bell
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Just got back from the Land. We parked at DTD with no problem. No line at the gate to get in. It was Parade time so lots of people on main street. Had to get something in NO. Pirates had a switch back all the way to HM. I think Indy was down I think. It said there was a wait of 20min. I got what I need then got out of there.

olegc
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
we did not go in the park but hit DTD and Whitewater Snacks around 3pm. Quite crowded in DTD and good traffic flow in DCA around GRR - but I don't think it was as crowded as XMasday or NYE can be. Around 4:30 large groups of people were heading back to the hotels so I guess tonight it will get crowded again.

Unless you just want to hang out, and wait in long lines for even food and beverage, I'd plan for next week (if you're a local). The fact that they sold out was interesting since it did not seem like massive hoards were present.

RStar
12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I was there at about 5:15, and Main Street was packed- getting ready for the parade. There was a cute little pre-parade/advertisement for Enchanted. It was a banner held by two CMs, a horse-drawn carridge with the Princess from Enchanted, and a Horse dropping cleaning guy following behind (can't have horse droppings tripping up any snowflake skaters, now can we?). All while "Ever After" played on the sound system.

We did wondered in the Main Street Stores a while, but left because it was just too crowded.

Malcon10t
12-27-2007, 08:18 PM
We've been here since the 23rd. It is busy, wall to wall people, but a happy crowd. POTC lines are unbelievable. Space Mountain, Matterhorn, BTMRR, and Indy have been going down several times a day the whole week. Billy Hill has had extremely large crowds. But the show was great.

HTanner
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Wow, I guess Tink showered me with pixie dust, because none of this affected me on our trip! LOL!! I never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride (except IASW and Nemo - and I KNEW they were going to be bad). I just didn't encounter lines on rides we went on... odd. Even Matterhorn when we went... We just looked at the tip board and went wherever it seemed no one else was. Maybe that was it... LOL!!

Parking was never a problem for us, either. We just went up Harbor, turned on Ball, and followed the signs. Longest wait was 10 minutes at 7:50 a.m. on 12/27 to get into the parking structure. Parked front row at Daisy (2nd floor?)

I did see the signs about Disneyland tickets being sold out, but we never encountered a problem getting in or out of Disneyland the whole time. On 12/26, when we entered CalAdventure, they gave us a hand stamp so we could go to both parks without a problem. Other than that, though, we had no problems with it.

We also ate at the popular meal times - frankly because that is when the kids got hungry. I guess we chose less popular places, though, because we had no trouble finding a seat or waiting too long to place an order.

I had a magical trip to start off with but reading how many others had problems with loooong waits for things and gearing my experience, it just makes my trip feel even more special.

pisces
12-30-2007, 08:56 AM
I don't know about the 27th, it may have been bad----that's usually a crowded day, but I wasn't there.

The 28th was not bad at all. Crowded yes, but not unmanageable. I think they are simply stopping selling tickets BEFORE it gets crazy.

The 29th was a little bit more crowded but still not crazy like during 2005, or even last year.

I think the price increases and the actor's strike is having an effect, and I'm seeing less crowds. It's still pretty busy, and you definitely feel it, but it's nowhere near what it was on the 50th during this time.

Maybe today the 30th will be crazy-busy.

A Cast Member said for tomorrow 31st, check-in at the Main Gate at least by 1:00 pm, and no later.

I won't be sticking it out like last two years. I'm staying in my hotel room this NYE. I had my fill of those beach balls to last me. Much quieter this year, for me.

Malcon10t
12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
the actor's strike is having an effect,What actor's strike???

Its been busy, but not horrible.

CV12Pirate
12-30-2007, 09:37 AM
What actor's strike???

What she said.

Malcon10t
12-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, I know the writers are on strike. And I know actors have walked the picket line (but they aren't up for strikes for quite a while,) but considering all are on vacation from the picket lines, I dunno why that would affect Disneyland attendance.

cstephens
12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I have no idea why a strike by the writers, actors, producers or anyone would have an effect on the resort right now. It's Christmas/New Year's time - the television schedule isn't all that affected since most regular shows wouldn't be on much anyway. And even if it was, I doubt that people would say, "Oh, 'Heroes' isn't on TV, let's go to Disneyland!" :rolleyes:

pisces
12-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I think people aren't spending money the way they used to. It feels that way this year. I'm not feeling the crazed spending frenzy around this time of year like usual.

The Actor's Strike has hit So. CA in a major way, and it cuts into discretionary spending.

olegc
12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I have no idea why a strike by the writers, actors, producers or anyone would have an effect on the resort right now. It's Christmas/New Year's time - the television schedule isn't all that affected since most regular shows wouldn't be on much anyway. And even if it was, I doubt that people would say, "Oh, 'Heroes' isn't on TV, let's go to Disneyland!" :rolleyes:

no - it's all of the ABC writers/producers/techs and their families who have nothing to do! :p

cstephens
12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
The Actor's Strike has hit So. CA in a major way, and it cuts into discretionary spending.

Oh, I guess that's why I haven't seen Eva Longaria Parker at Disneyland lately.

Someone's not paying attention...

CharmingsWoman
12-30-2007, 09:01 PM
My hubby and I were there the 22nd through the 27th. The 27th was definately the busiest day there, even over Christmas day. We took the monorail around, and saw the lines for bag check at 11am (not on the tram side) half way back to the street!! Then we left the resort at noon, and the signs said that DL tix were sold out, but you could get tix for DCA.

And, the fireworks only went off on the 24th.

Toocherie
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
What will New Year's Day be like?

CV12Pirate
01-01-2008, 07:45 AM
With all the moving, why hasn't this been copied and moved to "trip reports and trip planning"?

2002 TC eL
01-01-2008, 07:26 PM

Adrienne

After reading this excellent information and all the replies, I am convinced that our policy of driving into the parking lot of the Park Place Inn, Tropicana Inn, or Camelot Inn and Suites on Saturday after 9:00 AM has served us VERY well. We check in, get our parking pass from the motel desk, go to Disneyland or California Adventure and return to motel about 4:00 PM, take our luggage into our room, rest, and return to the parks.

We drive to church Sunday Morning, return to motel and have a nice relaxing afternoon in the parks. Our minivan does not move until we check out Thursday about 11 PM or Friday about 10 AM and never have the hassle of heavy traffic. We do NOT attend Disneyland Resort on any major holiday. ;)