PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fireworks cancellations due to High Winds the next week or so, including NYE

Darkbeer
12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Due to current Santa Ana winds, Disneyland has been forced to cancel Fireworks shows, and while the decision is not made until just before the show, plus they do test the winds multiple times before cancellation.

There are high Santa Ana winds forecasted for New Years Eve, so go and have a great time (be prepared for the large crowds), but also be prepared that there might not be any fireworks that night.

Just a heads up.

newhdplayer
12-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Who do I sue?

Darkbeer
12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
^Nobody, Safety comes first, and nobody wants to see a fire started due to the Fireworks show.

If they Disney does offer the show in unsafe conditions, and property is destroyed, and/or people are hurt/injured, then you can figure out who people will sue!

Andrew
12-27-2007, 11:47 AM
The fireworks were canceled on Tuesday night (Christmas).

potzbie
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I was there Wednesday night.
The fireworks were canceled.

However, the light show on Sleeping Beauty Castle went on at 9:25 pm instead.
And I had one of the best "seats" (I stood at the edge of the Carnation Plaza Gardens entrance) in the house.
And I was impressed which what lights can do. (Simulate icicles; simulate falling snow; etc.).

So don't leave Main Street just because the fireworks are canceled!

And, speaking of night-time entertainment:
I confirmed at City Hall that the MAIN STREET CAROLERS perform in the evening time, not in the day time. Their last show Wednesday night was 10:00 pm, (a full half-hour performance, per my watch, right outside of City Hall) so that is yet another reason to hang around Main Street, even if the fireworks are canceled.

And to plug the piano player, "Michael" was at REFRESHMENT CORNER. Another "night time" performer Wednesday night! So Main Street has a lot to offer after dark.

pisces
12-30-2007, 03:40 PM
I just spoke with a cast member, and there are high wind advisories till Tuesday. I was told, even if the fireworks don't go off as planned, they'll still do a formal countdown, with the Characters coming out on the ledge. I won't be anywhere near there this year, so it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

But there will be some sort of celebration, whether it's a musical countdown, or castle lights only.....without fireworks.

Can you imagine getting your spot at 4:30 pm....and then waiting all that time...only for a cancellation.

I'm sure there'll be some sort of substitute show, with or without fireworks.

uncle scrooge
12-30-2007, 05:18 PM
hello all,
i hope all your holidays have been good so far. the weather currently forcasted for Anaheim, ca on new years eve is a high of 70 and a low of 45. there is also a wind advisory going to be in effect Monday morning thru Tuesday. that means the possibility that the firework could get canceled due unsafe wind conditions for fireworks. good luck, have fun and be safe.

Gone2Disneyland
12-30-2007, 08:05 PM
It's great to read everyone's updates on the local wind advisories here. But obviously we're only hitting a very small portion of the guests who are attending Disneyland tomorrow that read MousePad. I think a good idea would be for Disneyland to print up warnings about the possibility of a cancelled fireworks show to everyone who walks into the park. They've done something similar in the parking structure; on the Fourth of July, I got a slip of paper when I entered telling me that the trams will be stopped at 9pm for safety reasons. It was courteous to let me know so far in advance.