PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn. Left or Right?

Napsto
06-16-2001, 10:05 AM
which track do you guys like better on the Matterhorn? i like the left one better but probably because it seeem slike they always open the right only. what do you think?

JRob2k1
06-16-2001, 10:19 AM
Left side!!!

It is the more "wild" side with sharper drops/turns etc..
while the right always seemed more tame.

JRob

Morrigoon
06-16-2001, 11:15 AM
On the rare occasion that the right side is open, I like to ride it, for a change; but I must admit that the left, or "dolly's drop" side is better.

Gregmh48
06-16-2001, 11:17 AM
I like the left side because it seems more thrilling and smoother than the right.

Matterhorn Fan
06-16-2001, 11:19 AM
Anyone else remember when the left and right sides had little signs that said "faster" and "slower" (or something like that)?

Generally I like the left side better, but you get a little more atmosophere on the right (instead of the putt-putting of Autopia cars, you get Teacup music and Caterpillar ride vehicles). I do my best to ride both sides on each trip, of course!

Napsto
06-16-2001, 11:40 AM
when i said right i meant wth my back to the mountain not from the queue, so in that case i like the left beteer.

do you think if they had the left open more, we would like the right better?

Matterhorn Fan
06-17-2001, 05:33 AM
I'd actually never noticed one side being open more than the other, so that doesn't affect my decision.

I'd always assumed Right=Fantasyland side, Left=Tomorrowland side. Should I be standing at the back of the mountain when decide which is right and which is left? What does everyone else assume?

Dreamstaker
06-17-2001, 09:46 AM
R=Fantasy L=Tomorrow yup, I agree.

Left side more thrilling, Right side more visual. Both sides fun!

ODV CM
06-17-2001, 10:46 AM
I'm actually not a big fan of the Matterhorn, but on the rare occasion I actually do go on it, I usually prefer the left side. But I've never really noticed that much of a difference.

KevAct1
06-17-2001, 01:34 PM
The Left side is much better! While the Right is longer (only by a couple of seconds), the Left is faster and has more dips, plus you see the Snow Monster more! I am a personal fan of the Left side! :D

dghosthost
06-17-2001, 05:16 PM
Left side except at night, then right if it's open because you get such an awesome view from the park...and it's the ony place you get a view like that now that the skyway is closed.

Disney Fan Matt
06-17-2001, 09:00 PM
I like the left (tommorowland) side better, if only for the dip by the Submarine Lagoon. I rarely ever ride the Fantasyland side!

Mandrake Linux
06-18-2001, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Gregmh48
I like the left side because it seems more thrilling and smoother than the right.

It's not supposed to be smooth. It's a bobsled ride.

Morrigoon
06-18-2001, 04:59 PM
Right side used to be awesome during MSEP... when R side was open

Lacrosse Boy
06-19-2001, 12:01 PM
Tomorrowland side

Niwel
06-20-2001, 05:31 PM
I agree that the tomorrowland side seems to go faster, but on the Fantasyland side its a lot bumpier and I think you see the Yeti more times. Plus...if the parade is going on, you have a one-of-a-kind view :p

Gregmh48
06-20-2001, 06:05 PM
Both tracks see the snowman two times.

Figment1986
06-21-2001, 10:14 AM
tO SAY THIS I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUT NEXT TIME I GO IN I BELIVE AROUND 3 YEARS I WILL TRY BOTH AND THEN PIC BUT I LIKED THE RIGHT SIDE. aka TOMORROW LAND SIDE.

Largent81
06-21-2001, 10:20 AM
I usually like the tomorrowland side more, but the last time I went on it (about 2 years ago) something was wrong and we went really really slow through the whole ride. We it is properly working, I pick the left.

Uncle Dick
03-06-2002, 01:07 AM
While I enjoy the speed and thrill of the left side, I think the right side will always be my favorite. The ride is smooth, the views are better and you actually do pick up quite a bit a speed just before the second encounter with the Abominable Snowman. The right side also seems to have a shorter line most of the time making it an obvious choice. Let's hear it for the underdog!

Duo Maxwell
03-06-2002, 11:04 PM
I like the left, or Tomorrowland side better. That's the side with "Dolly's Dip".

Hyperboy
03-07-2002, 12:43 AM
Left (tomorrowland) side is better, with Dolly's Drop n all. The track for the right side is supposedly a tad longer, but its not as exciting for sure. Though it would be cool if the TOP of the matterhorn was still open to a view (like right after the lift), like how it was when it first opened. I've seen pictures, but being born in 1977 never got to see it in person!

It was a great view of main street... I guess now a great view of the big shiny hubcab!:D

Ace
03-08-2002, 09:49 PM
I wish they could get rid of the track being so darn see-able! It's not a big deal on either SM or BTM... but it is on Matterhorn. They made birds sing, they should be able to take out those freaking TIRES on the track....

oh yeah, left side.

MonorailMan
03-09-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
I wish they could get rid of the track being so darn see-able! It's not a big deal on either SM or BTM... but it is on Matterhorn. They made birds sing, they should be able to take out those freaking TIRES on the track....

oh yeah, left side.
Whenever I see them, I think of the PeopleMover. :D

And Left Side For Me Too. :)