PDA

View Full Version : Dasani?

Pages : [1] 2

DisneylandBoy
08-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Went to Disneyland today and noticed that they are selling Dasani water instead of Arrowhead. How long since they switched? Why did they change? :confused: Also, saw Club Buzz (went with a 2 year old) . . . oh dear. :eek:

HBTiggerFan
08-12-2002, 06:49 PM
I noticed the Dasini last Sunday. The bottles are 24oz and suppostly only made for the DLR.

supercarrie
08-12-2002, 06:55 PM
I thought they had had the Dasani water for awhile now (I am probably wrong) but I noticed the new bottles last night. I think they look weird.

PhilMP
08-12-2002, 07:14 PM
We (as in ODV) switched to Dasani water sometime last week (I'm not sure of the date anymore). I, for one, liked Arrowhead much better. Arrowhead tastes better, and the shape of the bottle makes it much easier to load onto the drink carts.

And the shape of the Dasani bottle makes it look like a very very unusual "toy," if you know what I mean.

Phil

Iceman
08-12-2002, 07:15 PM
Dasani is actually made by Coca-Cola. They have been selling Dasani water at WDW for several years now, I assume as part of the overall drink contract with Coke.

HBTiggerFan
08-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I like arrowhead better too, and I thought arrowhead was also a coke product. :confused: anyways theres thinking that the new shape will bring forth some new product to sell for the bottles

Darkbeer
08-12-2002, 07:32 PM
Two comments, First off, I presume that Disney had a contract with Arrowhead that expired in August, and once they had finished selling the internal stock, they switched to Dasani (the Coca-Cola product).

Arrowhead (Actually owned by Perrier) is true Mountain Spring Water, and therefore, has a few trace elements from the natural filtering process...

http://www.arrowheadwater.com/aboutus/personality.asp

http://www.arrowheadwater.com/aboutus/origins.asp#

Dasani is city water run through filters.....

http://www.dasani.com/

Here is an interesting viewpoint dealing with Dasani (By the way, Aquafina is Pepsi's version)

http://www.nomad.ca/~loki/DASANI/

So there you go, why people like Arrowhead, and what Dasani isn't.

Ace
08-12-2002, 07:49 PM
how dare they???

Polar33
08-13-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
Two comments, First off, I presume that Disney had a contract with Arrowhead that expired in August, and once they had finished selling the internal stock, they switched to Dasani (the Coca-Cola product).

Yep, exactly what happened. Saturday, August 3rd all Foods locations (except Outdoor Vending and Outdoor Ventures) started selling Dasani and transferred their remaining stock of Arrowhead to Vending or Ventures. Sunday, August 4th Vending ran out of the remaining Arrowhead and sent out some wagons with Dasani. By Monday all that remained were a few cases of Arrowhead. Rumor has it that Ventures didn't get rid of their remaining Arrowhead ontill a few days after that. Along with the change of water brand also came a new price...water is now $2.75 per bottle in ODV.

As for the Dasani being made only for the DLR it sounds a little exagarated. I am pretty sure I saw bottles similar to what we currently have at Price Club last week. What is more likely is that bottled beverage companys manufacture two types of labels for their drinks, promotional ones that have contests and whatnot and non-promotional. Disney orders the non-promotional while the promotional bottles end up in the supermarket and the 7-11.

Personally, I never was a fan of the taste of Arrowhead. To me it had an odd aftertaste, especially when warm. However the Dasani's are hard to load into pushcarts, hard to stack in cases, and the boxes they come in generate TONS of extra cardbord...I would be glad to welcome the Arrowhead back despite my personal fealings of that aftertaste.

honeymom
08-13-2002, 02:24 AM
We got Dasani at WDW last year. I think a previous poster was correct about it being extended to other disney properties.

coronamouseman
08-13-2002, 06:26 AM
My wife hates Dasani - everytime I bring one back from the golf course she makes bad faces at it .........

That's not going to improve her "Disney Park experience" in the future!

Andrew
08-13-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by honeymom
We got Dasani at WDW last year. I think a previous poster was correct about it being extended to other disney properties.

Hmm, they still had ZephyrHills (ick) in December 2001. I prefer Crystal Geyser myself.

Traci
08-13-2002, 02:57 PM
I can tell you this, I know the selling of Desani is going to bum out a few people only for this one reason.......At Marketplace on Main Street they used to sell a smaller version of Arrowhead water for $1.00. Now that Desani is being used, I'm sure the Marketplace will increase the cost of the water from $1.00 to $2.75. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Between myself and a few other friends, it used to be a ritual to buy a dollar water at Marketplace before we rode rides or did anything else in the park. Bummer. :(

mrcoffee
08-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Just back from WDW (July 21-29th), and yep, all Zephyr Hills, not too bad I thought, though..

Originally posted by Andrew

Hmm, they still had ZephyrHills (ick) in December 2001. I prefer Crystal Geyser myself.

thekirk
08-13-2002, 03:53 PM
DASANI IS #1

It is the best tasting water I have ever tasted! The only problem is that it's a Coca Cola product. Too bad Dasani wasn't Pepsi...and too bad Disney has to be hooked up with Coca Cola....but I bet Disney owns Coca Cola or something!

Lani
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
My wife hates Dasani - everytime I bring one back from the golf course she makes bad faces at it .........At least it's not Anaheim tap water. That stuff is nasty.

...can you imagine anyone of us having this discussion 20 years ago? Paying $2 for a bottle of water. How preposterous!

disneynut
08-13-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Lani
At least it's not Anaheim tap water. That stuff is nasty.

Oh gosh, I remember being a kid in the hotel room and my mom saying that if we were thirsty we could have a drink of water. You'd go unwrap your little plastic cup, fill it, wait for the clouds to clear, plug your nose and push it down. That stuff was horrible! Is it still that bad?

Andrew
08-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by disneynut
Oh gosh, I remember being a kid in the hotel room and my mom saying that if we were thirsty we could have a drink of water. You'd go unwrap your little plastic cup, fill it, wait for the clouds to clear, plug your nose and push it down. That stuff was horrible! Is it still that bad?

It's not that bad. It's worse. Honestly, Anaheim hotel tap water (and Disneyland water fountain water) is so disgusting that I have to wonder if the city has two separate water supplies--one for residents and one for tourists.

When we stay in Anaheim I use bottled water to brush my teeth, but there's no way to avoid showering in municipal water. Ick.

Speaking of bottled water, the Fairfield on Harbor thoughtfully stocked the in-room fridge with four 1/2 liter bottles of Aquafina--at $2.50 each if you opened them! Sheesh. Needless to say, we didn't.

MonorailMan
08-13-2002, 08:16 PM
I like the taste of Anaheim water, it's got a little spunk to it that our water doesn't have. :)

Anaheim Water All The Way!

Dreamstaker
08-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Honestly, Anaheim hotel tap water (and Disneyland water fountain water) is so disgusting that I have to wonder if the city has two separate water supplies--one for residents and one for tourists.

Give the good water to the tourists. As if. :p

Andrew
08-13-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Dreamstaker
Give the good water to the tourists. As if. :p

What I meant was that I didn't think city residents would put up with such poor quality municipal tap water.

mikala
08-13-2002, 09:39 PM
Dasani is the best. Also Evian is a product of Coca Cola too. Coke products in regular retailers outsell Pepsi 4 to 1. Coke products are the coolest.

:cool: Mikala

Darkbeer
08-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Evian is owned by the Danone Group (The Yogurt People - Dannon in the US), they are not part of the Coca-Cola Family.

http://www.bottledwaterweb.com/bott/bt_140evian.html

http://www.danonegroup.com/brands/index_brands.html

goofey
08-13-2002, 10:14 PM
I personally prefer the taste of Arrowhead, so I hope they don't change the brand of water they use in the backstage water coolers.

Disney Nick
08-13-2002, 10:29 PM
I personally can't stand that purified city-water crap. Anything that is mountain spring water (arrowhead, crystal geyser, black mountain, etc.. ) is fine by me. And I drink a lot of bottled water (about 2 1/2 liters a day), usually of crystal geyser cuz I buy it in bulk from Costco)