PDA

View Full Version : Props in Tower of Terror?

CaliforniaCrazy
08-12-2002, 06:42 PM
I was wondering if they will have the props from the Twilight Zone series in the Tower of Terror when it opens in DCA? Also, how is the theming going to be different from Orlando's version (Such as the queue area, the lobby and the library)?

Nigel2
08-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Hmmmm... well I am not sure about them keeping props since CBS may not have any from the series. In the WDW version I believe they are all replicas of props from various episodes.:) Well the style will probably be different (not sure how) since the era is different, and so forth.

3IAlienKid
08-13-2002, 09:27 PM
I thought I'd read some of the WDW ToT props were authentic though I could be mistaken :). It'd be more fun knowing some of them were the real thing. I remember reading that Lucas used real props from Star Wars and Indy within the Disney attractions.

Nigel2
08-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Well indy's biggest prop is that jeep out in front of indy. It's from Raiders (well that is what they say, hard to prove).

Not too sure about star tours though...

But don't forget the twilight zone was a long long time ago, and memorabelia may not have been as big so many props could have been junked or sold without proof of authenticity. Also they may not have aged well either.

But I did hear Lucas kept a lot of the larger props from his films, so that wouldn't have been to hard to aquire (there are a lot of movie auto yards).