PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Questions

Napsto
06-16-2001, 09:47 AM
who knows this stuff?

what was the last brand new attraction to open at disneyland, not show?

when did the peoplemover open? who were it's sponsors?

when did roger rabbit open?

how big is disneyland?

when did fantasmic open?

what was the original plan for the gallery in NOS?

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-16-2001, 02:29 PM
Wasn't the last attraction added, Tarzan's Treehouse?

Morrigoon
06-16-2001, 05:09 PM
1. I guess it depends on what you view as brand new... if Tarzan's treehouse counts because it doesn't exist anywhere else, then I agree... but since it's basically a redo of Swiss, I'm not sure if you count that. If you don't, I guess Rocket Rods and Astro Orbiter don't either. So how about Indy?

2. Peoplemover was sponsored by Wedway, then Goodyear

3. Roger Rabbit opened up about two years after Toontown ugh, what was that, about 1994? Guess I don't know this after all

4. 45 or 55 acres, not sure... maybe the park was 45 and the parking lot was 55, but it could be the other way around

5. I have no idea

6. It was going to be an apartment for Walt/Roy/family, a nicer one than over the firehouse. See the entwined W and R in the fantasmic balcony railing.

Napsto
06-17-2001, 07:59 PM
no one else has a guess.

80S ERA
07-24-2001, 02:38 PM
for question #1, I'd have to say any of the new TL attractions (Honey 3D, Innoventions, etc) Autopia and Treehouse really don't count in my book since the are pretty much refurbished or enhanced attractions.

Here's some to stump you guys:

7. True or False. Rivers of America once had live fish in them and Walt would personally cast a line with some young guests.

8. How many attractions did Disneyland have open for opening day?

and here's one for the hard core fans....

9. When Roy O. Disney said "God bless 'em...let 'em pee!" on opening day in 1955, which bathroom was he refering to? Be careful....

Dreamstaker
07-24-2001, 05:39 PM
I only know # 7

Yes, they did have live fish to catch. I hear they stopped this due to smelly dead fish being left around.

80S ERA
07-25-2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Napsto
who knows this stuff?

2. when did the peoplemover open? who were it's sponsors?

5. when did fantasmic open?

2. 1966
5. 1992

Dunno the others. Answers Napsto?

Dreamstaker's answer is right. There were fish in the rivers at one time. Guests were leaving their smelly fish in lockers!

TheMur
07-25-2001, 11:08 AM
1. Even though the tree existed, I consider Tarzan's Treehouse to be the last new attraction.

2. Peoplemover - 1967 sponsored by the people who made all those little tires that moved the cars - Goodyear. This was part of the "new" Tomorrowland and it came about due to some creations for the Worlds Fair.

3. Roger Rabbit - 1993

4. Size - I think it is approximately 80 acres.

5. Fantasmic - 1992

6. As a few have noted it was a personal apartment that was more spacious that the one above the Fire House. In fact as it was being constructed Walt wanted direct access to Club 33. He insisted he wasn't going to walk down and then walk back up.

The Mur