PDA

View Full Version : WDW CM benefits at DLR?

Sigma
08-12-2002, 04:19 PM
My roommate and I, both WDW CMs, will be going to DL in a few weeks. I have a few questions regarding the benefits a WDW CM will get there.

Is the employee store (DLR's "Company D") open to us? If so, how do we get to it, and what are thier hours?

I know parking is complimentary, but how about parking at a Disney hotel?

What is the FastPass procedure for a WDW CM? Over here we need to manually print a pass for a DLR CM. Is it the same there too?

goofey
08-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
My roommate and I, both WDW CMs, will be going to DL in a few weeks. I have a few questions regarding the benefits a WDW CM will get there.

Is the employee store (DLR's "Company D") open to us? If so, how do we get to it, and what are thier hours?

I know parking is complimentary, but how about parking at a Disney hotel?

What is the FastPass procedure for a WDW CM? Over here we need to manually print a pass for a DLR CM. Is it the same there too? About two years ago I saw a WDW CM buying something at the old Company D, before they moved. I'm pretty sure that Company D is open to all WDC employees and CMs, but you might want to check. Company D is located a few blocks east of DLR, near the intersection of Anaheim Blvd. and Cerritos Avenue; unfortunately, I can't seem to find their hours in the CM Reference Guide. Most of their merchandise is stuff they couldn't sell in DCA when it first opened.

CMs get free parking in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure only. We still have to pay the guest parking rate at DTD and the DLR hotels. The posted parking rate for hotel guests at DLR hotels is "Included in Resort Fee." I have no idea what this means.

If you use your blue or silver Main Entrance Pass to get into the park, they will give you a readmission card when you enter. You use this for FastPass, just like any regular admission ticket, and you also need to show it with your handstamp to park hop or re-enter the park. If you're using your Team Disney complimentary passes, you use those for FastPass.

One more bit of advice: If you use your CM discount on merchandise, many newer stores CMs in the parks have never seen a WDW ID, and may be thrown off that there is no discount type printed on it (A or B) like with most WDC IDs.

Hope that helps, and have fun!

Sigma
08-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have one other quick question. Does DLR's Company D have both CM Exclusive items as well as discontined park merchandise at low low prices? Over here there are two seperate places for that.

tabacco
08-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Yeah, they have both.

mikala
08-13-2002, 09:50 PM
When I was a CM from the Disney Stores I never paid parking for the small parking area, Mickey & Friends, Downtown Disney.

Also lets not forget about the Company D located at the Admin building. If your coming from the DLR, go toward the 5 frreway, right on Ball Rd. and right into Cast Member place (I think that is what the sign says). If you went to Harbor Blvd. you went too far.

Caio and have fun,
Mikala

goofey
08-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have one other quick question. Does DLR's Company D have both CM Exclusive items as well as discontined park merchandise at low low prices? Over here there are two seperate places for that. Company D does have both, but they don't have the best CM exclusive items. The big stockpile of CM exclusives are at the TEAM Center, which is attached to Company D. Since TEAM Center is run differently from Company D, I'm not sure if CMs from other divisions of the company can go there.

I was told by a RT&P CM a while back that we CMs still have to pay the guest parking rate at DTD, which is free for the first three hours, or five hours with validation. I don't know about Timon, though.

tinkfreak
08-14-2002, 02:21 PM
All of the above is true. CM's can still park for free at the Timon lost. The Simba lot is frequently used for DTD parking, and then the same rules apply - CM's follolw the same parking guidelines as guests - two hours fee, five with validation.

The offsite Co D seems to have a bigger selection than the TDA Co D. I beleive their hours are either 10-18 or 8-18 daily. The Team Canter may not allow non DLR cast members access. I'm not sure about that.