PDA

View Full Version : parade of the stars

disneyscott
08-12-2002, 10:46 AM
I got to be in the parade on the 8pm on saturday, and it was one of the greates thing ive ever done in my life. I allow guest to do this is great, it will stick with me for life.
If you were there, and watched the parade I was with the first group of guest that danced with the hippos. Being 6'4 and 280 lbs it had to be a site to see me in a tu tu dancing like i owned the place.
When your done they give you a pin that is only given to people in the parade, it is the blue fariy that you see as the first float
I must recomend that eveyone try to do this it is a life changing experence.
They only choose 45 people a parade and start about one hour before the parade

goofey
08-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I remember when the Parade of the Stars was the 45 Years of Magic Parade of the Stars, they gave the guest performers these really goofy looking bright colored animal hats to wear during their performance, and they got to keep them, too. It was really funny watching a big group of people walking through the park wearing them after their performance. Too bad they don't give those out anymore.

socabch
08-12-2002, 12:13 PM
That's great that you got in the parade. My daughters were asked (begged) last year and they chickened out. I wish they would have so they could have the memory.

Klwally
08-12-2002, 12:27 PM
I was in that tutu in June! It was funny - a group of 6 of my friends were in it and it was hilarious. I loved my pin :)

hdlzx2
08-12-2002, 12:56 PM
how do you get them to "choose " you?

hefferdude
08-12-2002, 01:00 PM
I must recomend that eveyone try to do this it is a life changing experence.

While we were showing some relatives from Texas the DTD
area, got a frantic call from our younger son to come into
the park ASAP. " Ya gotta come in quick!!!" Huh? Our older
son had dared us to do the Parade OS. Next thing I knew
I was wearing a Mickey Wizard cape and hat and learning
a quick 3 min routine ( the tu tu's were a riot!!!:eek: )
Partnered with Mushu. Great leader! Took about 30
minutes and X gallons of sweat all the way up Main St.
to IASW. It was a hoot! Remebering your step, smile, wave,
what a riot. Got the pins at the end. We gained new
appreciation for the CMs in the costumes on a hot day.

The younger one said, " Wow, we got to work for
Disneyland!!" The older one said, " Yea, and they got us to
do it for free...":D

As we were walking back down Main, drinking some slushees
to try and cool off:cool: , I knew I would never forget the day we danced at Disneyland.

socabch
08-12-2002, 01:14 PM
how do you get them to "choose " you

Shortly before the parade starts (about an hour) look for the double decker bus. CM's dressed in sky blue and white overalls (I think there is clouds on them) are asking people as they pass by.

zapppop
08-12-2002, 02:42 PM
I've been in the 45 Years Of Magic Parade Of The Stars 9 times now and have 9 pins and name stickers to prove it. It's can be fun to participate in with the right group of people but I hate watching it.
If you haven't done it yet and want to, don't worry about time. The parade is scheduled to run through October 2004, and if you STILL haven't done it by then and want to, you can go to Hong Kong Disneyland in Spring 2005 and do it then. It's the parade that just keeps on going !

mickey1928
08-12-2002, 02:48 PM
My son and I have been in the parade twice. First with the HATS: I was the fox and he got the giraffe and last year with the pins. My son is 10 and he had no trouble being goofy with me and learning our quick dance routine. (If you can do the hokie pokie, you've got it made!). He LOVED it.......well, so did I!
It is definitely a one-of-a-kind experience that I hope to duplicate next weekend!
We were lucky enough to book the ABC Primetime weekend 8 months ago. Can't wait!
Bren

disneynut
08-12-2002, 07:02 PM
My son wants to be in that parade so bad. He asks everytime and my husband finally agreed to do it with him. Come to find out, you have to be at least 6 years old in order to do it. :( But it does look like everyone has a great time that participates.