PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here I need info on Disneyland ..m

Katz38
08-12-2002, 07:31 AM
We were planning on going to Disneyland in Anaheim Calf. for Thanksgiving vacation. My niece was at Disney World last year at this time and she said ,Disneyland was not crowded. We were wondering what the crowds are like at that time I will need to use a wheelchair and this will be my first outing in a wheelchair. Anyone have any ideas about the crowds? Thanks!!

disguy
08-12-2002, 08:14 AM
We went last year and I Wed,Thurs,Fri and Sat. Wed and thurs were not to bad at all. Friday was packed! So I would get there the day before thanks giv because you'll have more time to do the important rides.

EandCDad
08-12-2002, 09:12 AM
If you are going Friday, Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving, then you should expect LARGE crowds (not to be confused with crowds of large people). This is one of the busiest times of the year at the park, I believe. I agree with disguy, get there the day before Thanksgiving or be prepared to fight the masses. Hope you have fun, good luck!

stan4d_steph
08-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the board! I have to agree that Thanksgiving weekend is one of the most crowded times to be at the park. Is there any way you can come between Thanksgiving and Christmas? This time is typically less crowded, but the holiday decorations are up, which is nice. Accommodations are also cheaper after the holiday.

Be sure to check out the Theme-Park Access Guide page for any questions you might have about wheelchair access in DLR. Have fun!

goofey
08-12-2002, 11:16 AM
I agree with everyone else, Thanksgiving Day isn't terrible, but the two days after it are extremely busy. As for your wheelchair question, I work at the stroller/wheelchair shop, and if you need to rent a wheelchair, I highly recommend getting there early, because if my memory serves me, we did run out of wheelchairs two days out of the four-day weekend last year. Let me warn you, though: As accomodating as DLR is to guests with wheelchairs, when the park is really, really packed, other guests might not be as accomodating.

julia
08-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Hi! Welcome to ALL of the new folks!

Everyone is exactly correct - Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday) is one of the most crowded times at Disneyland. For the least crowded times, consider the end of Thanksgiving week to the week before Christmas OR the first week of January through Presidents' Week in February. Generally speaking, the most crowded times are when the kids are out of school on breaks.

Enjoy!
Best Regards,
Julia

disguy
08-12-2002, 11:27 AM
Just an extra note...if you plan on attending a Thanksgiving style dinner on Thanksgiving be sure to make reservations ahead of time, I belive you can do it up to 30days prior. We at at the Carnation Cafe it was very good and not bad in price..I think there were a couple of restraunts that was serving the same exact dinner.

disneynut
08-12-2002, 07:08 PM
We have plans to be there Thurs. through Sat. over Thanksgiving weekend. I've never been there over a holiday but I know to expect crowds. My parents, who haven't been to DL since they redid Tomorrowland, picked that weekend to go and twisted our arms :D into going with them. Does anyone know which restaurants have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? Goofy's Kitchen? Blue Bayou? I know BB has a holiday menu but didn't know if turkey was part of it.