PDA

View Full Version : A new Disneyland attraction...

wonderful
06-15-2001, 09:51 PM
It could happen...
What would you build? Think of the lands that really need a new attraction (oh, maybe Frontierland)...

Well, here's my idea...
Right next to Matterhorn I'd design a smaller mountain exterior and inside would be a very long flume attraction (say the length of Pirates) and the Fantasyland theme would be...
A Love Tunnel.... you float along to the familiar love songs of Disney classics, while audio animatrons of Sleeping Beauty, Ariel and Belle dance away with their princes and Mary Poppins and Burt enjoy a Jolly Holiday and... well, it would be no "thrill" ride... but wouldn't it be a great ride to take the kids... or a date on?

Morrigoon
06-16-2001, 11:39 AM
Yeah, and the security cam from that attraction would be availible at an adult video store near you!

or how about fantasyland.net?

just kidding.

Actually, the idea in itself is cute - but the problem you run into is a) no logical storyline for the ride itself, just passing a bunch of vignettes (think superstar limo) and b) well, let's face it... what happens in a tunnel of love? ;)

Good idea though, keep them coming!

Napsto
06-16-2001, 11:41 AM
i have never seen nor been in one of those tunnel of lvoe rides.

Morrigoon
06-16-2001, 11:55 AM
Neither have I... more's the pity ;)

You might be a Disneyland guest if...

... you think DARKNESS means PRIVACY

;P

disneyhead
06-21-2001, 01:39 PM
I've heard that they were going to do a similar ride to that in the Paridise Pier section of DCA, tying in a Little Mermaid theme and a Kiss the Girl Soundtrack and put it near King Triton's Carousel, but it was to expensive. If, basically, a water version of Super Star Lame-o is to expensive for Dizney then I'm just giving up and going to Islands of Adventure. :(

Lacrosse Boy
06-21-2001, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
i have never seen nor been in one of those tunnel of lvoe rides.

I would never even want to go on one! Ewww!:eek:

Gemini Cricket
06-21-2001, 04:13 PM
How about an Aladdin's Magic Carpet Rollercoaster Ride in Adventureland or Fantasyland. You know an E-Ticket ride. Dips and drops like Rockin RollerCoaster at WDW. The big finale would be an encounter with a very large animatronic Jafar snake.

AgentLaRue
06-21-2001, 07:22 PM
I've always wanted Disney to theme a major coaster in a big way, maybe based on Jungle Book, with a section that goes through a show building (maybe shaped to look like Sheer Khan's (sp.?) mouth that you go into) , huge AA's of the characters around the ride (such as Kaa snaking around a loop of the coaster), and other similar theming. It would have all the thrills of a coaster and yet be wholly unlike anything ever done before. And I'm thinking of a coaster in the Hulk thrill category, not a tamer version to allow for easy theming.

Mr D
06-21-2001, 07:35 PM
I think there should be no additions for at least one year and overhaul EVERYTHING to make the rides safer and more appealing throughout the whole park, paint, landscape and perform needed OSHA upgrades to prevent future accidents and also intensive training programs for all CM's of emergency procedures, crowd control, minor first aid and supplementing alert maintenance teams with the latest equipment needed in the worst case scenarios say of terrorism that recently may have been targeted at DL. (my two cents will be worth two dollars someday) Lets get quality before quantity.

Gauchograd99
06-21-2001, 09:26 PM
Be careful of those great ideas for a coaster with theming or we may get "Tarzan's Treetop Express" or something of that nature where they either use a Ninja style hanging car (to feel like swinging from trees) or a normal coaster setup where the idea of a couple large trees can replace AA units. I keep thinking that the area behind Big Thunder (the old Ranch Area) is Prime location for either another mountain or a rollercoaster type ride. There is already a pond near the watery curve on Thunder so just make the track descend towards that and then bank away at a nice little clip, or run the cars by so low that you can feel the water evaporating as you fly by in the summer. I know this would kill another of Walt's little treasures (when the fish are jumping... for those who have spent enough time there to have seen it. :)) unless they were considered the AA for the ride.

You never know these days do you? :cool:

ODV CM
06-23-2001, 12:32 PM
Actually, before they decided to put the Tower of Terror at DCA, they had talked about putting it there at the old ranch area and theme it as a mine cart ride falling down a shaft. They thought that they could make it pretty tall and still keep it from being visible from everywhere in the park, but I guess the failure of the new Tomorrowland caused them to rethink that.

Morrigoon
06-23-2001, 11:15 PM
You know, one thing I used to love, was when you were in peoplemover, going over autopia, and the monorail passed by. Just that whole interacting attraction thing. Wouldn't it be cool if they could put a coaster in the Festival area that could interact with Thunder? Maybe extend the Thunder track across the trail (above the walkway) to interact with an exterior part of the new coaster, and vice versa.

DisneyFreak2000
06-29-2001, 10:20 PM
Whatever happened to the idea of Geyser Mountain in the Festival Arena place? It was something about a run away roller coaster borrowing its way underground, then a geyser erupted which brought you back to the top. THat would be great there, that would give us another mountain, another E attraction, and more in Frontierland

Morrigoon
06-29-2001, 10:23 PM
It has the same problem as the idea of putting Pooh in the motor boats area.... it makes too much sense. People might actually like it.