PDA

View Full Version : Take a look INSIDE Flik's Fun Fair!

Pages : [1] 2

JasonWorrel
08-11-2002, 09:47 PM
MouseInfo.com just posted Part 1 of a two part series detailing FFF.

Go over to www.mouseinfo.com (http://www.mouseinfo.com)

Ace
08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
no rides! pooey. Part one should have been all rides....

Nigel2
08-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Nice, but did they have to show every single image on the walls of the walkway?:D

JasonWorrel
08-12-2002, 12:37 AM
no

sydney
08-12-2002, 12:58 AM
thanks for the link. it's nice to have different points of view expressed, and we, the readers, can get our information and entertainment from different places...

interesting the things that pop up, and the sites that they pop up on.

and the three different sentences I've typed to follow that one aren't friendly for posting. so I'll quit while I'm only slightly behind. ;)

Don't ask. it's late.

justagrrl
08-12-2002, 07:32 AM
I thought it wasn't opening for another month or two. What's up with all the people there?

I like the bug lights (although I don't see the need for the dozen pictures of a light) - especially the ones on the straws. Nice touch.

Lot's of scenery photos - where's the rides?

Bill Catherall
08-12-2002, 07:43 AM
That's pretty cool looking. I like the theming. If they have some fun rides I'd love to hang out there while my kids go play. (Especially with all the nice shady spots.) :)

Oh, and I see lots of strollers. Looks like there's plenty of room. (Oops...can of worms. ;) )

Cooie
08-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Oh, and I see lots of strollers. Looks like there's plenty of room. (Oops...can of worms. ;) )

Hee hee, Bill! ;) It does look pretty spacious, but I suspect that'll change once it opens to the public...

The theming looks fantastic! I'm so impressed... I can't wait to see it up close!

stan4d_steph
08-12-2002, 09:29 AM
If they're smart, they would have put in little stroller parking lots near the entrances/exits. It seems to me that often it's the strollers parked where they shouldn't be that cause the biggest traffic flow problems.

That said, the theming looks cute. I'm sure I'll go take a look once it's opened. The tour could have used some judicious editing though "And here's another view of the crane... and here's another picture of a bug lamp..." I'm glad I have a fast connection. I look forward to seeing some up-close shots of the ride vehicles.

DisneylandKid
08-12-2002, 09:45 AM
So.... it Flik's Fun Fair open to the public now?:confused: :confused:

spacemtncastmbr
08-12-2002, 09:48 AM
NO not yet to the public, yesturday was the construction workers families and friends who were allowed to take a look around. then cast memeber previews start then ap previews, then it opens to the public.

zapppop
08-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Not too impressive. You can see the same things in that photo essay from the steps on the Hyperion Theater. They should've posted photos from 1 or 2 rides. When are the preview days for the AP's ?

DisneylandKid
08-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
Not too impressive. You can see the same things in that photo essay from the steps on the Hyperion Theater. They should've posted photos from 1 or 2 rides. When are the preview days for the AP's ? Yeah... I was disappointed that you could see outside of the land.

space101
08-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by spacemtncastmbr
NO not yet to the public, yesturday was the construction workers families and friends who were allowed to take a look around. then cast memeber previews start then ap previews, then it opens to the public.

I belive they indicated that this was part I and part II would be up tonight with photos of the attractions and video. We will see.

Ace
08-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Nice, but did they have to show every single image on the walls of the walkway?:D

yeah, I was like... "Ok, next page is gonna be rides... darn! Ok, next page..... drat! ok, it's gotta be this page.... eek!"

HowardBeale
08-12-2002, 03:16 PM
I love how a guy goes to the trouble of posting an update of a yet-to-be-opened section of DCA, and all anyone can do is b**** about it.

Too many pictures? How can there by TOO MANY pictures?

whatever.

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore...

Bill Catherall
08-12-2002, 03:21 PM
HowardBeale - Let's watch the language and try to refrain from attacking anyone on the boards. Mkay?

roberts1398
08-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Any word yet on when the AP previews will be, or if they'll be soft opening prior to the grand opening? I'll be there 9/27 - 10/1 and keep hoping ...

mousey_girl
08-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Those pics are great! This new area seems to be highly theme!! Thank you for the pics Jason!

Nigel2
08-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by HowardBeale

Too many pictures? How can there by TOO MANY pictures?

Hey I didn't say I didn't like that preview, but honestly it is obsessive to take a photo of every single image that is in that box.

But anyway I was there and it does look nice from the outside. I thought that they were going to use up that whole farm area though.:)

DisneylandKid
08-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Photos of the rides are now up! Heimlich's Chew Chew Train looks cool for an off-the-shelf-type ride! As do the others.

justagrrl
08-13-2002, 05:53 AM
I'm really impressed with the theming. I love the oversized hose and sprinkler set-up. And it "leaks" around the faucet just like my real hose does! I love the signs with the chewed out arrows and people with bug antena (sp?).

And the chew chew train...I'm loving that watermelon. I wonder if this will compete with Casey Jr. and my son's fav. ride? (Have you ever heard that song by Blink 182 that says "Roller Coaster favorite ride...let me kiss you one last time. ? Well...my son sings it - Casey Jr. favorite ride..)

So...are they planning a Bug's Life 2 movie yet?

My kids can't wait to visit this new area...and I'm enthusiastic too. Hope it doesn't affect the crowds too much. (i.e. making DCA more crowded.) I mean - I want them to be successful and all but I like the relative uncrowded-ness of DCA.

justagrrl
08-13-2002, 05:57 AM
I noticed for the Francis ride (tea-cups) it says guests will spin based on weight. That's interesting. So, no more spinning it or not - not sure if this is a good thing or a throw-up thing.

I'd like to see a bunch of M.P.ers get in there and fill it up and get a good spinning. :) (You guys always fill up the boat rides - this one might really get ya for overfilling the ride. ;)

Cooie
08-13-2002, 09:02 AM
So adults can ride the rides? I was a little confused on this point. I hope we can, because I'm itching to get on the tuck and roll bumper cars. :D

justagrrl
08-13-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Cooie
So adults can ride the rides? I was a little confused on this point. I hope we can, because I'm itching to get on the tuck and roll bumper cars. :D

I thought I'd read that adults could ride everything but the bumper cars but the pictures indicate otherwise. Maybe I'm confused and it was a different one that adults can't go on.