PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from DLR

DorisZ
08-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I don't post often, but I love this forum. I read it thoroughly just before I come down for a trip.

I'm usually lucky to get to DL once a year, this year I was blessed and got to go in April as well as last week.

We took our kids on probably the last family vacation as they are already 18 and 21. The 18 year old acted like he did on his very first trip when he was 4--very bratty. But he settled down after the first day.

We had a great time, they both really liked CA. The 18 year old just loved Bug's Life. I thought it was very cute, too.

We had 4-day ph passes, but since my husband and I only went 3 times, the boys used ours one day. They were still able to get fast passes even though two of the tickets were not activated for that day. The only problem was that when I went to use the last entry, the ticket would not activate. The ticket taking CM, just looked at me kind of strange and overrode it.

Tomorrow land is so sad--I can't tell you how many times I heard people talk about riding the submarines. They all were in for a big disappointment. My son couldn't believe the RR were already shut down.

I think they need to redo Matterhorn just to adjust for the widening of America. We all were a lot smaller in the 50's--I can't enjoy the ride unless I'm in a car by myself because I don't want to crush my DH. There was a rather large couple who didn't understand how they were supposed to sit and they were trying to sit side by side. The CM's got a good chuckle out of it.

My first trip to Disneyland was in 1971 and a lot has changed, I still love it, but I'm worried about the future too. What will be the state of the park when and if I have grandchildren? Will a bottle of water cost $10? My DH says they will push it as long as people are willing to pay the price. "Why should they charge $1.50 for a bottle of coke or water if you will pay $2.65?", he says. Next time I come, I'm bringing my own drinks!

Thanks for all the info.

Doris

MonorailMan
08-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by DorisZ

I think they need to redo Matterhorn just to adjust for the widening of America. We all were a lot smaller in the 50's--I can't enjoy the ride unless I'm in a car by myself because I don't want to crush my DH. There was a rather large couple who didn't understand how they were supposed to sit and they were trying to sit side by side. The CM's got a good chuckle out of it.

"Please Study The Seating Guides Above You, Before You Board."

I saw a skinny girl, and what looked like her (pardon my un PCness) huge Mother. I thought, right after Dolly's Drop, like a boulder hitting a toothpick.

Brat
08-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Glad you had a good time!:) I've only been going to DL for 4 years, and it's amazing what has changed in that short amount of time. I can't believe I've actually seen a ride (RR) come into existence & taken out of service already. How sad, 'cause I really did enjoy it. I miss all the rides I was never able to go on....sigh, I guess I'll have to live them through my DH who has been going all his life.
I agree on the Matterhorn. My dh & I are not even "large" and it can be uncomfortable for us.

We took our kids on probably the last family vacation as they are already 18 and 21.
I took what I consider to be my FIRST vacation with my mom just 2 years ago, at 26 yrs old (it was, coincidently, to DL). Just 'cause they're adults now doesn't mean it has to end!! We are planning another trip for this December. She was there for my first son's first time, and wants to be there for my second's as well (of course, he'll only be about 6-7 weeks old, so it will be much more of a memory for us than him...) :D

DorisZ
08-11-2002, 06:45 PM
Hi Brat,

Well you don't have too much longer of a wait for that baby! Congratulations.

I don't doubt that we will go with our grandchildren, but it will never just be the 4 of us again. The older one will probably come with us as long as we are willing to pay. He's also the one that wants to have kids.

The younger one is already talking about his next trip to DLR--without us. he doesn't want kids because he says they are too expensive.

I won't be able to come again until Fall of 2003 and we'll be bringing the dog, no kids next time. I want to see the Haunted Mansion decorated--I hope they do it next year. My DH will be going fishing and I'll be at the parks by myself.

Doris