PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose-Yes or No?

babytrey2000
08-11-2002, 10:33 AM
Our DL trip isn't until end of September, but I am a planner. My husband and I like to have a few meals that are a bit more than a hot dog from a cart, so we try to plan in some nice restaurants. Should we include Napa Rose?
I know we will go back to Jazz Kitchen for their crab cakes (him) and the mint juleps (me), and I want to go to Blue Bayou only because we have never been there before (always wanted to eat there as a poor kid when I went to DL, now that I am an adult and have my own money, we can). But I do not know much about Napa Rose. Is it worth it? What is the dress code? Do men have to wear jackets and ties?
Thanks in advance. Also, thank you everyone for all of your postings on various subjects. I may not respond to all of them, but I sure do read all of them.:)

thekirk
08-11-2002, 01:00 PM
I have not been to Napa Rose. I've been to Blue Bayou......our parents take us there at least once every trip to Disneyland! It is my most favorite resturant. It is awesome! When you go ask for a table by the water. You might have to wait a little longer for a table, but it's well worth it! It's fun to watch the boats for Pirates go by. Since it is off season when you're going (kinda off season...the tail end of the regualr season) you probably won't needs to be reservations.....but you might want to...just in case.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about Napa Rose.

I hope you have an awesome trip!

(I would be planning if I were you too...just becuase I would be soooo excited to be going!)

tabacco
08-11-2002, 02:49 PM
714-781-DINE may be able to give you some details on dress code for Napa Rose, but I'm not certain.

adriennek
08-11-2002, 08:59 PM
we try to plan in some nice restaurants. Should we include Napa Rose?

YES.

But I do not know much about Napa Rose. Is it worth it?

YES

What is the dress code? Do men have to wear jackets and ties?

It's a resort so you'll see all sorts of dress. When my husband and I went for his birthday, we dressed nicely but I don't think my husband wore a tie and I *know* he didn't wear a jacket.

Call now to make your priority seating arrangements. You can thank me later.

Adrienne K

cstephens
08-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by babytrey2000
Should we include Napa Rose? Is it worth it? What is the dress code? Do men have to wear jackets and ties?

Definitely a solid recommendation from me. I love Napa Rose, and yes, it's on the pricier side of meals, but it's definitely worth it, both for the meal itself and the ambience. The dress code is pretty lax, which is great because it means that they understand that they're at an amusement park resort. Some people do dress up for dinner, which can be nice, but it's not a requirement. We've gone in "business casual" and even in t-shirts and shorts, and we see a mix of dress styles in the restaurant, and we've received the same great service every time.

If you're interested, I've got reviews posted of Napa Rose. Go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html and look for the Napa Rose links. We just had dinner there last Sunday, but I haven't had time to write that review, though it was yet another great dinner. I hope to have that written in the next week or two.

My other recommendation would be Catal Restaurant in Downtown Disney which, as of tonight, is officially my favorite restaurant at the resort, having previously been tied with Napa Rose. We had dinner there tonight, and it's always been great. The review for tonight's dinner should also hopefully be done in the next week or two, but I've got reviews posted of previous visits. The link I've posted above has entries for Catal as well. Catal is a little more relaxed than Napa Rose and is slightly less expensive in general, but the experience is wonderful.

I've also got menus of both restaurants posted. The Catal menu is up-to-date, though they just changed their dessert menu as of this week, so I need to update that. The Napa Rose menus are up-to-date.

Have a great visit!

3IAlienKid
08-12-2002, 11:35 PM
My wife and I have been to the Napa Rose twice now, and it is definitely our favorite restaurant at DLR. Yes, it is pricey, but the food is the tastiest and freshest I've had there. Very creative presentations also. A lot of the cable food programs have been doing segments on it. The ambiance is nice and the window facing Grizzly Mountain is big enough that most tables have a view (this is a nicer effect than it sounds).

The time we were there for dinner we had 6:30 reservations on Friday night. The times I've been to other pricier restaurants there like Blue Bayou or Granville's there are usually plenty of people dressed for the parks (shorts and Disney t-shirts), but at the Napa Rose (and Catal's as well) there were mostly adults and they were all dressed casual but nice (like "casual Friday" at the office - no ties but no jeans).