PDA

View Full Version : What Happened on Tuesday Night?

DizneeGirl
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Okay, first let me say that we were in line for Matterhorn and noticed a helicopter with search lights flying above us...thought it was odd since DLR is a no-fly zone. Then we were walking through Frontierland to Adventure land (you know in front of Golden Horseshoe and the Mark Twain loading) and there were a bunch of CMs forming a line on one side and then a bunch more forming a line about 50 yards down so you had to go around them. When we were passing it looked like some sort of medical person was fitting a neck collar on someone who was laying on the ground. It was between 9:30-10:00pm Tuesday night. Does anyone know what happened and if everyone is okay?
The only thing I can think of is that someone might have slipped and fallen seeing as it was slippery due to the rain. Anyway, just looking for info if anyone has some. Thanks!

mckygirl99
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Okay, first let me say that we were in line for Matterhorn and noticed a helicopter with search lights flying above us...thought it was odd since DLR is a no-fly zone.

Is it? I saw an airplane flying very low over the park last week. Both my husband & I thought it seemed quite odd. It was a small plane so maybe it was landing at Los Alamitos since it was heading down south.

adriennek
12-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Is it?

No, it's not.

Adrienne

Nonamia
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure if there still is one or not but the confusion might be from a few years ago.....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2003/030511-disney01.htm

Malcon10t
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
No, there is not. There is a restricted area, very different from a "no fly zone". The restricted area is simply a 3000' restriction, usually seen for noise abatement. You can fly into the restricted area by requesting permission from ATC. Flown over it many times.