PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations-dates

tjrj
08-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Earlier in the week, several MPer's were wondering when the Park would be decorated for Christmas. Just got the "Disney" magazine in the mail yesterday, and the upcoming calendar said that Luminaria, the decorations and shows would start on November 8th. Of course, this date is subject to change, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Hope it helps.:)

DLfreak
08-10-2002, 08:57 AM
And Haunted Mansion Holiday starts Oct. 4th!!! :D

(not that I'm excited or anything) ;)

LibraryGirl
08-10-2002, 11:08 AM
I will be making my way to see the Holiday decorations for the first time!! I hope to meet you guys on a brunch Meet!

Thanks for the dates!!

goofey
08-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that in the last two years, all the holiday decorations went up at the beginning of November, but the Christmas Fantasy parade didn't start until Thanksgiving week. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

EandCDad
08-11-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by goofey
I'm pretty sure that in the last two years, all the holiday decorations went up at the beginning of November, but the Christmas Fantasy parade didn't start until Thanksgiving week. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Here is a thread about this subject from last year (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2852&perpage=25&highlight=holiday%20parade%20christmas%20cookie&pagenumber=1) . Last year most of the stuff was up by 11/2 but the parade did not start until after Thanksgiving and you could not visit Santa until then either.

My favorite part of last years' thread is that once Stinkerbell said "keep the descriptions coming", everyone stopped posting to the thread. ;)

Darkbeer
08-11-2002, 07:35 AM
The iasw Holiday install is scheduled for October 21st thru November 7th, so it makes sence that they will start the "Holidays" on the 8th...

By the way, the HM Install is Sept 3rd thru October 4th.

TerryTiger
08-11-2002, 11:12 AM
I would guess that although the decorations are up and iasw and HMH are operational in early November, I still don't think the parade or Believe...In Holiday Magic! and the Snow on Main Street start up until Thanksgiving weekend. Does anyone have information to confirm or alter this view?

EandCDad
08-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by TerryTiger
I would guess that although the decorations are up and iasw and HMH are operational in early November, I still don't think the parade or Believe...In Holiday Magic! and the Snow on Main Street start up until Thanksgiving weekend. Does anyone have information to confirm or alter this view?

Terry, its hard to say what they will do THIS year, but last year and the year before they started the Believe...In Holiday Magic Fireworks and snow in early November (with the decorations, etc.) and the Parade was not started until Thanksgiving weekend. I would expect that whenever they start all the holiday decorations and iasw Holiday and holiday shows (which seems to be the 8th this year and was the 2nd last year), the Fireworks and snow will also start.

goofey
08-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Call me a geek, but I still have CM Reference Guides from Thanksgiving weekend of 2000, and according to them, the Christmas Fantasy parade started on Thanksgiving Day, while Believe...in Holiday Magic started at least a week before that. The Parade of the Stars ran until the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if that's how they did it last year, though.