PDA

View Full Version : PotC Problem [boats stopped, lights on]

Toocherie
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Yesterday morning at approximately 9:15 we got on POTC. There was absolutely no wait (and we actually went through the handicapped access because we had someone on an ECV with us--got on the first boat).

Everything proceeded normally until we got to the first waterfall and . . . . stop. We were the second boat back from the waterfall entrance. After about 15 minutes a voice came over the loudspeaker indicating that they were having "technical difficulties" (I think we figured that one out!) After a few more minutes the lights went on, the sound went off (we were beneath the talking pirate skull) and the loudspeaker person again came on and said we were not going to be evacuated yet, that a boat had become stuck down the line and no other boats could come through. About 15 minutes later a CM came out from an exit door near our boat and again apologized and started telling us "pirate" jokes. Someone in the boat in front of us asked if they could just get off, and he said no, that regulations required there be two CM for any evacuation. He said he did not have further info and went in the back again. Pretty soon he came back with another CM and I thought: "uh-oh--this is it--evacuation time." Just as it looked as if they were ready to start getting us off the boats the loudspeaker came on again and said "CMs, cancel evac and pick up the phone"--then they left again. A couple of more minutes and the loudspeaker announced that our boats should be moving momentarily. Sure enough, in about three minutes the boat in front of us went down the waterfall. There was quite a lag, and then we went down too. The lights were still on and the sound off at this point. By the time we got to the pirate ships the lights went off and the sound came back and we enjoyed the remainder of the ride. We finally got off around 10:00. They gave us a fastpass admission for up to 5 people (which we actually never used), and at that point were not letting anyone else on the ride (although it was open--with a long line--later in the day).

A very interesting experience as I had never (and I've been going to Disneyland a long time) had this happen to me! My only concern was my Mom who cannot walk long distances, but I had warned the CM that she had an ECV back at the dock that she would need.

When we got to the dock, this same CM was so nice--he'd actually pulled her ECV over next to the boat for her!

CV12Pirate
12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
Yes, they have great valet service.

wenderella
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a WDW POTC story that beats this...hands down. Similar situation in October. We round the corner, by the "skeleton shore" and the ride stops. We float in the dark with music and all for about 20 minutes. Finally lights come on, 1 boat ahead is able to disembarque. HOWEVER...we cannot. As 20 minutes turns in to 30 - 35, people are getting very PO'd. I'm calm...as a Disneyland AP'er, I know they'll take care of us. But...It took about 40 minutes for someone...anyone...to come and tell us what was going on. They had to put 2 cast members in full waders to PUSH our boat back to the dock...backwards. I was amazed that there was not a better evacuation plan in place. It ended up to be about 45 minutes...which seemed like forever. Shocking! All we got out of it was a quick exit and a 5 person fast pass. LAME!

princessy777
12-17-2007, 02:14 PM
My co-woker was at DLR yesterday as was I. His daughter is a CM who told him a little girl fell between the tracks of California Screamin'. Anyone else hear about that?

Toocherie
12-17-2007, 02:29 PM
They had to put 2 cast members in full waders to PUSH our boat back to the dock...backwards. I was amazed that there was not a better evacuation plan in place. It ended up to be about 45 minutes...which seemed like forever. Shocking! All we got out of it was a quick exit and a 5 person fast pass. LAME!

I am not an expert at the POTC layout-=-do you mean that you were at the end and they had to push you through the entire ride backwards? (and if so, how did they get you up the waterfalls? (assuming WDW is the same as DLR) or were you someplace else in the ride?