PDA

View Full Version : Generic Bland Burgers

Pages : [1] 2

dehnehsu
12-15-2007, 10:32 PM
As mentioned in previous posts, We all seem to agree the Burgers at the Resort have gone down in quality. I noticed that the Burgers at "Croc's Bits N' Bites" are Charbroiled and cost $7.59 with Fries. The same price as "Hungry Bear", "White Water Snacks" and the "Lost Bar". I suspect these are Charbroiled (Over a Flame) and flash frozen to be reheated later. Anyone know? We've passed by "Croc's" and can't smell the meat cooking or see any grills, flames, or smoke coming from the building.

Are all the Burgers pretty much the same now?

AVP
12-16-2007, 09:26 AM
I suspect these are Charbroiled (Over a Flame) and flash frozen to be reheated later. Anyone know? We've passed by "Croc's" and can't smell the meat cooking or see any grills, flames, or smoke coming from the building. No, they probably just order them from Sysco (http://www.sysco.com/products/Productpage_search.asp?productID=36) or some similar purveyor. I was dismayed as a child to come across by chef-grandfather's Sysco-type catalogue and discovered that you can order frozen hamburgers and chicken breasts with or without pre-applied grill marks.

AVP

houseofmouse
12-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I was dismayed as a child to come across by chef-grandfather's Sysco-type catalogue and discovered that you can order frozen hamburgers and chicken breasts with or without pre-applied grill marks.

AVP
:eek::eek:

disneyhound
12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I was dismayed as a child to come across by chef-grandfather's Sysco-type catalogue and discovered that you can order frozen hamburgers and chicken breasts with or without pre-applied grill marks.

This is so sad! :crying:

K & S
12-16-2007, 12:47 PM
As mentioned in previous posts, We all seem to agree the Burgers at the Resort have gone down in quality. I noticed that the Burgers at "Croc's Bits N' Bites" are Charbroiled and cost $7.59 with Fries. The same price as "Hungry Bear", "White Water Snacks" and the "Lost Bar". I suspect these are Charbroiled (Over a Flame) and flash frozen to be reheated later. Anyone know? We've passed by "Croc's" and can't smell the meat cooking or see any grills, flames, or smoke coming from the building.

Are all the Burgers pretty much the same now?

Until a few years ago the Hungry Bear charbroiled their own burgers, you could see the smoke and smell them cooking from the Haunted Mansion. I think the Taste Pilots' Grill did too.

I don't ever eat burgers at the park since they changed. Now we go to Carnation Café or somewhere in DTD.

cstephens
12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't eat burgers in the parks if I can help it. If I'm having a burger on property, it's at Whitewater or the Uva Bar.

Duane
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Are the burgers at Hungry Bear no longer charbroiled? If not, when did they change? How are they cooked now? Are the burgers at Whitewater Snacks charbroiled? We will be visiting Disneyland this summer and would like to know where to get a good burger.

MammaSilva
12-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Scroll up to cstephens post...White Water has excellent food cooked fresh, I've never eaten at the Uva but I've heard excellent reports about their food.

K & S
12-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't eat burgers in the parks if I can help it. If I'm having a burger on property, it's at Whitewater or the Uva Bar.

I had a burger at Whitewater last month and it was not charbroiled.

CV12Pirate
12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
It's not hamburger... its Soylent Green!

VickiC
12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
I believe Whitewater's are cooked fresh, but on a grill, not charbroiled.

darph nader
12-17-2007, 07:50 AM

RATS,beat me to it. Oh well,snooze and lose.:crying:

codewoman
12-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I have never had a good burger at the resort. I haven't done Whitewater Snacks, though. I don't think I'll be willing to try again. There are other food options available, so I see no reason to risk it.

dawnid
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I think the most locations have gone to a broilamation machine to cook the burgers. They are no longer fried or grilled unless it is a table service restaurant. The broilamation machine is a conveyor belt cooker that puts out a larger volume faster. My son expland that it works similar to what our local Strawhat Pizza has but it has a broiler flame. Burgers in, fat drips off and with it the flavor so you are left with a tasteless but healthier burger. He says you have a better chance of getting one that tastes good on a busy day, they taste better right off the machine.

I'm sorry I like my fries greasy, my hamburgers juicy and my sodas with sugar. I'll eat in moderation and exercise more to burn the calories but I hate a burger that taste likes a rice cake.

jeffthechef
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
The only good burger I've had at the resort was at Story Tellers in GCH. It was very good beef on a fresh roll with great fries. I highly recommend the hike. It was also very reasonable at under $10.

K & S
12-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I think the most locations have gone to a broilamation machine to cook the burgers. They are no longer fried or grilled unless it is a table service restaurant. The broilamation machine is a conveyor belt cooker that puts out a larger volume faster. My son expland that it works similar to what our local Strawhat Pizza has but it has a broiler flame. Burgers in, fat drips off and with it the flavor so you are left with a tasteless but healthier burger. He says you have a better chance of getting one that tastes good on a busy day, they taste better right off the machine.

I'm sorry I like my fries greasy, my hamburgers juicy and my sodas with sugar. I'll eat in moderation and exercise more to burn the calories but I hate a burger that taste likes a rice cake.

I couldn't agree more. On the rare occasions I eat a cheeseburger and fries, I want them to have good flavor.

Unfortunately Disneyland is not to place to find them, every place that serves burgers has the same tasteless burger as every other place in the park.

Darkbeer
12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
The best burger in the Resort is at The Lounge at Steakhouse 55, yes, it is expensive, but it is cooked right with high quality meat, and is nice and juicy.

The Evil Queen
12-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Ah yes...Soylent Green. I thought I got those over at Tomorrowland Terrace. Those were pretty bad, too.

Maybe that's where the BTMRR goat ended up.:D

VickiC
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM

Carl's Jr. has used belt driven automatic charbroilers for years and years, I believe they were the first chain to use them. I doubt Hungry Bear uses them as they do put out a lot of smoke and smells and I do not detect that like I do when I drive by a Carl's. They are also pretty maintenance intensive, I spent many a night breaking down and cleaning the charbroiler in my h.s. and college years! A fresh burger off an automatic charbroiler tastes as good as one cooked over any other gas grill. If you leave them sitting around too long they will get dry and tasteless but that's a hold time problem, not a broiler problem. back in my CJ day's, the maximum hold time on a cooked patty was 5 minutes.

cynthia312
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Everyone listed expensive resturants. [ie. Storyteller's Cafe, Uva Bar] Well OF COURSE you're gonna get good burgers there. But if it's at a theme park, oh for gods sake...just eat it. It doesn't even taste bad anyways. I'm sure whoever said the burgers at DL or DCA are gross probably still eat at Burger King or Mc. Donalds once in awhile. I like Hungry Bear and Tastes Pilot's Grill. I'm not spoiled...I don't have to eat "good" all the time.

cstephens
12-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Everyone listed expensive resturants. [ie. Storyteller's Cafe, Uva Bar] Well OF COURSE you're gonna get good burgers there. But if it's at a theme park, oh for gods sake...just eat it. It doesn't even taste bad anyways.

Everyone did not in fact list expensive restaurants. I mentioned Whitewater, which is definitely not an expensive restaurant.

As far as "just eat it", you're welcome to, but I see no reason why people should eat a burger that isn't good or why they should order one that they've heard enough people say isn't very good. I remember having a burger from Stage Door about 9 years ago. I only took one bite and pretty much threw the rest away. It was awful.

The old man
12-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Everyone listed expensive resturants. [ie. Storyteller's Cafe, Uva Bar] Well OF COURSE you're gonna get good burgers there. But if it's at a theme park, oh for gods sake...just eat it. It doesn't even taste bad anyways. I'm sure whoever said the burgers at DL or DCA are gross probably still eat at Burger King or Mc. Donalds once in awhile. I like Hungry Bear and Tastes Pilot's Grill. I'm not spoiled...I don't have to eat "good" all the time.

This is kind of a strange post. First I used to like the hamburgers at Hungry Bear, but feel that they went down hill. I don't say they're gross, but I don't like them anymore. Second, I don't eat at BK, McD, etc. You say you like HB & TPG--you don't have to eat good. So are you saying that you know it's not good food, but you like places that have bad food? As with most theme parks the food isn't cheap, the the hamburgers at DL should be better than they are for the money.

experiment626
12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I can't remember EVER having a good burger at Disneyland. As far back as I can remember (late 70's/early 80's) they tasting like well YUCK!

CV12Pirate
12-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, forget about the rides, the attractions, the shows, forget about Mickey Mouse... I'm going to Disneyland for a Cheeseburger! I'm gonna buy a park hopper or better yet an AP so I can go to Disneyland everyday for a Cheeseburger.

I hope this post does not turn into another 747.

Darkbeer
12-23-2007, 07:10 PM
^ You know, people go to Disneyland for many different reasons. Some love to shop there, some like to just hang with friends and enjoy the atmosphere.

Heck, today, Lisa and I showed up, met up with some friends at the Noon meet, went to the ESPNZone for food (Zone Cheesesteaks and Sliders, much better food than in the park, and cheaper than the River Belle Terrace), picked up a new bear at Build-A-Bear (her name is Kelsey) since they were matching purchases this weekend, and Toys for Tots will be getting a free bear for every one purchased thru Monday, December 24th.

We rode the Fire Engine down Main Street, just to help with the Crowds, and then the Monorail from Tomorrowland to DtD and the ESPN Zone.

That's what we wanted to do, say Hi to friends, wish everyone a Merry Christmas and then avoid the large crowds as much as possible.

Last week, a group of 15 left the Noon meet at the Hub and walked to the Cheesecake Factory. The portions were LARGE, and once again, I paid less for my meal than what the River Belle Terrace charges for one of its sandwiches. Table service, we had 2 servers to handle the 15 guests, and they made sure our drinks didn't get empty, and the we had everything we needed.

Disneyland (and DCA) needs to know they have competition, both at DtD and the Hotels, and then just outside the Resort Property.

I can't wait for Johnny Rockets to open in May at Anaheim GardenWalk, talking about a Great quality burger, cooked fresh and to order, with quality meat and buns, and a lot of choices of fixin's.