PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dolls

Cooie
08-08-2002, 08:34 PM
I don't see a forum specifically addressing merch, but I could be blind, so pardon me if this is in the wrong place. :)

Y'all know those Classic Disney dolls they're selling at DLR? The line has Tink, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, etc., and some of them are paired with their Prince counterparts? I'm wondering if anyone knows how long they're going to be around... will they be a staple now, or are they going to be discontinuing them at some point? I ask because I'm starting to collect them, and I want to know how much time I have to snap them up. (AVP, I'm guessing you'll probably know the answer...)

Ditto on the Villains dolls, too. I've seen them around for a while, and I keep expecting them to disappear.

AVP
08-09-2002, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure exactly which dolls you are talking about, only because there have been several lines of those recently. However, here's the best way to decide how fast you need to buy them: look at who made them.

If they were made by Mattel, complete your collection soon.

If they were made by Hasbro, you should be fine.

AVP

Cooie
08-09-2002, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the tip, AVP! For the record, I think the dolls are called the Classic Collection (they're pretty Barbie-like), and each of them come with little perks, like Alice has a tea set, Tink has her wand, Mulan -- I think -- comes with her uniform, etc, etc. And then there's the sets that feature, say Aladdin and Jasmine in formal wear, yadda yadda...

(Somehow I don't think I've explained that well. ;))

AVP
08-09-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Cooie

(Somehow I don't think I've explained that well. ;))

Oh, no, the "yadda yadda..." was just perfect! (If only you knew how much I said that)

I'll have to look at those next time I'm in the park.

AVP

marron-cream
08-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Cooie
Thanks for the tip, AVP! For the record, I think the dolls are called the Classic Collection (they're pretty Barbie-like), and each of them come with little perks, like Alice has a tea set, Tink has her wand, Mulan -- I think -- comes with her uniform, etc, etc. And then there's the sets that feature, say Aladdin and Jasmine in formal wear, yadda yadda...

I know which ones you're talking about, Cooie. As far as I know, they're not made by Mattel or Hasbro and they're HUGE sellers. So you ought to be safe for a while.

Cooie
08-09-2002, 11:49 AM
Oh good, somebody was able to decipher my mumbo jumbo. ;) Thanks, marron-cream.

marron-cream
08-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Just more info... the dolls are made by Disney for the Disney theme parks. There's no talk of them being replaced with anything. So take your time but beware of Christmas looming around the corner... stock goes fast and is replenished slowly.