PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Kangaroos

DLfreak
08-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Just curious if anybody else has noticed this......my sister (LegolandMC) pointed it out to me a while back...

On Haunted Mansion, in the ballroom, there is a 'hidden' kangaroo. It's on the wall, just down and to the right of the two dueling men pictures. The wallpaper is torn in such a way that it looks like a kangaroo. :)

Anyway, I thought it was cool and just wanted to share....

DisneylandKid
08-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Does it look as if it was on purpose?

DLfreak
08-08-2002, 04:28 PM
It might have been. It definitely looks like a kangaroo. It's not like you have to use your imagination very hard to see it.

Frees
08-08-2002, 05:08 PM
Now, that's a new one.

It does look like the profile of a kangaroo, now that I think about it. Somewhere, I don't remember where, someone had claimed that it was intended to be the sillouette of Goofy, but I've looked at it time and time again and that just seems like stretching to me.

I will refer to it as the kangaroo from now on...

Lost Boy
08-08-2002, 09:11 PM
Well how about this:

Look around at everything in both Disneyland and DCA. There are elephants all over the place. In rides, stores, theates, on buildings and signs. The place is awash in Elephants. We noticed this several years ago and have been seeing them everywhere since then. It's rather funny. There are elephants in places they have no business being in.

Never saw Kangaroos though. That must be something new.

DisneylandBoy
08-08-2002, 10:40 PM
OH NO! Now I'm gonna see elephants anytime I go to Disneyland. I guess my days of elephant-free Disneyland are over . . . :( :D

Ace
08-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
OH NO! Now I'm gonna see elephants anytime I go to Disneyland. I guess my days of elephant-free Disneyland are over . . . :( :D

Are they by chance pink?

Lost Boy
08-09-2002, 07:03 PM
We have seen elephants of every color, especially in the Dark Rides under Black Light, but for the most part they are Elephant Grey. Adventureland Bazzaar has one that stamps coins. Look at it, it's an elephant. They are in HM, Pirates, Toontown, Tomorrowland, everywhere. And no reason can be given from the Imagineer's I have talked too. I think something is up. But I can't prove it.
:D ;)

mousey_girl
08-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

Are they by chance pink?

Maybe not pink, but definatly on parade! :D

newhdplayer
08-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DLfreak
Just curious if anybody else has noticed this......my sister (LegolandMC) pointed it out to me a while back...

On Haunted Mansion, in the ballroom, there is a 'hidden' kangaroo. It's on the wall, just down and to the right of the two dueling men pictures. The wallpaper is torn in such a way that it looks like a kangaroo. :)

Anyway, I thought it was cool and just wanted to share....

The wallpaper tore during construction, and due to budgetary restrictions, it was never fixed.

SzczerbiakManiac
08-10-2002, 11:09 AM
I saw the tear yesterday and, honestly, thought "kangaroo" was a bit of a stretch. To me, it looked more like a female Anubis.