PDA

View Full Version : Flik's Fun Fair opens..

disguy
08-08-2002, 10:48 AM
They finally have a date! Oct 7th :) guess no AP preview for it :(
I have no idea if this is old news to some but I sure didn't know.

DisneylandKid
08-08-2002, 10:55 AM
I had heard October 4th. I could be wrong though. Where'd you hear the 7th?

disguy
08-08-2002, 11:09 AM
It was listed in the "Events" page of the Dis Mag for Fall Along with HM Holiday for Oct 4th

Tref
08-08-2002, 11:17 AM
From what I have heard this will be a 'Toontown' style addition to DCA, i.e., nothing for parents to do but watch their kids scoot about. Oh bother.
Anyone hear differently?

i remain,

Cooie
08-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Are they maybe holding off on announcing the AP preview? Did they have one for ToonTown? I don't recall...

tinkfreak
08-08-2002, 11:37 AM
Actually, there will be an AP preview in Sept. It was announced with some of the pin events about a month ago.

roberts1398
08-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Just read an interview on mouseinfo.com with Randy Baumberger, Senior VP of DL Resort Ops, where he insists that all of Flik's will be friendly to the whole family, except the bumper cars which will have a height restriction for safety. Also says that they're still bantering about whether there will be an AP preview of Flik's. Check it out.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/showupdate.php?id=20020720&page=1

Sonya in Boise
08-08-2002, 11:51 AM
I hope, I hope, I hope this one opens on schedule. We will be there Oct 16th and this will give my little ones something to do with Grandma while my husband and I enjoy the rides. They love Bugs Life.

Thanks for the info.
Sonya

:D

roberts1398
08-08-2002, 11:57 AM
I envy you Sonya ... I sweated and sweated over my dates, not wanting to miss HMH but not wanting to wait till the end of Oct (my other option). Literally, the day after I booked my tickets for the end of Sept., I read this would open the next week. ARGH!

zapppop
08-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
I had heard October 4th. I could be wrong though. Where'd you hear the 7th?
I too heard October 4th was the opening date (from a CM), but hey, maybe they changed it so it won't compete with Haunted Mansion Holiday. I saw one of the ride vehicles yesterday in the Timon Parking Lot. They were round and shaped like Frances, the ladybug. The seats inside were black and looked like they could seat 2 adults. I didn't see any wheels on them, so I'm not sure what ride they're for ( perhaps Flik's Flyers ? ). So far, I know there are at least 4 attractions in this new area: Flik's Flyers, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck & Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies and Princess Dot's Puddle Park.

DisneylandKid
08-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by zapppop

I too heard October 4th was the opening date (from a CM), but hey, maybe they changed it so it won't compete with Haunted Mansion Holiday. I saw one of the ride vehicles yesterday in the Timon Parking Lot. They were round and shaped like Frances, the ladybug. The seats inside were black and looked like they could seat 2 adults. I didn't see any wheels on them, so I'm not sure what ride they're for ( perhaps Flik's Flyers ? ). So far, I know there are at least 4 attractions in this new area: Flik's Flyers, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Tuck & Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies and Princess Dot's Puddle Park. The ride vehicles that you saw were probably for Francis's Lady Bug Boogie, which is FFF's version of Mad Tea Party.

Hades
08-08-2002, 06:00 PM
The ride vehicles that you saw were probably for Francis's Lady Bug Boogie, which is FFF's version of Mad Tea Party.

From the drawings I had seen of that attraction at last year's "Cast Blast", it is a figure eight ride. It may have that "Mad Tea Party" spin to it too. The ride takes place on two spinning records. Looked cute.

Iceman
08-08-2002, 07:29 PM
It sounds from what people are writing that it will be like "The Whirlpool" at TDS or one of the scene's from Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDL--kind of a tame Teacups but with two rotating discs with the ride vehicles switching between them in a figure-eight pattern?

Eterion
08-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Im assuming AP means "Advanced Preview"? Well, supposedly, there will be a CM (and their dependents) ONLY preview period sometime the last week of August... Im not too sure about this, but I had many people confirm it.

Nigel2
08-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I think they may mean Annual Passport Preview. But that may have stoped earlier in the thread.:D

sydney
08-12-2002, 01:04 AM
Kudos to them if they can figure out a way of wrangling the gadzillions of Annual Passholders that exsist these days. ;) My only thought would be a soft open that could be advertised to passholders. that way we could all feel special, and they wouldn't have to deal with a huge logicstical nightmare.

if they just opened it to APs, and started "carding" people at the gate/cereal box, I don't think that would go over well with the rest of the guest population. ;) and closing the park to everyone but APs seems very hard (I would think impossible) to do as well.

thoughts?

stan4d_steph
08-12-2002, 08:23 AM
They had a construction crew preview yesterday that was for ticket holders only.

As far as an AP preview, they could hold the preview over several days to accommodate the many passholders and issue tickets randomly for the different days.

roberts1398
08-12-2002, 04:24 PM
My understanding it they've done this (AP preview) before, most recently for, oh, I forget what I read??? Some light show or something this past year. Wanna say in DCA... anyway, supposedly it is done...

Nigel2
08-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sydney
if they just opened it to APs, and started "carding" people at the gate/cereal box, I don't think that would go over well with the rest of the guest population. ;) and closing the park to everyone but APs seems very hard (I would think impossible) to do as well.

thoughts?

If they did an AP only preview they would charge for it. (This is disney we are talking about here) and odds are others could pay to get in as well.:)