PDA

View Full Version : 1-Day Park-hopper - A GREAT deal for many types of visitors

Pages : [1] 2

Mr.Bear
12-10-2007, 01:33 PM
At first glance 1-day park-hoppers may seem like a poor value. At $91 it includes two parks for $28 over the normal 1-day 1-park price of $63.

However, what one must realize is that you are only paying $28 more to increase your experience at the Disneyland Resort. With the park hopper you will be able to go to an additional park that offers tons of additional experiences and things to do during your day at the Resort.

For $28 extra what do you get? Entrance into DCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a whole new world.

For $28 extra what do you lose? A few dollars.

Let's say you have never been to DLR or you only have one day, do you worry about $28 and loose out on the chance to see things you might never see again? No way!!!!!!!!! Life is to short to be cheap.

Both DL and DCA are truly unique and Disney quality. I totally understand why people would split up their day between the two.

I’ve bought one-day hoppers before and they were a value to me, which proves they are a value to someone.

Darkbeer
12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
See, I disagree, first off the difference is $25, the current One Day, Disneyland only ticket is $66, and the one day ParkHopper is $91.

So why would I pay over 30% more, when Disneyland, a classic park, which IMHO is about a 2 day park to see and do most things just by itself.

Disneyland opens earlier on most days, and stays open later, and has much more nighttime entertainments, such as the Fireworks and Fantasmic!

I see no reason to cut my day short at Disneyland, just so I can "see" DCA for a couple of hours, all that does is shorten my time at Disneyland, and makes my wallet $25 lighter.

Now, the upcoming early 2008 special, where I can get a 5 day ParkHopper for the Price of 3 days (and the advance purchase discounted rate), now then I have plenty of time to spend at Disneyland, and can take some time to visit DCA.

But if I got to visit Disneyland for just one day every 5 years, the choice is very easy, save my money and spend the entire day at Disneyland.

Mr.Bear
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank you for your view, but there is already a thread for those who want to show why the one-day park hopper is a bad deal.
I have bought a one-day park hopper and I think it is a good deal. Which proves some people find it a good deal. If this troubles you, I’m sorry.
Just because someone is too cheap to pay an extra $28 doesn’t effect what I feel is value. A drunken bum in the gutter thinks a used cigarette is valuable.
Funny how people try and TELL others what value is.

I started this thread out of respect for the thread that thinks a 1-day park hopper is a bad deal.
It was mentioned over on that post that that person was just trying to show people his views. So I respected his views and started one about the value of it. And my goal was to do it in a fun way, that didn’t interfere with the other threads view or goal.

My goal is to tell why I feel a one-day park hopper is a good deal. Being there is already a thread showing why it is a bad deal, I wonder what your objective is? Why can’t people stand positive comments especially when there is a place for them to put their negative comments? Such is human nature.

Spooker Jones does it really bother you that someone has a different view?
Are you so caught up in this that you have to bring it over here?
Why are you trying to shove your view down other peoples throat?
Have you talked to everyone and know that the park hopper is a bad deal or are you just cheap? I think you’re cheap. That’s my opinion and you can’t change it.

I purposely created this thread out of respect for YOU wanting to post your view.
Why can’t you do to others what you want done to you?

For me if I only have one day to visit DLR in 5 years I want to experience both DL and DCA. $98 is a drop in the bucket when compared to experiences and magic moments. Life is to short to be cheap.

Bytebear
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
It is a good deal if you want to see DCA and can only spend one day at the resort. It is certainly better to buy a 1 day hopper than a 1 day DCA pass. Turn it around. Would you spend $25 to get into Disneyland when you planned on seeing DCA? If you look at it that way, $25 is a bargain.

Mr.Bear
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
It is a good deal if you want to see DCA and can only spend one day at the resort. It is certainly better to buy a 1 day hopper than a 1 day DCA pass. Turn it around. Would you spend $25 to get into Disneyland when you planned on seeing DCA? If you look at it that way, $25 is a bargain.

Wow great way of looking at it!!

I love people who look at the glass as not only half full but overflowing with goodness.

dawnid
12-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I think its worth it just so I have the option, if I want to go over I can. But I don't like to be told I can't go anywhere I want so I'd pay the extra just to keep the option open. If I could pay a little extra for EE I'd do that too. If I all of a sudden I get hit with the desire to ride Soarin' I want to know I can.

This is why I have a PAP even though you will never, ever catch me in the park on a Saturday during the summer. But I know if I want to I can.

Reading this it sounds a bit Prima Donnaish but I work hard everyday so when I get to play I want as many options as possible and the ability to do something off the wall just because.

yohomama212
12-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I have small children. There's not enough there for us to justify spending all day at DCA. A whirl through Flick's Fun Fair, a hop through the Animation Building to chat with Crush, maybe a stop over with the Muppets, and can you believe we never rode Monster's Inc.! (We don't do Playhouse Disney as my kids really don't know who half those characters are.) Then it's off to DL for all the real fun! Yes, we have to stop at DCA. Thanks to that park my 2yo can say "California" correctly (I dare you to comment on that in any bad parent review, it's cute)! So for us, if we ever had to buy park hoppers (we're AP holders), it would be worth it!

Elizabeth

MiaTurner
12-10-2007, 04:19 PM
I only do the Maliboomer, Screamin, Aladdin, Monter's Inc, the Animation Studio, Soarin, the Pep Ralley....

Okay wait... seriously, I really was gonna make a point that I only do a few things at DCA but apparently I don't...

Anywho, I think 1-day park hopper is a great deal for frequent visitors. As I've mentioned before, I'm there so often that I know the layout and don't feel pressured to hit everything, thus I can do both parks in one day with time to spare for repeats.

And once again, I don't worry about that anymore since I got my AP, which I still stand firm by that it is the deal that trumps all for anyone who visitis more than twice a year ;)

Malcon10t
12-11-2007, 06:55 AM
I agree the one day park hopper is of value to those who want it. Saying those who do are misinformed is insulting. I thought it was a good idea to have 2 threads, but I guess respect of thoughts can't be carried on.

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Spokke your so cute and easy to manipulate :~D.

I am so glad that you have finally turned around and see the value of a one-day park hopper.
Other wise why would a you be posting here unless you’re triggered? I know you’re a bigger person then to allow yourself to be triggered just because someone else started a thread with an opposite view as you. Please don't prove me wrong by putting your ego into this discussion. I'm simply here playing and having a good time like DL is supposed to be.

So unless your life depends on being right about this and you have a personal campaign going to change the minds of the world, lets just agree that value is in the eye of the beholder.
Otherwise let me know if this is really that important to you, I will honor your wish and allow you to change the world’s belief on this.

We both have provided a thread giving our views. I understand with your views and for me the one-day park hopper is a great value.

Remember I started this thread OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOU SPOKKER JONES. I was doing this because YOU said you wanted to express your view in your thread? What is wrong with people reading your thread to find the negitives about the pass and this thread to see the positives and letting people make up their own minds. I really don't care what people do as far as buying a pass its their choice. Threads do not give any valuable information with people just argueing back and forth about a topic. I feel it would better serve others the have a thread that gives the positive and a thread that gives negitives. Other wise you have a bunch of childish arguing just like what is going on in your thread and starting here.

I'm not going to commment any more to your negitive post here, it will be a waste of my time and breath. It's not fun playing with people who always look at the glass as half empty and then complain about it.

Thanks for posting your positive comments. Love ya. I’ll give you a big wet kiss when I see ya.

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 08:29 AM
For those looking for information on the value plus or against a one day park hopper, my best recommendation would be to count how many post are for and against the park hopper in both threads, then make up your own mind.
My count is something like 10 for and 3 or 4 against seems the majority are for the pass.
Read their comments and make up your own mind.
For me I think it is very misinformed to make decisions about magic moments in ones life based on a few dollars.
Life is to short.
Soon either you or those in your family will be dead and no amount of money can give you the magic moments that can be created running back and forth between DL and DCA.

To let you in on a bit about me. My line of work is in human behaviors. I study how humans act, think and behave. I have enjoyed studying why I am caught up in this thread and have learned a lot. So thanks Spokker Jones for the insight you’ve given me about myself. I do mean it.

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Many people who go to Disneyland are misinformed. They are the dads who take their family to the park and the kids are screaming, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" and they are standing there at the ticket booths trying to sort it all out. They don't exactly have time to weigh all their options when it comes to admission media. I fear they just grab the 1-day parkhopper because the kids want to see it all and it's only a little bit more.

These are the people I'm talking about. I'm not talking about annual passholders or even multiday visitors that come a couple times a year. The 1-day visitors drop an extra $100 to $150 depending on how big their family is and may not receive an extra $100 to $150 worth of fun.

Disneyland used to be about these kinds of people and the park was very friendly to the regional 1-day visitors but they've been ignored for annual passholders and multiday visitors staying for a week in one of the official hotels.

So if one of these folks happens to do a search for information about Disneyland and tickets they'll see all the glowing posts about how you should rush out and buy as many of them as you can because gosh, you just gotta see everything and DCA is just so magical and hubby likes it even better than Disneyland!

But they'll also see how much of a big scam it is and how lackluster DCA turned out to be, and that it probably won't be worth visiting until 5 years from now.

Then they can make an informed decision. Hell, maybe I can convince to just not go at all and instead travel to see some of the real California out there. That'll be the dream.

Someone just farted again.:eek:

This is too much fun, and I didn't even have to pay $28 :D

(Note to moderators, My goal is not to insult anyone as per the rules, I’m only having fun and avoiding argument. Ok mainly having fun. If you must lock this thread I understand. I didn't read any rules about fart jokes.)

cstephens
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm not talking about annual passholders or even multiday visitors that come a couple times a year.

I've been an annual passholder for some time now, and I'll probably be buying one-day parkhoppers for my nephews. Am I still uninformed simply by virtue that I'm buying the one-day parkhopper?

Perhaps there's some other reason why I would be making such a horribly wrong decision.

june1st1997
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
We have been PAP for years and decided that we would take some time away. It was losing a bit of its magic.

We are planning a trip in the next month or so and decided that we would do the park hopper... But only because DD is 21 months and there is more space for her at DCA. DH and I have no interest in DCA. While I enjoy Soarin' ... Given a choice... I'd rather have the parking lot back. I am hopeful that the renovations will remedy this... If only to keep SOME attractions at DL safe from being pirated or pixared.

The reason for my post...

I find it ridiculous that someone felt the need to start a second thread. Really, is it disrespectful to have a differing opinion? C'mon.

Where is the value of a thread where everyone is agreeing? " I love raspberries"... "Oh me too"... "I love the color"... " I love the taste"... What about the exchange of ideas?

Perhaps this is another aspect of the thread people can find enlightening.

cstephens
12-11-2007, 01:54 PM
I may not understand it but what people do with their SSI check is their own business.

I'm sorry, I don't know what an SSI check is or why you'd presume to know what kind of check I might or might not be receiving.

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 02:23 PM
We have been PAP for years and decided that we would take some time away. It was losing a bit of its magic.

We are planning a trip in the next month or so and decided that we would do the park hopper... But only because DD is 21 months and there is more space for her at DCA. DH and I have no interest in DCA. While I enjoy Soarin' ... Given a choice... I'd rather have the parking lot back. I am hopeful that the renovations will remedy this... If only to keep SOME attractions at DL safe from being pirated or pixared.

The reason for my post...

I find it ridiculous that someone felt the need to start a second thread. Really, is it disrespectful to have a differing opinion? C'mon.

Where is the value of a thread where everyone is agreeing? " I love raspberries"... "Oh me too"... "I love the color"... " I love the taste"... What about the exchange of ideas?

Perhaps this is another aspect of the thread people can find enlightening.

If you have thoroughly read both threads you will see the other thread was not allowing the poster to just state his view and he was having to defend his view. All Spokker wanted to do is share his view against the pass.
So I respected his view and made a new thread because I personally love DCA and see the one-day park hopper as a value. So respecting the other thread to give their view, I started another one.

I'll ask you what is the value of a thread where people just argue back and forth about the value of things only to keep saying the same thing over and over such as in the other thread. Vs. someone coming and seeing two threads one for and one against, with no arguing

Look at how you are responding to this thread, are you talking about the value of the pass, NOOOOO you’re here with your panties in a wad because some stranger started a thread against a thread made by another stranger. Plus you don’t even like DCA.

Your soooooooo lucky your goings to DL in a month you need a mouse hug. This is just a bulletin board for DL and to have fun. And I’m having a ball playing with you guys.

This thread has really help break up this day. Thanks guys, you make my cup run over with fun and goodness.

Now were did I put that pile of SSI checks? :rolleyes:

june1st1997
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
If you have thoroughly read both threads you will see the other thread was not allowing the poster to just state his view and he was having to defend his view. All Spokker wanted to do is share his view against the pass.
So I respected his view and made a new thread because I personally love DCA and see the one-day park hopper as a value. So respecting the other thread to give their view, I started another one.

I'll ask you what is the value of a thread where people just argue back and forth about the value of things only to keep saying the same thing over and over such as in the other thread. Vs. someone coming and seeing two threads one for and one against, with no arguing

Look at how you are responding to this thread, are you talking about the value of the pass, NOOOOO you’re here with your panties in a wad because some stranger started a thread against a thread made by another stranger. Plus you don’t even like DCA.

Your soooooooo lucky your goings to DL in a month you need a mouse hug. This is just a bulletin board for DL and to have fun. And I’m having a ball playing with you guys.

This thread has really help break up this day. Thanks guys, you make my cup run over with fun and goodness.

Now were did I put that pile of SSI checks? :rolleyes:

What is the problem with defending your view? My view is for my husband and I... the park hopper is not a value. When you add my toddler... then it is.

No, I am not a big DCA fan.

My panties are in a wad because I found your posts rude and bullying. I don't like bullies. I'm calling you on it.

BTW your bravado about how fun this is for you rings untrue. You're just mugging for the camera a little too much.

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
My panties are in a wad, I'm calling you.

BTW your too much fun.

Why are you calling me because your panties are in a wad? Doesn't it hurt? I recommend unwadding them. No charge for the advise. My pleasure.

Next time call your husband on personal things like panties, besides there are children around.

This is like a Roger Rabbit cartoon.

yohomama212
12-11-2007, 02:54 PM
I heart Mr. Bear. Thank you for entertaining me these past couple days!

Elizabeth

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 03:01 PM
I heart Mr. Bear. Thank you for entertaining me these past couple days!

Elizabeth

Thank you glad you GET IT!!!

I started this thread out of respect to Spokker, to give my view and have fun. All the rest has been innocent fun. If people are going to bring their drama here I'm going to play with it.
My goal is to make you shoot milk out your nose.

FROM MY HEART I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE.

Rufus T Firefly
12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry, I don't know what an SSI check is or why you'd presume to know what kind of check I might or might not be receiving.

SSI is a Social Security check.

cstephens
12-11-2007, 05:15 PM
SSI is a Social Security check.

So by saying that I get a social security check, he's implying that I'm really old and spending my government-issued check on something as worthless as DCA because I'm too senile to know any better?

Oh, I get it, it was meant as an insult! Thanks for clarifying!

Malcon10t
12-11-2007, 05:47 PM
So by saying that I get a social security check, he's implying that I'm really old and spending my government-issued check on something as worthless as DCA because I'm too senile to know any better?

Oh, I get it, it was meant as an insult! Thanks for clarifying!Actually, SSI checks are Supplemental Security Income Checks which are for lower income people who have some form of a disability and need extra income to make it. Yes, it was a major insult.

MiaTurner
12-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Dude you guys, I TOTALLY agree: Lucas Grabeel IS the sexist guy alive. :cool:

Mr.Bear
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
There are always exceptions. If someone really, really likes DCA for some reason I suppose they would buy a parkhopper. I may not understand it but what people do with their SSI check is their own business.

This thread is more fun than a barrel full of mice.

First in defense of Spokker he never said SSI meant anything so we can’t accuse anyone of implying they were trying to insult anyone.

When I wrote, “where is my pile of SSI checks” I meant “Stupid Silly Income checks”. Meaning income designated for silly and fun things.

If SSI was meant as Supplemental Security Income or Social Security Income well that’s another story.

I’m curious, when Spokker first posted the above post he had only the first sentence. Then about 4 minutes later he added the SSI part. Of course I am curious from a human behavioral standpoint why he felt he needed to LATER add the SSI comment since no one on here had mentioned SSI checks.

Boy I’m sure glad I didn’t make that comment.

Well back to making sugar Christmas cookies.
Sure wished I had some Disney cookie cutters. Probably could have afforded them if I hadn’t of bought that stupid 1-day park hopper. Why didn’t someone tell me it was a bad deal!!!