PDA

View Full Version : entrance to DCA from paradise pier hotel?

happyfunball
08-07-2002, 03:56 PM
ok, so the brochure I read says such a thing exists, and for the life of me I can't think where it might be.

I was at DCA last september and remember the grand californian entrance, but not the paradise pier hotel entrance.. is it down in the wharf area?

I'm going to the resort again in October and staying in the hotel, and was curious about this but no map I can find is actually to scale, so I resort to asking the forum.

Techie7
08-07-2002, 05:07 PM
The entrance is next to the corndog castle in the paradise pier section of DCA. The path leads from there to a gate just inside of the Grand California property. You kinda have to know its there. It is very easy to miss while in the park.

JeffG
08-07-2002, 05:10 PM
It is located in Paradise Pier, next to Mulholland Madness. The turnstiles exit out to a short walkway that ends up across the street from the front entrance to the Paradise Pier Hotel. Anyone can exit through the gate, but you have to use a room key to open a gate to enter the walkway to get to the turnstiles.

-Jeff

happyfunball
08-07-2002, 05:21 PM
thanis for the info.. for the life of me I couldn't recall any exit being down there but I dont' think I spent much time in that area other than on my way to the roller coaster.

no matter now, I'll know every inch of the place when I'm done.. I'll be gorging myself on 5 days of disney resorty goodness as a birthday gift to myself.

Matterhorn Fan
08-07-2002, 07:02 PM
If you plan to enter using that entrance, you'll probably want to know where it is, unless you want to have to bother the valets at the Grand Californian (I can't imagine who would need to do such a thing).

From the PPH, you cross at the crosswalk. You go in by the driveway to the GCH. There'll be a small gate on your right. (Yes, it's across from the PPH, but it's not facing the PPH. It faces the little booths at the driveway entrance to the GCH.) It doesn't look like it goes to the park. You use your hotel key to unlock the gate, and you'll be on that nice little pathway that goes up to the turnstile. You can be in line for corn dogs before you know it.

DisneyFreak2000
08-07-2002, 10:00 PM
So is it possible to have one person go into DCA, and hold the PP exit open for other people to sneak in?

;)

I'm jk

Techie7
08-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Technically yes you could hold the gate open. But the time it took you to do that you could be going in through the GCH entrance. Along with this, by holding open the gate you might risk getting to meet DLR security. ;) :D