PDA

View Full Version : No Fireworks in Sept & Oct

roberts1398
08-07-2002, 03:30 PM
I mentioned in a few posts that I heard there would be no fireworks between Labor Day and the starting of the Holiday show in November. I recently emailed guest services at Disney.com about this and this is the response I got today...

"Dear Diane,

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

Our website has recently been updated! For a complete list of Park hours,
entertainment schedules and location closures please visit our website at
www.disneyland.com and click on General Information, then the Hours & Schedules
link in the blue section on the left and enter your visit dates.

Regretfully, "Believe& There's Magic in the Stars" Fireworks Spectacular is not
scheduled during your scheduled visit dates. We apologize for any disappointment
this may cause you."

(PS -- for those of you who've been sharing the frustration over the errors on the disney.com site this week, I'm sure you appreciated the 1st paragraph as much as I did, lol!)

zapppop
08-07-2002, 04:45 PM
I don't recall Disneyland putting their fireworks show on hiatus during the off season ever before.

Why are they doing this :confused:

RStar
08-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Strange, I don't recall them having the fireworks AFTER labor day. (Maybe during the weekend for a while).

They didn't use to have fireworks during the winter at all untill Belive.

So this is not so unusual.....

Darkbeer
08-07-2002, 06:24 PM
They did it last year, in fact added the patrotic finale in rememberence of September 11th....

And if Disney.com is correct, then Fantasmic! is only going to be on Saturdays in September and October....

And the Haunted mansion doesn't need to close for the HMH makeover....:p

Darkbeer
08-07-2002, 06:48 PM
This also means that there will be NO Perfomances of Fantasmic! on Monday thru Thursday in the last week of August.......:eek:

LIMANDL4EVA
08-07-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I don't recall Disneyland putting their fireworks show on hiatus during the off season ever before.

Why are they doing this :confused:
ya didnt they just used to play them on FRI and SAT during off season?

zapppop
08-07-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Strange, I don't recall them having the fireworks AFTER labor day. (Maybe during the weekend for a while).

They didn't use to have fireworks during the winter at all untill Believe.

So this is not so unusual.....
I was referring to not having them at all during the off season. Last year they had fireworks on Friday and Saturday during the off season. They're not even gonna do that.

Perhaps this is because a certain theme park (which shall go " namels " ;) ) is not doing very well and cutbacks need to be made to make up for its financial losses.

Disney Nick
08-07-2002, 08:30 PM
a certain theme park (which shall go " namels " ;) )
PICK ME PICK ME!!! I know!!!!

P.S. You can't hold the wand if you can't spell nameless

zapppop
08-07-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by NMoreles

PICK ME PICK ME!!! I know!!!!

P.S. You can't hold the wand if you can't spell nameless
It's an inside joke: hence the quotation marks ;)

Disney Nick
08-07-2002, 09:15 PM

It's an inside joke: hence the quotation marks ;)
I wanna be inside!!! :( Anyways I still stick by my statement :cool:

babytrey2000
08-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Thanks for posting the current schedule, it was much appreciated. Unfortunately, the last time I looked, I thought the Matterhorn Bobsleds weould be up & running. NOPE! I missed them last year in mid September, & I guess this will 2 years in a row now. On the happper side, I will get to see Fantasmic, that I have never seen before.

:D

justagrrl
08-08-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
This also means that there will be NO Perfomances of Fantasmic! on Monday thru Thursday in the last week of August.......:eek:

Which means I'm never going to see that damn show. Darn them! I thought that was going to be my chance.

roberts1398
08-08-2002, 08:26 AM
Now I have to preface this with the fact that I never went to DL in the 90's. But I have NEVER been to DL when there weren't fireworks at some time during my stay. We used to go every year for a convention in October or January, and I know we had fireworks then (maybe only on the weekends, tho). And when I went for the 1/2 day on a Saturday in early May this year, there were fireworks.

I figured there wouldn't be any during the week, but I was hoping for at least Saturday...

I'm guessing the cost-cutting probably would have occurred even without a DCA funds-drain. Was just reading an article on how dramatically all tourist revenues are down throughout the country, from theme parks to bed and breakfasts in New England for fall foliage time. While clearly DCA is not the financial success that Disney hoped for, I don't think it's fair to blame it entirely. The economy and post-Sept 11 fears certainly have their role as well...

roberts1398
08-08-2002, 08:29 AM
Oh, and Darkbeer ... I heard from an anonymous source that there are schedules out in the park indicating Fantasmic will be showing for two shows on Sats and one show on Fridays in Sept/Oct. He/she was pretty definite about it, and was also correct about the fireworks, assuming the email I got from disney.com guest services is correct.

So here's hoping they're at least right on the Fantasmic issue ...

stinkerbell
08-09-2002, 08:09 AM
Ahhhhh! I promised Cassidy fireworks!

I am in sooo much trouble! Okay, she'll get over it someday, but I guarantee you, no matter how great a time she has, the first words out of her mouth when we get home will be, "but, there were no fireworks and Mommy said there would be fireworks." Ugh. ;)

disneynut
08-09-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
Ahhhhh! I promised Cassidy fireworks!

I am in sooo much trouble! Okay, she'll get over it someday, but I guarantee you, no matter how great a time she has, the first words out of her mouth when we get home will be, "but, there were no fireworks and Mommy said there would be fireworks." Ugh. ;)

Don'tcha hate when your words come back to bite ya!?:D

stinkerbell
08-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Oh, but you have no idea! That's all she's talked about to family and friends. Fireworks and Grizzly River Run (which I haven't told her, but she's not tall enough to ride it.......)

I am in sooooo much trouble. ;)