PDA

View Full Version : characters - how many have you seen?

Pages : [1] 2

cookie7762
12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I remember stumbling upon a website that listed all of the characters at disneyland and classified them in groups according to their rarity. Most common to least common. I was surprised to see that I have picutres from my childhood with some of the most rare characters. Last summmer my brother and I vowed we were going to print out the list and try to see them all. Well, unfortunately I couldn't find the website again, and my brother and I gave up on our quest. So my question is: has anyone attempted this? Has anyone succeeded? are there characters that are "retired". Share some stories!

yohomama212
12-06-2007, 09:53 AM
DS' very first character picture was with Mr. Smee and Captain Hook. I've seen Captain Hook plenty of times, but I haven't seen Smee since.

I never thought we'd get Pocahontas, but apparently she's a regular at PFF.

I'd love to have that list too!

Elizabeth

Toocherie
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
I can't begin to count the number of characters I've seen over the years. My Mom has a picture of me that I believe was taken at Disneyland when I was two or three years old and I'm with a pig--maybe one of the Three Little Pigs? (Definitely NOT Porky!)

I would just like to say this character has had a profound influence on my life . . . . .LOL

I don't think they have these pig characters anymore because of the negative connotations--and because they are not as marketable as the more recognizable characters in the movies.

I would love to see the list too.

bassett1976
12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I remember the list you are talking about. I think it may have been from WDW though. I did find some information at http://www.mouseinfo.com/index.php?page=chr about DLR but they don't have times/locations for each character.

One thing that I have done at WDW (and would assume you can do at DLR) is to go into City Hall and ask them if/when a specific character will be out in the park. I don't think they release that information but they might be able to call and ask about a specific character.

One good tip that I can give you (given to my wife and myself on our honeymoon) is to go to the entrance of Toon Town after the park opening. They usually have some of the chacters hanging out before TT opens. We got a picture with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto on our trip. We just missed Goofy as he was only a few feet away but not in the big group picture. And since no one goes up there, you have a tiny wait to get to the characters.

Mrs Mouse
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
We got a picture with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto on our trip.

You got all three of them together? That is so cool! I would love to get a picture together with Minnie and Mickey.

On our trip a couple of years ago we managed to get a photo with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore all together on Main Street. I thought that was quite a find!

I couldn't even begin to count all of the characters we've seen - there sure has been a lot of them!

ochibiyo
12-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Oooh, I would love that list! I believe the only characters I took pics was when I was kid that are no longer there are the character from Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers! HAHAHA! They use to have a cartoon area for them right before the area of Toon Town and Small World. Also I miss Roger Rabbit, he use to come out by the Toon Town bank. When my niece first went on his ride, she asked who the heck that rabbit was, it so funny! The only rare characters my niece has taken with was in WDW - it was Hades and Phil from Hercules and Pinocchio's daddy.

Ohthatjeff
12-07-2007, 06:58 AM
The only one I could find was for WDW and was linked to in an earlier thread:

http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/wdw/disneyrare.html

I can't find one for DL.

ETA: (Try these)
http://www.disneymouselinks.com/Disneyland-Characters-A-Z.aspx
http://tarazandra.com/disney/locate/1.htm

WITron
12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Oooh, I would love that list! I believe the only characters I took pics was when I was kid that are no longer there are the character from Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers! HAHAHA! They use to have a cartoon area for them right before the area of Toon Town and Small World. Also I miss Roger Rabbit, he use to come out by the Toon Town bank. When my niece first went on his ride, she asked who the heck that rabbit was, it so funny! The only rare characters my niece has taken with was in WDW - it was Hades and Phil from Hercules and Pinocchio's daddy.

The area that you are refering to was prior to the opening of ToonTown. Disney turned that area into the the Disney Afternoon Avenue. They had a meet and greet with Balloo and you would go under the trach at what is now the entrance to Toon Town. The autopia was redone with Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers and the Motorboat cruise was themed to the Gummi Bears.

ssturgeo
12-07-2007, 10:31 AM
The big bad wolf and the three pigs were always some of my favorites...the wolf would chase the pigs around, etc. Also always liked Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee....others I have seen, gosh....Captain Hook, Smee, Peter Pan, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Max, Snow White, Cinderella and Suzy & Perla, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, The Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Rafiki, Abbu, Aladin, Jasmine, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Rabbit, Fairy God Mother, Cruella de Ville, Mad Hatter, Alice, Lilo, Stitch, Chip & Dale, Baloo, Brer Fox, Frer Bear, The two "baddies" from Pinnochio, whose names escape me right now, Captain Jack Sparrow, Queen of Hearts, Mary Poppins, Bert, Prince John, Ariel, Clara Cluck, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Merlin, Flick, Sully, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible. Wish I could remember more from when I was a kid! More fun then, they were all over the park, no "meet and greets" set up, etc.!!

cookie7762
12-07-2007, 10:48 AM
More fun then, they were all over the park, no "meet and greets" set up, etc.!!

I agree, I liked how you could just have chance encounters with the characters, instead of standing in a line at various specidfied locations.

I know you can ask at city hall to see where characters are going to be for the day, but I just wish I had that list so I knew who to ask for! I guess I should know to print things out when I find them!

ssturgeo
12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
This link provides a list of characters at DL, DCA, etc.

http://www.mouseinfo.com/index.php?page=chr

Susan L
12-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Our last trip in Oct we didn't see hardly any characters walking about like we usually do. My favorites are Captain Hook, Peter and Wendy playing hide and seek on Main Street. Or just out of the blue there she is Mary Poppins walking about.

kellipresley
12-08-2007, 07:24 PM
i know it would, "ruin the magic" of thinking that Tinkerbell is a real fairy, but i wish that they would have her walking around. all they would have to say is that she was made bigger by her magic or something. that would make my day. i heart tink so much! that would be a great character sighting!

Mrs Mouse
12-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I would love to get a picture with Jimminy Cricket! He has always been one of my all-time favorite characters. I have heard that he occassionally makes appearances on Earth Day, but we are never at DL at that time.

To my understanding, it sounds like he is a bit of a regular at WDW, so hopefully my dream will come true and I'll meet him there next summer!

I am such a child... :D

KSJayhawk
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
When we were at DLR this past October, we were frustrated after not seeing many characters on our first day there. One of the CM's recommended us going to City Hall at the beginning of the next day, and they gave us specific times to be "watching" around the Main Street/Train Station area. We waited, and then the characters just started appearing.. each about 5 minutes after the previous one. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald... all in a matter of 30-45 minutes. It was a great photo opportunity!! :)

kewlyloch
12-13-2007, 11:21 AM
These days you have have to go to the special events for charater breakfasts to see any of the more rare characters it seems. We went to Mickey's Halloween treat this past year and got to see some of the rarer ones like Lady Tremaine and the evil step sisters, the old hag, Jafar, Prince John, Frozone, and the Wicked Queen. I hate how it is at Disneyland now with everyone being scheduled and it is always the same characters and you hardly ever see anyone just walking around the park like back in the day. Oh and don't even get me started on the Princess Fantasy Fair. I hate that place!

samkj
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
When we were at DLR this past October, we were frustrated after not seeing many characters on our first day there. One of the CM's recommended us going to City Hall at the beginning of the next day, and they gave us specific times to be "watching" around the Main Street/Train Station area. We waited, and then the characters just started appearing.. each about 5 minutes after the previous one. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale, and Donald... all in a matter of 30-45 minutes. It was a great photo opportunity!! :)

We saw this group back in February on Main Street too.

pastrylover
12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy

Mad Hatter, Alice, Queen of Hearts

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Max

Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel

Woody and Jessie

Aladin, Jasmine

Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger

Fairy God Mother, Merlin

Cruella de Ville, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drusella, Judge Frolo, Jafar, Evil Queen/Hag, Prince John, Govenor Strathmore

Rafiki,Chip & Dale, Baloo, Meeko and another bear from Brother Bear but I can't remember his name

Captain Jack Sparrow and various pirates

Mary Poppins, Bert, Merlin, Sully, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible & Frozone, Pinocchio, Remy and Emile

I have autographs from most of these characters but not all....

cookie7762
12-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I was looking through old photos today and found one of me as a child at DL during the 35th anniversar event with one of the gummy bears. The little yellow girl gummy bear. I forgot that they were disney. That has got to be a retired character these days seeing as how no young people would know who it was!

JennyN
12-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Oooh I'm so jealous, a Gummy Bear, I've never seen one. Gummy Bears are my favourite characters. I spent many a night watching Gummi Bear episodes with my daughter when she had a nightmare. I brought her up with Gummi Bears being the answer to all nighttime ails. If my memory is correct the yellow one is called Sunny.:D

Mermaid
12-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I also have a picture of myself as a little girl with one or two of the Three Little Pigs. This would have been early 80's. One of the rarest characters I have seen recently would be Gepetto. I don't get a lot of pictures with characters, but I do tend to notice them!

MammaSilva
12-23-2007, 03:11 PM
We have a ton of character pictures but hands down the rarest I have in 'my' collection is Clarabelle the cow, I don't even recall seeing her out before this trip but we got pics of her just this last trip over in the reindeer round up area. Other ones we've seen or have pics of are the cast from Hunchback, John Smith when Pocohantas was out in the theaters, all the cast of Chip & Dale rescue rangers and roger rabbit when toontown first opened. I have pictures of me with very OLD school white rabbit from the 50's thanks to my mom.

cookie7762
12-26-2007, 05:57 AM
I also have a picture of myself as a little girl with one or two of the Three Little Pigs. This would have been early 80's. One of the rarest characters I have seen recently would be Gepetto. I don't get a lot of pictures with characters, but I do tend to notice them!

I definitely remember the three little pigs. I have all 3 on video at a character breakfast from like 1987. I wonder what they do with the costumes that they will probably never use again.

IdahoMike
12-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Probably the rarest one we have gotten to meet was Piglet. He almost never makes an appearance over in Critter Country, although I know he has been making appearances at Minnie's Breakfast now and then. We have also seen Rabbit, but didn't get a photo or autograph. My wife saw Clarabelle once, but I had the kids with me at the time. All in all, we have probably met 60 or so characters. Not real sure on the number

houseofmouse
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
My mom has a picture of me with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee when I was a year old many many many years ago!! I would love to see Kuzco (sp?) and Mike from Monsters Inc. We have seen Sulley but never Mike, we saw him from a distance in WDW almost 2 years ago.

Seems like they don't walk around like they used to. We used to see the 3 little pigs and the dwarfs walk around all the time but not much anymore.