PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Balcony Seating

sierranevada
12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Does anyone know if the balcony seating has reopened?

AVP
12-05-2007, 07:19 AM
It's not coming back anytime soon, because the balcony used for the premium seating is part of the space being turned into the Disney Dream Suite.

AVP

sierranevada
12-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Did they add more seats to Riverside to compensate?

AVP
12-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Did they add more seats to Riverside to compensate?I know they had added a second section at one point, but I honestly do not know if that was temporary / seasonal or permanent. I would imagine it's simply a function of how many reservations they've had for a given night. I can try to check if you like.

AVP

sierranevada
12-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I will be calling today or tomorrow so I am sure I will find out.

Thanks.

Malcon10t
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I will be calling today or tomorrow so I am sure I will find out.

Thanks.They have increased the seating area at the Riverside.

sierranevada
12-05-2007, 02:44 PM
They have increased the seating area at the Riverside.

Thanks - I just called to make ressies for 1/3 and she said the seating is now about 60. Check in is a little different too. She said to check in at 7 pm (for the 9 pm show) and tell the CM where we would like to sit and then come back 30 minutes prior to the show.

canadianmom
12-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Say it isn't so?! No more balconey seating?! AAUUGGHH!!! Will it ever come back or is it gone forever?

Malcon10t
12-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Say it isn't so?! No more balconey seating?! AAUUGGHH!!! Will it ever come back or is it gone forever?Its gone. We have ressies for NYE.

disneyhound
12-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Say it isn't so?! No more balconey seating?! AAUUGGHH!!! Will it ever come back or is it gone forever?

Forever is too long to predict, when Disney is involved. But with the Dream Suite taking over the Gallery area, access to the Balcony is not available for guests not staying in the suite. I hope that someday, they will re-create the Fantasmic! Balcony experience; one of our "special" favorite things to do at DL. A CM at the reservation/tour office told me they have a similar experience over at DCA for viewing the Electric Parade, from the Vineyard Room, from an outdoor setting. They provide some food and a drink of your choice, alcohol for those 21+, Prices was $59/guest, like Fantasmic! reserved seating.

kijay
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
So how much is the seating for this now, and what do you get for it? Does it even compare to the balcony? We did the balcony in 2001 and it was incredible. One of our families greatest Disney moments. :D