PDA

View Full Version : Cold and rainy fri Nov 30

shamrockshake
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Hi All,

Anyone else at DL during the rains on Friday? the roof started leaking on POTC and they closed it for a while, Then we went back and while in the canon firing room, on the wall was written " TEMP ERROR" they stopped it again. Does the TEMP stand for Temperature or Tempoarary? Just curious.

A lot of flooding during the rain, but al least crowds were at a minimum.

PanFan
12-03-2007, 09:25 AM
No idea about the TEMP question, but I was there on Friday, working IASW. At least we have umbrellas over there! And the rain gear we can get from costuming is actually pretty nice. I was scheduled for Storybook that day, but switched with someone and boy, was I glad I did!

TTFN92
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Our friends and BILs family went. They just got back yesterday so I'm going to have to find out how they were. I was really jealous that they were going, but now that I know how hard it rained I'm glad we didn't ;).

DangerMouse
12-03-2007, 01:31 PM
We were there! I was also on Pirates when the flood was pouring down out of the light fixture in the ceiling. I believe we were on one of the last boats to unload after they closed it.

We were in the parks from 8-12 then went back to the HoJo to dry off. We headed back to DCA at around 6:30 and stayed in DL for fireworks on BTMRR and then my family whimped out before the second F! showing. I'm not even sure they had one since it started drizzling rain again at around 10.

Saturday morning EE in the park was GORGEOUS though. Brisk, clean air, no crowds, just PERFECT until about 10 when I left for home.

hawaiimom
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
We were there, too, and it was my first visit with rain. We ran through DCA to the Princess Breakfast at 8.30am. It was still pouring when we finished and luckily the store across from Ariel's Grotto was selling ponchos. Someone said the hotels had already sold out of them. We hung around GCH until there was just a slight drizzle around 1.30pm. Grabbed a leisurely lunch at DTD then headed to DL. The park was really empty and we only hit up a few rides. Alice and the tea cups were down as was the monorail. The boats at IASW had about an inch of water on the bottom but the seats were dry so we just sat with our feet on the seat. The line for Nemo was 35 mins long so I took my mom and daughter on that while DH took my son on Autotopia. It was a letdown not being able to see the regular parade as it was our last full day but it was still fun. We got ice cream on Main St then decided to head back for the night because it started drizzling again. I was so surprised to see so many people heading into the park at this point because I was sure the fireworks would be canceled. Well, they weren't which made me sad but at least we were able to see them on our first night. I have to admit I loved the cold weather.

Saturday morn was awesome as DangerMouse said. I forced everyone awake to make EE and we did everything we wanted and headed out at 10am. The parks were getting crowded at that point and we went back to check out. We went to DCA for about an hour, then grabbed some food and got in the car for the drive to LAX.

Now we're back in Hawaii but it's been raining cats and dogs here. And in between storms it's really humid. So I'm dreaming of our next trip to DL in May.

DLR Junkie
12-03-2007, 06:01 PM
We were also in the park on rainy Friday. We were the first riders on Screamer. The cast member warned us that the rain can be quite painful on the face. He was right. Most lines were 20 minutes or less waiting for the rides, except Nemo. I was surprised to see as many people in the park as there were with the rain. We watched Fantasmic and the fireworks, and at 11:00 PM checked on the Nemo line. It was a 15 minute wait, so we got in line. There was no 'snow' after the fireworks because of the rain. Our shoes were so wet, that we resorted to wearing plastic baggies over our socks to keep our feet dry.

Jenlan2001
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
We were there as well, and even though we got very wet - even with ponchos- we had a blast. Jungle Cruise was hysterical when they turned a corner. Water just poured off the top of the boat down the back! Weird weather this trip. Our first couple of days were very warm, then overcast and then whammo - rain.

kathynova
12-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Also there on Friday with a group of 9 people. Some were weak and whiny, but most hung in there and enjoyed the light crowds. We got a break mid-morning when we took our little ones to the Princess Meet and Greet at Ariel's Grotto at 11:30. When we came out it had eased up a bit, but still drizzly all day. The crowds were very light and it was a nice day. The fireworks went off, but no snow, so we had to catch that the next night. All in all a good day at the park. A little rain never melted anyone...except maybe that witch from that "non-disney" story!

shamrockshake
12-05-2007, 10:11 AM
We left the park early as well, assuming there would be no fireworks. I was bummed when I noticed the blasts of light coming form DL while we sat at the bar at the Grand California. But was glad to be warm!

seigyoku
12-05-2007, 01:00 PM
We were there. The oddest part was that we got most soaked, not by the rain, and not by Splash Mountain, but by the Jungle Cruise. We had to go back to the hotel to change socks!

RStar
12-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Now we're back in Hawaii but it's been raining cats and dogs here. And in between storms it's really humid. So I'm dreaming of our next trip to DL in May.

How funny. Most people dream to go where you live for a vacation!

I live just a few blocks from Disneyland, perhaps we should house swap some day! ;)

BraMax
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
We were there too and soaked aswell. But we had a blast. We even did GRR 2 times without getting off because there was no line ups and we figured we were already soaked so why not lol. I think we got the wettest on Dumbo because just as we went up in the air the sky opened and it poured lol. Oh well we had our hats and ponchos on and had a blast. Oh yeah I got the down the back with water on the Jungle Cruise as well and let me tell you I was dry at that point I thought the darn elephant shot water at me lol.

Bytebear
12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
it looks like this weekend (Dec. 7) will be another rainy one at Disneyland. We are going just to take advantage of the lack of people. We are making a point to hit Splash Mountain, because we never go when it's cold, but I figure with the rain, it can't make it worse.

bassett1976
12-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah I got the down the back with water on the Jungle Cruise as well and let me tell you I was dry at that point I thought the darn elephant shot water at me lol.

It's snot water. :p

BraMax
12-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Eeewwwwweeeeeeee;)