PDA

View Full Version : Look! A rocket jet is back!

MonorailMan
08-05-2002, 08:14 PM
Look At This Photo (Top Right Corner):
http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/LineAtBuild-A-PinCounter.jpg

A rocket jet is back, YEA! :D

DisneylandKid
08-05-2002, 08:17 PM
Wasn't there always one there? I know they had other vintage Tomorrowland ride vehicles.

Andrew
08-05-2002, 08:19 PM
It's been there since that shop reopened as the Rocket Rods' exit queue.

cemeinke
08-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Yup, Welcome to the Premier shop where your favorite Tomorowland attractions have been turned into racks for displaying pin merchandise.

It truely is the Tomorrowland Attraction Graveyard. :rolleyes:

Not Afraid
08-05-2002, 08:33 PM
In front of that pic you can see one of the two fiberglass PeopleMover counters. There are actually several Rocket Jets (about 6) either hanging and or used as shelving. The other sad peice is a SkyBucket hanging from the ceiling. There is also some fabulous TL '67 concept art hung about on the walls. Very sad, but wonderful.

merlinjones
08-05-2002, 09:10 PM
From the desk of Ray Gomez:

"Tomorrowland's Premiere Shop will be the centerpiece of a dramatic 50th Anniversary promotion for Disneyland Park. Nostalgic visitors will be able to view an original New Tomorrowland ride vehicle as they shop for commemorative build-a-pin sets featuring the striking 50 Happy Ears logo. Limited edition merchandise, such as PeopleMover bookends and Captain Eo snowglobe will further enhance the magic of this once-in-a-lifetime celebration. Annual Passholders will be exclusively entitled to purchase $50. tickets for a special birthday cake party (sponsored by Hostess), - -and merchandise preview - - to be held six months early on a cold, rainy night in mid-January, 2005 (tickets will be $65. at the gate). We have been planning this very special birthday for several years and are hoping a complete print of American Journeys might be located in time for this rare, exclusive party hosted by Just Plain Mark and Zippy of top rated Radio Disney. Innoventions, Astro-Orbitor and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port will be open limited hours to keep Tomorrowland buzzing for your nostalgic pleasure on this historic occaision. We are pleased to be part of this special night, honoring Walt Disney's legacy."

RStar
08-06-2002, 08:17 AM
merlinjones,

You had me going there for a minute. Until I read Just plain Mark and Zippy I thought it was for real (with the exception of the cold rainy night part). Although I had a hard time trying to picture the Captain EO snow globe. I wonder if they will ever sell a vidio of the Captain EO film (I'm sure MJ will want a large cut).

Now that's funny:D .....

~Bob