PDA

View Full Version : space mountain

elimoon
08-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Is Space Mountain Closing Down fo Good? Also when do they "Expect" to have the pooh ride up and running? thanks...elimoon

Techie7
08-05-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by elimoon
Is Space Mountain Closing Down fo Good?

??????? When did you hear this

Not Afraid
08-05-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by elimoon
Is Space Mountain Closing Down fo Good? Also when do they "Expect" to have the pooh ride up and running? thanks...elimoon

This is the first I've heard about SM closing for good. A good refurb would be nice, though.

The "new as yet unannounced attraction" in Critter Country is scheduled to open in 2003. No official announcement about what this new attraction will be.

elimoon
08-05-2002, 06:07 PM
I thought I saw somthing to the effect in mouseinfo.com I was checking out stuff about the pooh ride and someone mentioned that it "may" open with the pooh ride. Thats why I asked about the pooh ride too. I may have not read the post or understood it but that's what I was led to believe.

elimoon
08-05-2002, 06:15 PM
I am a big dummy I meant to write Splash Mountain oops sorry I have Space mountain on my mind I guess I really am a Space Cadet! ::eek:

Techie7
08-05-2002, 06:23 PM
i was actually just going to post and ask if that was what you meant. That would make sense that they both would go down and reopen together. I know they still were going to do some more area landscaping. This all could have changed from when I last heard. I know they got a lot of the paving out of the way this last time. Now I think you might get some responses on this.

elimoon
08-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Again I am so sorry I did not mean to start any bad rumors!!! I would delete the entire post if I could so not to confuse anyone...How awful.... Well I hope they don't close down Splash at all !! Please don't let them shut down splash Mountain! Sorry again...elimoon

Techie7
08-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about it. It is easy to mix up names. Plenty of rumers have been started on the board by accident. I know one person who had quite a few people running around the DLR Hunated Mansion looking for the Madam Leota Tombstone. ;)

RStar
08-06-2002, 09:20 AM
One senerio is that they close splash in the fall for major rehab (possibly new boats and flume, and if so- also add the extra air gate) to be opened at the same time as the Pooh ride. So get ready for the possibility of the ride closing for as long as 8 months. But the good news is that it will not be closing for good (unless something realy bad happends).

disguy
08-06-2002, 10:45 AM
I would they spend all this money on the new boats they just installed...and then turn around and put in new boats again? That just insan't practial esepcially after looking at there stock. I doubt they will do that.

Disney Nick
08-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by disguy
I would they spend all this money on the new boats they just installed...and then turn around and put in new boats again? That just insan't practial esepcially after looking at there stock. I doubt they will do that.
You are expecting Disney to be practical? Are you thinking about the same Disney as me??

RStar
08-06-2002, 05:27 PM
I havn't been on the ride sence it reopened, but my understanding is that they only retrofitted the old logs. The new boats would (if they go through with it) be two people wide, and would sit (I think) ten people. And because the boat is wider, they need to widen all the flumes, which means basically gutting the ride. The fix on the log for the restraint system cut capassity, and the new system would increase it (at least put it back where it was). They could also do some changes (I.E. inlarge the show) for the 50th celebration at that time. But there has been no official announcement yet on any of it that I know of.

elimoon
08-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Well Now I am soooo sorry I started this post I guess when you ask a question you can't be upset by the answers! I will be at DLR
from Nov. 1-9 and I guess things are not looking to good for Splash Mountain Boo-Hoo well I guess Flicks Fun Fair will make up for SP. M if it shuts down (Yea Right) See what I get Curiosity did kill the cat ! bye for now....moon:crying:

Ace
08-06-2002, 08:59 PM
>>You are expecting Disney to be practical? Are you thinking about the same Disney as me??<<

Yeah. Geez.... can't they spend the money on something else?