PDA

View Full Version : What world record do you hold?

Pages : [1] 2

RocketTom
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I was in the park the other night with my daughter. The park closed at 8 that night and the ride lines where rather small. We were able to walk right up to most of the rides and get on with only a 5 minute wait. One of the rides that we had to wait longer for was Big Thunder Mountain (almost 20 minutes). There were some high school/college aged kids in front of us who were talking about chocolate pudding cups. I thought this was just for snacks between the rides or something, but (as is usually the case) I was mistaken - it was for consumption ON the ride. That's right - they were after the record for eating the most chocolate pudding cups on as many rides as they could. They didn't make a mess, they took care of the trash, and they had a blast. We laughed about it throughout the entire ride, and joked about it for the rest of the night.

That made me think - what "world records" (made up or otherwise) do YOU hold in Disneyland?

Nancy
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I like to think I am the record holder for bringing the most patience with me to the park.

Niwel
11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Most amount of time tracking down a Chanukah pin -- three hours (and I think most amount of DL Chanukah pins worn on a single-visit to the park). :fez:

codewoman
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
The most visits to the Park without winning a Dream prize.

Mostly Anonymous
11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
My son may have been the youngest guest to visit Disneyland on its 50th Anniversary. (4 weeks exactly.) No way to be certain, but I didn't see any babies that looked quite as newborn as he did.

yohomama212
11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Codewoman- I might have to dispute your claim! Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm in the running for most trips by a pregnant woman and definitely most trips with the intent to induce labor! (No, it didn't work.)

Elizabeth

GusMan
11-30-2007, 03:23 PM
The most visits to the Park without winning a Dream prize.
Along the same lines, I think I hold the record for most days in one trip without winning a Dream prize. (Full disclosure: It was at WDW, but still... 9 days - no dream prises.)

Of course, I will stand corrected if need be. :)

THpoohbear
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Along the same lines, I think I hold the record for most days in one trip without winning a Dream prize. (Full disclosure: It was at WDW, but still... 9 days - no dream prises.)

In terms of number of days, we tie, GusMan. :)

BUT, I took TWO 9 night trips to WDW during the YOAMD, and no prize during either one for me.
:|

Andrew
11-30-2007, 03:42 PM
If I don't hold the world land speed record from Anaheim to Palo Alto, I am certainly in the top three.

Nancy
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
My son may have been the youngest guest to visit Disneyland on its 50th Anniversary. (4 weeks exactly.) No way to be certain, but I didn't see any babies that looked quite as newborn as he did.

In April '06 my friend and I took the kids and her youngest was 2 weeks old. And it rained almost the whole time we were there!!

zombie pirate
11-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I hold the record of most time spent standing in lines for attractions on a single day, or do I?:rolleyes:

Nancy
11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I hold the record of most time spent standing in lines for attractions on a single day, or do I?:rolleyes:

I tied that record!!!!!

Boo's Mommy
11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
50 times on the Monster's Inc ride within a 4 day trip to the park!

14 times in ONE day on Grizzly River Rapids (DH and DD, that is, and yes, my hubby's arthritic legs, knees, ankle and feet paid a dear price)!

yohomama212
11-30-2007, 06:04 PM
December '02, DS was 12 days old and enjoying the Candlelight Concert at DL. (I know someone who took their 10 day old baby but she's not here.)

Elizabeth

MiaTurner
11-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Most times riding Haunted Mansion oooover and oooover and ooooover. (And I mean OVER and over.)

And most debates with HM cast members over the ride's storyline, perhaps ;)

jMom
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
If I don't hold the world land speed record from Anaheim to Palo Alto, I am certainly in the top three.

I thought you looked familiar! :p

Um, most romantic use of ride stops on dark rides (and I'm talking about kisses only, people!). Before kids. ;)

bassett1976
11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
How about the longest time to get from Small World to walk to the car. Then to get out of the parking structure to get onto the freeway.

4th of July, 2003 (3.5 hours)

Note: We decided to stay across the street for 2004.

foolishmortal
11-30-2007, 10:01 PM
World record(maybe) for the most go arounds on GRR's without getting off the ride 7 times in a row!:D everytime we went around we yelled we're not wet enough we missed the geyser! :rolleyes:We finally hit it thanks to the Cm's I think they wanted us off the ride!!:~D We were the only one's on it for like 20min!
I stand corrected if someone else can beat this!!!!

Wendi
12-01-2007, 02:25 PM

I'm a bigger loser than you. I started out with an 11 day WDW trip - we were actually there on the kickoff day of the celebration too. Then this year, a 9 day trip. Plus countless trips to DLR... still no dreams. We are soooo unlucky.

potzbie
12-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I tied for BEST PARKING SLOT IN MICKEY AND FRIENDS, one day.

You can't beat Aisle 10, Slot #1.
(I forget the level.)

raych30
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Codewoman- I might have to dispute your claim! Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm in the running for most trips by a pregnant woman and definitely most trips with the intent to induce labor! (No, it didn't work.)

Elizabeth

Ha ha, me too! I'm due any day now, and my last trip to DL (last week) didn't do anything to help get labor going. I thought that all the walking I did would start something at least, but nope, this little girl is staying put for now.

Rachel

BQ2
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
WOW ! Impressive!!

:)

50 times on the Monster's Inc ride within a 4 day trip to the park!

14 times in ONE day on Grizzly River Rapids (DH and DD, that is, and yes, my hubby's arthritic legs, knees, ankle and feet paid a dear price)!

Darkbeer
12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Riding 11 Roller Coasters at 11 different locations in less than 11 hours.

Koukla
12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Most generations at the park at one time with the fewest amount of people maybe? Five people in four generations (and it was my 80+ year old great-grandma who outdid everyone in the energy department and was still wanting to ride the Matterhorn again at closing time).

14 times in ONE day on Grizzly River Rapids

Okay, this is the record I wanna beat!:D

THpoohbear
12-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Riding 11 Roller Coasters at 11 different locations in less than 11 hours.

I remember that! That was such a fun trip report to read.